The Animatrix

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

The Animatrix

Post by Loomis »

Some of you may have already seen the first 4 parts of this via the animatrix website, or have seen the Final Flight of the Osiris at the front of the awful Dreamcatcher.
I was fortunate enough to see all 9 parts at the cinema over the weekend, as the cinemas as Fox Studios (where large parts of the first Matrix were shot, as well as parts of the sequels I believe and Star Wars Episode 2 & 3) were screening a number of sessions.
All 9 parts were played back to back.
If this is not being played theatrically near you, at the very least rent the DVD that comes out next month. It really showcases some of the best Japanese animation there is to offer, in addition to be very cool.

I thought this may be of interest to fellow animation fans...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Since I love animation & The Matrix, I'm going to buy this sight-unseen when it comes to DVD in June.

For some reason, I can't access the anime online. :(
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Very strange that you can't access it, but if you are going to buy it sight unseen (which I would have anyways :D), I can highly recommend it.

I too love the Matrix (already got my tickets to the new flick!) and animation, so there is no reason a lover of either would not get a kick out of this.

Hope you enjoy :)
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
BasilOfBakerStreet427
In The Vaults

Post by BasilOfBakerStreet427 »

I saw the Animatrix in May or June by renting it(went straight to video in the U.S.).I really liked it.My favorites were Kid's Story and Beyond.Overall,A-.

G'Day!