Annie Leibovitz photographs celebs in Disney fashion

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lhV8pgpx9iE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eagerly waiting for a Beauty & the Beast photoshoot vid.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

didn’t realize they’d done any more of these other than the first three (Dunst, Beckam, and Beyonce) until just a few minutes ago. Wow, there have been some really great ones. The pictures with Whoopi, Tina Fey, Julianne Moore, Latifah, Jlo, Olivia Wilde and Jessica Biel all look beautiful.

My mom loved these, too. We were just thinking of who they could have for other characters: maybe Victoria Beckham as Cruella? :lol: And Angelina Jolie as Maleficent would be awesome--or maybe Cate Blanchett? Sandra Oh as Mulan and Amanda Seyfried as Rapunzel? Bates as the Queen of Hearts again? :P I’d like to see Anne Hathaway somewhere along the line, too (honestly, I would’ve thought she’d have been a good Belle).

I wonder who they could have for Jafar, if they ever did one of him?
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Disney's Divinity wrote:didn’t realize they’d done any more of these other than the first three (Dunst, Beckam, and Beyonce) until just a few minutes ago. Wow, there have been some really great ones. The pictures with Whoopi, Tina Fey, Julianne Moore, Latifah, Jlo, Olivia Wilde and Jessica Biel all look beautiful.

My mom loved these, too. We were just thinking of who they could have for other characters: maybe Victoria Beckham as Cruella? :lol: And Angelina Jolie as Maleficent would be awesome--or maybe Cate Blanchett? Sandra Oh as Mulan and Amanda Seyfried as Rapunzel? Bates as the Queen of Hearts again? :P I’d like to see Anne Hathaway somewhere along the line, too (honestly, I would’ve thought she’d have been a good Belle).
There is no picture with Kirsten Dunst in it. I'm assuming that's whom you're referring to.

Amanda Seyfried as Rapunzel? I'd never want to see that. She does have big eyes, but she's so creepy. I'd rather see Ziyi Zhang as Mulan. But I agree with you, Anne Hathaway definitely needs her own. :)
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RLDTDHRPUeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I never knew this one existed!
Still waiting for a Beauty & the Beast photoshoot vid... :(
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

These are all awesome. The Cinderella, Snow White, BatB, Evil Queen, Ariel and Peter Pan ones are my faves. Maybe Anne Hathaway can be Megara or Esmerelda?

Kathy Bates would be great as the Queen of Hearts and it'd be funny if they got James Caan to be the King of Hearts :lol:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Annie Leibovitz photographs celebs in Disney fashion

Post by Disney's Divinity »

From what I've read, they've made a few more since the last time I checked on this. Taylor Swift as Rapunzel, Russell Brand as Captain Hook, and Jennifer Hudson as Tiana. I believe Brand was the only good choice of those three, tbh, but they all look nice. I’m not sure who I would’ve picked for Tiana--maybe Alicia Keys? I dunno.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Annie Leibovitz photographs celebs in Disney fashion

Post by Atlantica »

For a better fit, I think they could have gone with Anika Noni Rose as Tian - the design was partially based on her after all ! I do like the set up of the shot though.

I do think it is weird how some of these portraits are dead on matches to the movie, costumes etc, then some are just so different. Like the Peter Pan one for example .... that doesn't match anything in the film at all ? :?