Peter Pan (French Collectors Edition)

Post your lists to trade or sell products to other forum members.
banjoboy
Gold Classic Collection

Peter Pan (French Collectors Edition)

Post by banjoboy »

PETER PAN (FRENCH COLLECTORS EDITION)
This very handsomely packaged 2-disc edition looks pretty much like the American Platinum Editions for Beauty & The Beast and Sleeping Beauty - It comes in a slipcase with fold-out cardboard pack and clear disc mounts inside. It is an exclusive edition for France, which means the text on the package is in French, but once you load the DVD's you have access to full English soundtracks and menus.
You will need a Region 2 compatible player to watch this, and probably a TV set that can handle the PAL system.
I've got two copies, so I'm looking to trade the brand new, still sealed one. Since I have most Disney DVD's I may be picky about what I'd like to trade it for, but make me an offer!

Here are the specs for the French Collector's Edition

DISC 1
The feature with English and French soundtracks & subtitles (+French DTS), a THX Optimizer function and the same audio commentary as on the SE.

DISC 2

Some of the extras on disc 2 are identical to the ones on the U.S Special Edition, but come in a different order:

You Can Fly (11 min)
Kurtti-Pellerin "Making-of", featuring interview clips with Maltin, Frank Thomas, Marc Davis, Margaret Kerry (the model for Tinker Bell), Kathryn Beaumont (Wendy), storyboard sketches etc.

"Peter's Playful Prank"
A read-along for kids

The Peter Pan Story (12 min)
1952 Promotional Feaurette
Very "Golden-Age" B/W promo film, starting with cave-paintings (!) and featuring clips from Treasure Island, Song of the South, footage from the animation studio, storybord sketches etc.

Peter Pan Still-Frame Gallery
Some 60+ sketches and pre-prod studies, viewable in full-frame

Following the Leader
Sing-along for kids

Pirate Treasure Hunt
A pretty good Q&A game for kids

The following extras are not (as far as I can tell) included on the SE:

1) Playful Pan
A Silly Symphony short, not included in the WD Treasures Tin or the SE .

2) Disney's Nine Old Men (26 min)
A FANTASTIC documentary about Disney's most brilliant animators, narrated by John Canemaker who wrote the book of the same title. Rich in clips from features and shorts, from Snow White to The Rescuers, it discusses the style and work of each individual animator. I, at least, have not seen this documentary anywhere else.

3) Peter Pan (1924 silent film, 1h 41 min)
Read more about this very enjoyable silent feauture, produced by Paramount in 1924 at http://imdb.com/title/tt0015224/

4) Poster Gallery
Some 30 movie posters and promotional artwork from all over the world, viewable full-screen.