Moana

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Re: Moana

Post by Kyle »

Peoples opinion on other things do not affect you in any way, you're being way too sensitive here.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That some of the modern WDAS films borrow concepts (like a female protagonist facing a climate crisis of some kind) is a fairly common criticism. I don't think it's being unfair to Wish to point out it copies a few things, most Disney films copy from films behind them. Like how Cinderella and SB have a similar structure as SW as far as the mice or fairies replacing the Dwarfs or how some of the '90s films borrow a few things from films just prior like The Black Cauldron/Oliver & Company, or how later '90s repeats some of early '90s films, etc.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Kyle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 pm Peoples opinion on other things do not affect you in any way, you're being way too sensitive here.
Oh but they do in the sense that they affect the overall perception and attitude towards things, including influencing others even if not myself towards how again things overall are, Including the general mindset towards how you perceive such things, so in other words It may cause myself or others to think a certain way towards something else, evolving into something around those lines, let alone again feeling this kind of mindset which should not ever be accepted in this kind of way no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Patricier21 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 pm
Kyle wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 pm Peoples opinion on other things do not affect you in any way, you're being way too sensitive here.
Oh but they do in the sense that they affect the overall perception and attitude towards things, including influencing others even if not myself towards how again things overall are, Including the general mindset towards how you perceive such things, so in other words It may cause myself or others to think a certain way towards something else, evolving into something around those lines, let alone again feeling this kind of mindset which should not ever be accepted in this kind of way no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem
I feel for u. Your words make sense to me cuz it is true that the more negativity that exists about a subject can influence others. I know a lot of things in my life which I did not give a fair chance too cuz I heard bad stuff about it from others so I assumed it was something bad....only to change my mind upon actually experiencing it. u seem to be very passionate and dedicated even if your passion is misdirected towards modern "Disney" which I do not consider to be real. I'm sorry u feel ganged up on though. Have u tried enjoying more of the classic films instead??? :?: I think u would get better reactions than wasting it on the likes of this Tangled on the beach movie. :) U will find Pocahontas more fulfilling a true classic
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

twihard wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:27 am
Patricier21 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 pm

I feel for u. Your words make sense to me cuz it is true that the more negativity that exists about a subject can influence others. I know a lot of things in my life which I did not give a fair chance too cuz I heard bad stuff about it from others so I assumed it was something bad....only to change my mind upon actually experiencing it. u seem to be very passionate and dedicated even if your passion is misdirected towards modern "Disney" which I do not consider to be real. I'm sorry u feel ganged up on though. Have u tried enjoying more of the classic films instead??? :?: I think u would get better reactions than wasting it on the likes of this Tangled on the beach movie. :) U will find Pocahontas more fulfilling a true classic
Again, please be aware of the kind of language that you are using, because you’re doing the exact same thing that I’m Overall stating here, Stating things like “modern Disney is not real“ or “tangled on the beach movie“, which for the record I consider to be quite a lot better than the actual tangled movie :-) you’re of course allowed to think the way that you do, and express your opinions, but please be aware of how You are expressing it and how authors may perceive and be influenced by it, like you even admitted above. Because you may be causing others to miss out on something that they let alone others may really like, and or prevent more things whether directly related to them or similar to them from happening because of the overall negative reaction and lack of overall success, EH?
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Patricier21 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:23 am
twihard wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:27 am
Again, please be aware of the kind of language that you are using, because you’re doing the exact same thing that I’m Overall stating here, Stating things like “modern Disney is not real“ or “tangled on the beach movie“, which for the record I consider to be quite a lot better than the actual tangled movie :-) you’re of course allowed to think the way that you do, and express your opinions, but please be aware of how You are expressing it and how authors may perceive and be influenced by it, like you even admitted above. Because you may be causing others to miss out on something that they let alone others may really like, and or prevent more things whether directly related to them or similar to them from happening because of the overall negative reaction and lack of overall success, EH?
Thank you for alerting me. I would normally agree with your take but in this case, I believe the best thing I could do is help dissuade ppl from giving modern, corrupt Disney a chance at watching their morally bankrupt products. I consider it a public service to educate them on instead watching the real Disney back when this was a company that cared for making art or at least entertaining the public and making dreams come true. If my posts help ppl see that real Disney is Snow White, Little mermaid, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Song of the South, Mary poppins, Jungle book and not CGI trash like Tangled on ice, Tangled on the beach, Tangled set in Spain but somehow black, black mermaid, brown Snow white with diverse genderbent dwarfs, Hermione and the beast, Misunderstood Maleficent, rapping Mary poppins, evil Peter Pan, Jessica Rabbit covered up, flop frog DEI mountain, soulless no emotion Lion King, woke Pirates without Johnny Depp, etc. then I feel I have done my job. I cannot support a company that is actively erasing their history and forcing DEI into everything. Also Acting like thier founder, one of the greatest human beings to ever exist, is a bigot and problematic. ALso funding genocides in China and Palestine and probably the Congo and Sudan too. Another good example is what is gonna happen with Harry Potter. Those movies are classics but now they have to be remade probably to be "fixed." All I know is I'm never gonna watch them and I'll be telling everyone I see never to support these revisionist films cuz they aren't Harry Potter and never will be.
Right now I see that Bob Iger's positoin on board is being challenged by ppl he tried to oust. My sympathies are with Nelson Peltz. He could be the one to fix Disney. Make Disney Great Again.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Patricier, first of all, your way of writing is so chaotic. Learn to express your thoughts in separate sentences, finish a point, then start another one, use punctuation, anything. I got a headache trying to keep up with everything you wrote. You start a topic, then, in the middle, you start another one, you come back to the first, then open a third one...and so on...it's very difficult to keep up. Seriously, not trying to be mean..

Second, your comment about your opinion being influenced by others, sounds like a you problem. You can't dictate to others how to think, just because it may influence you or because you're bothered by it, that's very childish. You should be able to think on your own. If you hear an opinion about something you have yet to experience, it shouldn't influence you. Wait to try it, then, you can think whatever you want. I'm sorry, but your attitude is very bully-like.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

In this video there's an interview with Nik Ranieri and he confirmed that Moana was supposed to be hand drawn:
https://youtu.be/ts84dhnWwCA?si=z7arycFeReaIApvE
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Typical of Iger to blindside filmmakers with surprise announcements during earnings calls to drive up the stock and impress Wall Street.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Sotiris wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:24 pm Typical of Iger to blindside filmmakers with surprise announcements during earnings calls to drive up the stock and impress Wall Street.
Well, he can't do that with Tiana's series on Disney+ now that EVERYONE, IMO, is expecting it to be hand-drawn. He can try but I won't let him. The only thing he can do is maybe turn it into a movie, maybe as a way to pump more money into it so it stays fully hand-drawn. But that is a wait and see.