Wish

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Wish

Post by Farerb »

This doesn't indicate anything. They do pencil tests for their CGI films all the time.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Have they announced a date for a Disney+ release?
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:17 amAgain, you can see subtle hints that somethings off about magnifico, including a little bit of a Divide with his wife, in the scene before Asha Has her interview. Not explicitly evil per se, but that there is something going on.

If you think about it, itโ€™s actually a lot like John Lasseterโ€˜s reign and what supposedly happened. He helped build a โ€œKingdomโ€œ with a lot of hard work, gave everybody at least overall a reason not to worry and be eternally grateful, With no overall signs of anything astray except for perhaps a very small few, until something eventually happened that caused him to snap or rather go a little too far. There were people that were close to him that knew more about what was going on, but they were able to find Band-Aid solutions and keep it under control, but again it wasnโ€™t until something happened that he ended up ousted. True, itโ€™s not quite the same as what happened with magnifico, but you get what I mean here Metaphorically, spiritually and thematically right?
Yes, I get it. I agree with you, actually. But he was not classic Disney villain evil from the beginning. There were hints, but he wasn't like Ursula or Jafar. And I would have been ok with just him being a little evil in the beginning like you said, with evil just waiting to come out, and then I just wish he chose to be fully evil in the climax, not made evil by magic.
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:45 pm Apparently, Wish was gonna be hand-drawn going off of this pencil test of King Magnifico: https://x.com/ncluke1024/status/1735041 ... 35907?s=46.

I guess this film kicking off development while Iger was still leading Disney, being animated while Chapek was in charge, and only being halfway done when Iger came back prevented this film from being able to be hand-drawn animated.
That animation is so beautiful, I wish (ha!) they put that kind of animation in the film and made it 3D using the Paperman technique!
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:48 pm This doesn't indicate anything. They do pencil tests for their CGI films all the time.
Yes, they do it but this one seems very finishedโ€ฆ

I think that they are going to wait a few weeks more to release it on Disney+. They need people to stop thinking that going to theaters to Watch a Disney movie is not worth it because in two months is going to appear on Disney+
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

โ€˜Wishโ€™ Claws Its Way Back at the Global Box Office
https://collider.com/wish-global-box-of ... 6-million/
The movie finished just outside the top five this weekend at the domestic box office, where it was outclassed by the holdover hit Trolls Band Together, but it registered an improvement in international territories, thanks mainly to a strong debut in Japan. With nearly $72 million from overseas markets and just under $55 million domestically, Wish has now grossed $126 million worldwide. Taking its reported $200 million production budget into account โ€” not to mention the many more millions that Disney spent on marketing it โ€” the movie still has a long way to go before it can be counted as a success. But stranger things have happened. Wish opened to a little over $30 million in its extended Thanksgiving debut, and registered a hefty drop domestically in its second weekend. But it appears to be making up for it in overseas territories; the film has grossed more than $7 million each in the U.K. and France, and more than $5 million in Germany and China. Wish is yet to open in Italy, Australia, South Korea and Brazil.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

These are early 2000โ€™s numbers for WDAS. But I Iโ€™d argue those movie were more interesting than Wish.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

One question that's teasing my mind is whether Wish (and I guess Strange World) will get a sort of generational reappraisal from all the kids who grow up watching in Disney+ and insist it was done wrong by the box office, in the same way films like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, and Brother Bear have sort of benefitted from its target audience being nostalgic for it. Those 2000s movies are definitely underrepresented by Disney, and Wish has some very clearly delineated issues, but I'd put forth that even the underrated 2000s movies were also flawed in their own way. That's not to say that they DESERVED to flop, per se, but I think if we can imagine a landscape where those movies get more recognition, it's not a stretch to say that hindsight could be kind to Wish. I don't know whether that WILL happen. At least a part of the backlash against Wish has been critics just taking their anger against Disney out on this specific movie, and that could work for or against its path to recovery.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:02 pm One question that's teasing my mind is whether Wish (and I guess Strange World) will get a sort of generational reappraisal from all the kids who grow up watching in Disney+ and insist it was done wrong by the box office, in the same way films like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, and Brother Bear have sort of benefitted from its target audience being nostalgic for it. Those 2000s movies are definitely underrepresented by Disney, and Wish has some very clearly delineated issues, but I'd put forth that even the underrated 2000s movies were also flawed in their own way. That's not to say that they DESERVED to flop, per se, but I think if we can imagine a landscape where those movies get more recognition, it's not a stretch to say that hindsight could be kind to Wish. I don't know whether that WILL happen. At least a part of the backlash against Wish has been critics just taking their anger against Disney out on this specific movie, and that could work for or against its path to recovery.
Hereโ€™s what my best friend has to say about this:

You know my friend, Iโ€™ve come to a realization. As of right now, Wish is truly like Santaโ€™s bell from the ending of The Polar Express. It can only be truly seen and appreciated with the praise and respect it deserves by true Disney Fans๐Ÿ˜Š
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

What really strikes about Wish is how Asha is essentially the first leading heroine (yes, let`s swap the Princess title for once, shall we?) in the post-Revival era who doesn`t start out as a child or a baby in her movie. She`s the first heroine who starts out as an adult and doesn`t start as a kid. Even Merida from Brave and Mirabel from Encanto fell into that same pattern. Which truly is remarkable, due to how Disney has recycled that trope throughout a decade.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

PatrickvD wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:02 pm These are early 2000โ€™s numbers for WDAS. But I Iโ€™d argue those movie were more interesting than Wish.
I agree.
PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:02 pm One question that's teasing my mind is whether Wish (and I guess Strange World) will get a sort of generational reappraisal from all the kids who grow up watching in Disney+ and insist it was done wrong by the box office, in the same way films like Treasure Planet, Atlantis, and Brother Bear have sort of benefitted from its target audience being nostalgic for it. Those 2000s movies are definitely underrepresented by Disney, and Wish has some very clearly delineated issues, but I'd put forth that even the underrated 2000s movies were also flawed in their own way. That's not to say that they DESERVED to flop, per se, but I think if we can imagine a landscape where those movies get more recognition, it's not a stretch to say that hindsight could be kind to Wish. I don't know whether that WILL happen. At least a part of the backlash against Wish has been critics just taking their anger against Disney out on this specific movie, and that could work for or against its path to recovery.
There will always be fans for every movie, even Dinosaur, Home on the Range and Chicken Little have their fans. However, I'd say the difference between Atlantis and Treasure Planet to a movie like Wish is that those movies were unique, Disney Animation has never made movies like these and hasn't made any since. Wish is the most basic and generic movie Disney ever made, what does it have that will make people choose to rewatch this rather than watching Frozen or Tangled again? We need to take into consideration how oversaturated the market is nowadays, there are hundreds of options out there and all the movies are available to everyone, no one is limited to their own collection of VHS or DVDs anymore.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:57 pm Image
Oh goodness, letโ€™s not be cherry-picking here. :milkbuds:

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

But that's apples and oranges. Farerb compared the two 'I Want' songs of the female leads of each film whereas you are comparing the 'I Want' song from Wish to the sidekick song from Hunchback. A more fair comparison would be comparing "A Guy Like You" to "I'm a Star" or "Hellfire" to "This Is the Thanks I Get".
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:20 am But that's apples and oranges.
Which is entirely my point, actually. Iโ€™m just referencing the memes from several years back that compared songs between say, Freddie Mercury and Beyoncรฉ when it never was a fair comparison to begin with.

I could have just as easily left the same โ€œGod Help the Outcastsโ€ lyrics and place the same lyrics I showed for โ€œThis Wishโ€ in order to keep the โ€œI wantโ€ theme, and it still comes off different and far less condescending.

Sometimes vocables work in songs as heard (whether it does or not in Wish is debatable as personal opinion), but they always look ridiculous when written out.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The posters for Wish and Merry Little Batman share a surprisingly similar composition.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Will Barks
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Will Barks »

As a longtime reader and rare poster of this forum, I now have the urge to give my 2 cents here.

I've seen Wish in 3D two weeks ago with my wife in a near empty cinema in Vienna and ... we loved it!
Sure, I lowered all my expectation after reading the reviews and everything posted here, that helped. Also, I listened to the Soundtrack 4-5 times beforehand. I was not a big fan of the music at first, but it grew on me. As an occasional writer for musical theater myself, I still have a few nitpicks concerning the lyrics (emphasis on unimportant words, bland chorusses, imperfect rhymes). Concerning Metzger's score, I think itโ€™s one of the best since 90s Menken!

Regarding the animation: I was very skeptical on the style when seeing the first images of Wish. On the big screen it worked! The flatness combined with occasional ornamental details (gold specs on garments etc) was impressive at times.

That being said, I think this is a film where you shouldn't read too much into it. Yes, there are plot holes, yes, the film could have been so much better with merely a few changes. But if you just lean back and feel like a child again, you can enjoy a simple, magical story.

Somehow Wish reminds me of Sleeping Beauty. There, Walt Disney also experimented with stylization, told a simple, yet magical story and the result flopped at the initial box office. Let's see if Wish will also get some kind of reassessment in future decades.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yay, Will Barks! I loved the film as well, though that doesn't mean I will watch it that much in the future (I stick to traditional fairy tales, and some horror movies, mostly), but I will buy it and will see it more than once again, and it's an interesting tale of how the first fairy godmother came to be. I would not say it is near as beautiful as Sleeping Beauty, but it does have a beauty to it that I like (too bad it wasn't part hand-drawn characters like Paperman, then maybe I would have loved the style!). I do hope others in the future grow to appreciate it like you and me and like happened to Sleeping Beauty.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

My overcomplicated review:
All Disney movies with their characters had something to say, as they demonstrated character growth, showed that most overcome their selfish acts and became better people or change their attitude in every possible way etc (Aladdin thinking he has to impress others, only to learn that he has to be himself, Elsa overcoming her social fear of what everyone might think of her and showing what makes her special, Tiana working day by day only to learn that you also have to enjoy the now and having time for love, Beauty and the Beast learning that its only important whats inside i can go on. All movies should have something to say) 90% of their movies were doing this. Wish is not one of them. Asha Literally stayed the same character from beginning to end and learned nothing meaningful (other than that Magnifico is in the "wrong",but she learned nothing that shaped her as a person). And those movies showed their unique spark in many ways, through story, through character arcs, comedy, the music and more. Again, Wish had nothing outstanding.

And the dozen of Disney references?
Somebody asked why its ok in Enchanted and not in Wish, ok so: Enchanted literally benefitted from the Disney throwbacks, to make it look like "your typical stereotypical Disney movie" Just to surprise everyone by the live Action twist (like in the trailer) Andalasia is the exaggerated Disney place, it pokes fun at how disney fairytales were percieved by the public, with strangers who want to marry the next day, countless animal friends etc and the throwbacks like Giselle calling the angry Man with dwarfism Grumpy also helps to differentiate the nature of Andalasia and Reality: as Giselle states, in Andalasia people are NEVER angry, but Grumpy was the only one known to be angry so she automatically thinks it must be him, while New Yorkers and people in real life are mostly rude (Robert: "welcome to New York") so with the throwbacks it helps to separate the predictable disney tropes (alongside poisened Apple, Giselle starting out as a mix of previous Disney Princesses, True loves kiss, etc) with the unexpected unknown of Reality (but Gabos line "thats why im always grumpy" was ok and still works outside of the disney context). But In Wish, it seems most of the throwbacks seem to be the Highlight of the movie, cause they add nothing to the "story", probably the only thing people will remember out of the movie. I personally enjoyed many of the easter eggs and references, but if you take them away, there is really nothing to enjoy about the movie itself. Like Mooky said a few Pages back, its more of a "greatest Hits compilation".

In Fact, Wish is the movie Andalasia made fun of with its predictable trops lol

Enchanted would be like Wish if it would only take place in Andalasia, only that the satirical Elements make it funny and outstanding giving it its own charm (atleast way funnier than Butt jokes, right Valentino) :P And the unique artstyle based on the breathtaking Art nouveau style (Besides because of this I think Enchanteds Animation is one of Disney BEST ever! And its not even made from the studio!) And even if Wish was 2d animated, it would have changed nothing that the story is boring as hell. I think I remember Home on the Range being 2d too and somehow its still not such a beloved classic i wonder why

And Enchanted is PHENOMENAL in many ways: The first movie with the concept of an Animated/ Live Action World (which benefitted the story of course) and Giselle had her unique character arc of the stereotypical naive princess to the more active and mature woman whos drawn to the complexity of life (something that is now common with most disney princesses but Giselle was one of the first who got the ball rolling), the movie also had this great message that our reality needs this believe of hope and that fairytale endings can occure in reality if we are open to them like Robert. So Enchanted was a love Letter to the hope Disney movies give, while Wish was a love letter to literally Disney references and easter eggs. And dont get me started on the perfect Soundtrack of Enchanted, banger after banger. Each song explains the lore of Andalasia and moves the story forward and more. The movie was something unexpected back then (I mean i was 3 when it came out so I clearly dont speak for audiences that saw it Back then, but the movie is clearly one of its kind and being the first with flipping the Disney formula after Frozen and more) but all Disney movies were offering something new and unexpected, while Wish just benefits from the past, LITERALLY
With its message, I think even Enchanted would have been a more fitting movie for the 100th anniversary.

So Enchanteds mix of Disney tropes was the selling point and the joke here, but what makes it so bad in Wish is that Wish has Rosas and the movie is build as if it has its own unique World and lore, alongside Arendelle, Agrabah, Moutonui, Kumandra and more, but only ends up with references, and i really dont like how it really does seem how Wish is the movie that made Disney movies from the past possible, like Cinderella, Zootopia and more. Asha being the first Fairy godmother, Valentino planning to create Zootopia? Come on... Do they really think all movies exist in the same universe? Imo it really destroys the lore and timelessness of each movie as they all build their own logic and magic that cant be mixed. Should i believe that Zootopia is in the same universe as Aladdin, Raya, Cinderella, Hercules, Snow White and Ralph? I can only see Zootopia alongside Chicken Little (and the Rescuers alongside Basil as both live in the Real human World) and Tangled with Frozen. This was back then the exact reason why they didnt want to create the Disney Princess Franshise. And with the movie trying to explain Disney magic origins,.... its ok that not everything needs to be explained. Its ok to not know how Cinderellas Fairy godmother came to be and more. That ruins the wonder and magical part of those movies in my opinion. If they continue like this they will probably explain that Maui was the one who made the Sun drop in Tangled and what not. No thanks

You can really tell the Team focused on how much references from previous scenes they can put on the movie and let THAT shape the story (boat scene from Tangled, evil spells from SW etc) instead of finding the core and story first.

And in general, YES, believing in your dreams is a great film message, but you also have to FIGHT for them and the road and personal struggle to get to your dreams is what makes it unique, not just fulfilling them. And this Message is established in movies like Cinderella for example. Cinderella hoped for something better, but she also had to endure the abuse of her step family. Her strenghts Shows in Form of her hopeful and positive attitude, as she also doesnt fight back and throws hands at them. She wanted to get to the Ball and her drive for it was shown as she did ALL the work to be allowed to go, so she showed passion and hope, and when her stepfamily Ruins everything last Minute, we really feel the unfairness in her situation, but she gets rewarded for holding on with her hope and optimism as FGM aarrives.
AGAIN, Wish has nothing of that. Asha doesnt mentally or personally struggle to achieve her "mission" because shes doing it for others (not to impress the people of Rosas, to feel worthy, to be remembered, no shes doing it because why not?) and has no own personal Connection to wishes. There is no REAL danger. Asha desperately needed to find a problem so she can be labled as the hero protagonist, yikes.

Alternative storyline
This could have been prevented if Ashas dad would have died recently (like a few months or 1/2 years) and she is struggeling to accept that fact, hoping he would come back any minute or that she should just forget him. Asha is not pleased by Wishes as her Wish of getting the people back from the dead is not possible (like in Aladdin). Asha then grows a pittyness torwards wishes as she sees everyone around her getting their Wishes granted by Magnifico (because its specific materalistic things he can grant and not vague concepts) Asha grieves and instead of singing a non specific song about making Wishes, she sings a song about missing her father and wishing he would come back etc. With this grieve and emotional force, Star comes down etc. So now we can finally have empathy with Asha. And in the conflict between Magnifico and Asha he will offer her that she can forget the hope of her father coming back by taking her wish so she doesnt have to suffer too much , or maybe he could lie and tell her that he can make her father come back in exchange for Star. She gives Star to him and then he throws her in the dungeon or whatever. Then she reflects and sees how her selfishness of getting her wish granted got her into this situation including harming Star. The useless Teens get her out and then she tries to get Star out or whatever. At the end when Magnifico is defeated and Star is freed, it wants to thank Asha by allowing her to grant one unlimited magical wish, and then she says something quirky like no thanks i have everything i could wish for. Happy end. Ok this sucks but I try another plot again now

Did Disney think we automatically sympathyze with Asha more because her dad died? Nope, it worked in other movies because it affected characters as they had no guidance, or were protected even more, or felt more alone or had to survive on their own (Anna feeling more lonely, Elsa having noone for guidance, Tarzan feeling like an outsider as noone is like him, Aladdin having to survive on his own and having no place where he belongs, Cinderella against the world, Simba feeling guilty and running away, Triton forbidding Ariel to go on land, Bambi being forced to eave his childhood behind, Tiana wanting to complete her fathers dream while his death was also useful to show that she should also enjoy every moment as long as she can etc.), With Asha its just something that gets briefly mentioned with no real impact on the character or story. Fixing the story (i tried a bit)
They could have fixed that by making Ashas father die before getting his wish granted, but Magnifico would be generous and would try to grant everyones wish (but like Genie he cant interact with Wishes relating to dead people so Asha couldnt also wish for her father to come back alive) Asha then goes to Magnifico to ask him to grant her dead fathers Wish and Magnifico says he wont because this would be a wasted Wish, as hes already dead. Asha sees that as unfair as she thinks that he couldnt fulfill his wish and almost everyone in Rosas got their Wish granted, so why not him? Asha misses her daddy and cries in the woods and sings a MEANINGFUL song about missing him and wishing he would come back and how she wants to be sure he died satisfied or something. Then Star would be replaced as Ashas dad as the Star (like in the concept art, only that its her dad and not her grandpa). He could be also a younger adult/ late teen naive Version of the dad who can stay in this physical Form for 3 days before the sunset goes down (zreeeeeee days zreeeee) Asha recognizes him as he says some Signature joke or something (that turned into an inside joke between Asha and her dad) and Asha is then trying to make him clear what his wish was (as him being younger he maybe still didnt had the wish and also doesnt know who Asha is, but still believing her to be her daughter as she looks a bit like him and his teenage crush (ashas mother back then)) and trying to convince him to join her to fulfill his dream. (Idk maybe something specific or materalistic). But he isnt interested at all in that and wants to explore Rosas and wants to see Ashas mother. Asha could Start off doubtful with Wishes and bitter of the fact that such Wishes dont get granted but at the end learning that this isnt important in life. Maybe Magnifico could try to use Daddy Star as a Power source and keep in a magic dungeon, but Daddy Star has to get him back to the magical place where he came from (maybe heaven or Starland, afterlifeland). Asha bringing him there makes her more selfless and makes her learn to finally let him go (more frozen references for Disney!).
Now that i think about that, the message is kinda like Soul. And I loved the movie. And its Disney (...pixarrrr) so paying homage to this wont hurt.

He would then say he doesnt care for something specific and knowing what a great daughter Asha turned out to be, he says something beautifully corny that Asha being his daughter is the most meaningful and important Wish he could have ever gotten. Idk what Asha would learn out of this, but its still more emotional than the final thing. Maybe the message being that it isnt important that everyones dream comes true, its more important to enjoy life as long as u can or something (and dont cry because its over, smile because it happened๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“) as this was the priority of Daddy Star. Or that it isnt important to get what you want, but that you find enjoyment along the way and appreciate what you have. Maybe then Asha appreciates being there for her mother more and spending time with her at the end.

And if they really wanted this 100 year thing in the movie, scrap the grandpa and make the movie begin with a big celebration as Rosas was build 100 years ago or something.

MAIN CHARACTER
Asha had no personal conflict with Magnifico or in general for the story. Thats what made her fail as the protagonist, as she could have been replaced with literally EVERY character including the goat, and the "plot" would still work the exact same lol. Even "bland" characters wouldnt be replaceable like Snow White or Aurora as SW is the fairest one who makes the queen jealous and Aurora is specifically the one who gets cursed, so even if they may not actively take Action, everything around them still happens because of them, unlike Asha.
Seeing characters struggle and sacrificing their dreams in order to fulfill their duty and fight for that is what sells the characters and makes you root for them, not that they just HAVE a wish, its the MOTIVES behind the wish which are the selling point.

Asha big dream is worldpeace and justice, and EVERYBODY wants thats unpersonal, this dream doesnt fix her insecurities or change her as they should.

Example: Aladdin wishing to become a prince. Not that complex at first glance. But his motives are what make him so compelling. He expresses how everyone looks down on him, gives him no chance, who therefore just wants to show them all that they are wrong. Then he falls in love with Jasmine and thinks becoming a popular prince is what will make her love him and thinking thats where he belongs, as nobody would ever give "streetrat" Aladdin a chance. Its similar to Shrek in S2. He thinks turning into a human makes him more likeable or acceptable in her world, but Fiona loves him for who he is and they learn to accept themselves as who they are.
In Wish noone really EARNED their wish, they learned nothing and just get it. Its as if Aladdin would have taken his last wish to become an ACTUAL prince like Genie suggests and then Jasmine could have wished him free (wouldnt also be great if Jasmine was the one wishing Al to be royalty as it would make her look selfish as that he has to change to fit into her world). This wouldnt have been as satisfying because this would show that Aladdin would have learned nothing (to stop pretending) and still would have made him look selfish too. So it was beautiful to see that his loyalty to Genie was his biggest priority at last and this good act made him earn the happy end with the Sultan seeing what a selfless and good hearted Person Aladdin is and therefore breaking the law for him to be with Jasmine. Such a great movie!

SIDEKICK
As most here suggested, Valentino was useless. He is a cute Baby goat, but he didnt affect the story or characters in any way. And as annoying as he might seemed, even though he was only a few days old, we had the REAL g.o.a.t Olaf (cringe slang yayyyyyy) who was also just fresh made snow lol. And this hour old snow could affect the story of Frozen in Form of guiding them to Elsa, symbolizing the bond between the sisters, making Anna clear that Kristoff is her true love and I think his jokes still slap ( "Whos the donkey over there? And whos the reindeer?" sassy lol) Valentino was just there. But I guess his Butt finding the secret entrance was helpful i guess (although they could have also used Stars bottom lol)

"VILLAIN"
You can really tell the filmmakers struggled to find motives for Magnifico to be the villain here. So the easiest thing they could do is find a shortcut and make him get magically posessed by the book, so he can be the Big Bad Guy and Asha therefore automatically the hero victim.... He isnt threatening in any meaningful way. Asha really had to dig for a problem so she can "solve" something that wasnt that problematic in the first place. Asha wasnt connected to Magnifico in any personal way. ALL Disney villains were a personal threat to the Heroes goals. Jafar OMG i just realized something the second i wrote Jafar (yes i type before i think). Do u also think Jafar being Aladdins villain was also such a smart move as both started out to want the same thing, Aladdin wanting to prove his true worth to everyone by Starting out through Status (Prince) just like Jafar wanting to show his worth by dethroning the sultan and then becoming a "powerful" genie. Maybe the message of this is to say if Aladdin didnt learn to accept himself as who he is, he could have ended up like Jafar by wanting more and more insatiable respect and Power. I actually wanted to say Jafar being a threat to Aladdin as he knows of his wishing lamp and his true identity, Ariel depending on Ursulas Magic, Gaston being obsessed with Belle, Shan Yu threatening Mulans home etc so the villains clearly have influence over the heroes and their decisions). Magnificos WISHES:
Asha wasnt gonna Lose anything through Magnifico (just the generic Wish of her century old pops to inspire lol). He seemed fine with his life and Asha had good intentions as a whole as it was his 100th birthday and his wish still wasnt granted, but its not a Wish that was really NEEDED in grandpas life, like being disabled and wishing for health or wishing for money due to being poor whatever. It was just more of a "why not?" Wish. So the context of his wish really makes Ashas motivations and Magnifico being in the wrong way more weak. If her grandpa was always paralyzed or whatever, him wishing to get healthy again, then THIS would have made his Wish not being granted look inhuman and Ashas frustration torwards Magnifico valid. Magnificos reason not granting such wishes could be maybe because they dont show how powerful and fun he is (like granting someone long hair or unicorns of becoming a knight or whatever, seems like an attraction or a Performance act) and he magically being limited to only grant a wish per month so he would just grant the biggest and funniest ones (so he can brag with his powers). Then he would have a selfish reason to use (and to stay in his) Power and this would clearly make him unlikeable, instead of just being jelled at by not granting every Single little unnecassary wish. Magnifico didnt really benefit from taking the wishes of people, only to get more powerful, but again, why would he need to get more Powerful? He is already the most powerful person in the kingdom, he just did it so he can be labled as the bad guy.

And I see people in the media complaining "Wish should have been 2d animated" as if that was the main reason the movie flopped lol. The animation wouldnt have changed the fact that the story is boring as hell. And as bland the Animation seems, it really grew on me tbh.
Do you guys know of the sentence "looks attract, but personality keeps you hooked"? This thing is true, can be said about everything, including movies. If a movie has both: JACKPOT, (could be said about Sleeping Beauty, all movies of the Disney Renaissance) makes me wanna go back for the rich story with eyepleasing animation, if a movie only has the looks (Frozen 2) i can just look at Screenshots lol.
Movies are an ESCAPE, to put yourself in the shoes of the protagonist and feel sympathy for them in any way possible. That was the main Intention for Movie Media and Disney seemed to have forgotten that.

The main reason why Wishs development failed so hard was probably because they HAD to get this movie out 2023 for the celebration, so they couldnt invest too much in creating or fixing the story, but again, they had 6 years (started in 2018 i think) like every other movie so they also couldnt reallyyyy have time problems. I dont know. Its hard to find excuses for the movie.
I mean I like Ashas character Design, the Animation style grew a bit on me after time. But thats it. :shrug:

Also I think thats hilarious and accurate lol :lol: https://youtu.be/rpKzI8F2oJU?si=oYzh8P1HPos-Fo_B
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I've been possessed with exactly why it is that Enchanted works better than Wish, and I think your observations start to scratch at why.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:59 am My overcomplicated review:
All Disney movies with their characters had something to say, as they demonstrated character growth, showed that most overcome their selfish acts and became better people or change their attitude in every possible way etc (Aladdin thinking he has to impress others, only to learn that he has to be himself, Elsa overcoming her social fear of what everyone might think of her and showing what makes her special, Tiana working day by day only to learn that you also have to enjoy the now and having time for love, Beauty and the Beast learning that its only important whats inside i can go on. All movies should have something to say) 90% of their movies were doing this. Wish is not one of them. Asha Literally stayed the same character from beginning to end and learned nothing meaningful (other than that Magnifico is in the "wrong",but she learned nothing that shaped her as a person). And those movies showed their unique spark in many ways, through story, through character arcs, comedy, the music and more. Again, Wish had nothing outstanding.

And the dozen of Disney references?
Somebody asked why its ok in Enchanted and not in Wish, ok so: Enchanted literally benefitted from the Disney throwbacks, to make it look like "your typical stereotypical Disney movie" Just to surprise everyone by the live Action twist (like in the trailer) Andalasia is the exaggerated Disney place, it pokes fun at how disney fairytales were percieved by the public, with strangers who want to marry the next day, countless animal friends etc and the throwbacks like Giselle calling the angry Man with dwarfism Grumpy also helps to differentiate the nature of Andalasia and Reality: as Giselle states, in Andalasia people are NEVER angry, but Grumpy was the only one known to be angry so she automatically thinks it must be him, while New Yorkers and people in real life are mostly rude (Robert: "welcome to New York") so with the throwbacks it helps to separate the predictable disney tropes (alongside poisened Apple, Giselle starting out as a mix of previous Disney Princesses, True loves kiss, etc) with the unexpected unknown of Reality (but Gabos line "thats why im always grumpy" was ok and still works outside of the disney context). But In Wish, it seems most of the throwbacks seem to be the Highlight of the movie, cause they add nothing to the "story", probably the only thing people will remember out of the movie. I personally enjoyed many of the easter eggs and references, but if you take them away, there is really nothing to enjoy about the movie itself. Like Mooky said a few Pages back, its more of a "greatest Hits compilation".

In Fact, Wish is the movie Andalasia made fun of with its predictable trops lol

Enchanted would be like Wish if it would only take place in Andalasia, only that the satirical Elements make it funny and outstanding giving it its own charm (atleast way funnier than Butt jokes, right Valentino) :P And the unique artstyle based on the breathtaking Art nouveau style (Besides because of this I think Enchanteds Animation is one of Disney BEST ever! And its not even made from the studio!) And even if Wish was 2d animated, it would have changed nothing that the story is boring as hell. I think I remember Home on the Range being 2d too and somehow its still not such a beloved classic i wonder why

And Enchanted is PHENOMENAL in many ways: The first movie with the concept of an Animated/ Live Action World (which benefitted the story of course) and Giselle had her unique character arc of the stereotypical naive princess to the more active and mature woman whos drawn to the complexity of life (something that is now common with most disney princesses but Giselle was one of the first who got the ball rolling), the movie also had this great message that our reality needs this believe of hope and that fairytale endings can occure in reality if we are open to them like Robert. So Enchanted was a love Letter to the hope Disney movies give, while Wish was a love letter to literally Disney references and easter eggs. And dont get me started on the perfect Soundtrack of Enchanted, banger after banger. Each song explains the lore of Andalasia and moves the story forward and more. The movie was something unexpected back then (I mean i was 3 when it came out so I clearly dont speak for audiences that saw it Back then, but the movie is clearly one of its kind and being the first with flipping the Disney formula after Frozen and more) but all Disney movies were offering something new and unexpected, while Wish just benefits from the past, LITERALLY
With its message, I think even Enchanted would have been a more fitting movie for the 100th anniversary.

So Enchanteds mix of Disney tropes was the selling point and the joke here, but what makes it so bad in Wish is that Wish has Rosas and the movie is build as if it has its own unique World and lore, alongside Arendelle, Agrabah, Moutonui, Kumandra and more, but only ends up with references, and i really dont like how it really does seem how Wish is the movie that made Disney movies from the past possible, like Cinderella, Zootopia and more. Asha being the first Fairy godmother, Valentino planning to create Zootopia? Come on... Do they really think all movies exist in the same universe? Imo it really destroys the lore and timelessness of each movie as they all build their own logic and magic that cant be mixed. Should i believe that Zootopia is in the same universe as Aladdin, Raya, Cinderella, Hercules, Snow White and Ralph? I can only see Zootopia alongside Chicken Little (and the Rescuers alongside Basil as both live in the Real human World) and Tangled with Frozen. This was back then the exact reason why they didnt want to create the Disney Princess Franshise. And with the movie trying to explain Disney magic origins,.... its ok that not everything needs to be explained. Its ok to not know how Cinderellas Fairy godmother came to be and more. That ruins the wonder and magical part of those movies in my opinion. If they continue like this they will probably explain that Maui was the one who made the Sun drop in Tangled and what not. No thanks

You can really tell the Team focused on how much references from previous scenes they can put on the movie and let THAT shape the story (boat scene from Tangled, evil spells from SW etc) instead of finding the core and story first.

And in general, YES, believing in your dreams is a great film message, but you also have to FIGHT for them and the road and personal struggle to get to your dreams is what makes it unique, not just fulfilling them. And this Message is established in movies like Cinderella for example. Cinderella hoped for something better, but she also had to endure the abuse of her step family. Her strenghts Shows in Form of her hopeful and positive attitude, as she also doesnt fight back and throws hands at them. She wanted to get to the Ball and her drive for it was shown as she did ALL the work to be allowed to go, so she showed passion and hope, and when her stepfamily Ruins everything last Minute, we really feel the unfairness in her situation, but she gets rewarded for holding on with her hope and optimism as FGM aarrives.
AGAIN, Wish has nothing of that. Asha doesnt mentally or personally struggle to achieve her "mission" because shes doing it for others (not to impress the people of Rosas, to feel worthy, to be remembered, no shes doing it because why not?) and has no own personal Connection to wishes. There is no REAL danger. Asha desperately needed to find a problem so she can be labled as the hero protagonist, yikes.

Alternative storyline
This could have been prevented if Ashas dad would have died recently (like a few months or 1/2 years) and she is struggeling to accept that fact, hoping he would come back any minute or that she should just forget him. Asha is not pleased by Wishes as her Wish of getting the people back from the dead is not possible (like in Aladdin). Asha then grows a pittyness torwards wishes as she sees everyone around her getting their Wishes granted by Magnifico (because its specific materalistic things he can grant and not vague concepts) Asha grieves and instead of singing a non specific song about making Wishes, she sings a song about missing her father and wishing he would come back etc. With this grieve and emotional force, Star comes down etc. So now we can finally have empathy with Asha. And in the conflict between Magnifico and Asha he will offer her that she can forget the hope of her father coming back by taking her wish so she doesnt have to suffer too much , or maybe he could lie and tell her that he can make her father come back in exchange for Star. She gives Star to him and then he throws her in the dungeon or whatever. Then she reflects and sees how her selfishness of getting her wish granted got her into this situation including harming Star. The useless Teens get her out and then she tries to get Star out or whatever. At the end when Magnifico is defeated and Star is freed, it wants to thank Asha by allowing her to grant one unlimited magical wish, and then she says something quirky like no thanks i have everything i could wish for. Happy end. Ok this sucks but I try another plot again now

Did Disney think we automatically sympathyze with Asha more because her dad died? Nope, it worked in other movies because it affected characters as they had no guidance, or were protected even more, or felt more alone or had to survive on their own (Anna feeling more lonely, Elsa having noone for guidance, Tarzan feeling like an outsider as noone is like him, Aladdin having to survive on his own and having no place where he belongs, Cinderella against the world, Simba feeling guilty and running away, Triton forbidding Ariel to go on land, Bambi being forced to eave his childhood behind, Tiana wanting to complete her fathers dream while his death was also useful to show that she should also enjoy every moment as long as she can etc.), With Asha its just something that gets briefly mentioned with no real impact on the character or story. Fixing the story (i tried a bit)
They could have fixed that by making Ashas father die before getting his wish granted, but Magnifico would be generous and would try to grant everyones wish (but like Genie he cant interact with Wishes relating to dead people so Asha couldnt also wish for her father to come back alive) Asha then goes to Magnifico to ask him to grant her dead fathers Wish and Magnifico says he wont because this would be a wasted Wish, as hes already dead. Asha sees that as unfair as she thinks that he couldnt fulfill his wish and almost everyone in Rosas got their Wish granted, so why not him? Asha misses her daddy and cries in the woods and sings a MEANINGFUL song about missing him and wishing he would come back and how she wants to be sure he died satisfied or something. Then Star would be replaced as Ashas dad as the Star (like in the concept art, only that its her dad and not her grandpa). He could be also a younger adult/ late teen naive Version of the dad who can stay in this physical Form for 3 days before the sunset goes down (zreeeeeee days zreeeee) Asha recognizes him as he says some Signature joke or something (that turned into an inside joke between Asha and her dad) and Asha is then trying to make him clear what his wish was (as him being younger he maybe still didnt had the wish and also doesnt know who Asha is, but still believing her to be her daughter as she looks a bit like him and his teenage crush (ashas mother back then)) and trying to convince him to join her to fulfill his dream. (Idk maybe something specific or materalistic). But he isnt interested at all in that and wants to explore Rosas and wants to see Ashas mother. Asha could Start off doubtful with Wishes and bitter of the fact that such Wishes dont get granted but at the end learning that this isnt important in life. Maybe Magnifico could try to use Daddy Star as a Power source and keep in a magic dungeon, but Daddy Star has to get him back to the magical place where he came from (maybe heaven or Starland, afterlifeland). Asha bringing him there makes her more selfless and makes her learn to finally let him go (more frozen references for Disney!).
Now that i think about that, the message is kinda like Soul. And I loved the movie. And its Disney (...pixarrrr) so paying homage to this wont hurt.

He would then say he doesnt care for something specific and knowing what a great daughter Asha turned out to be, he says something beautifully corny that Asha being his daughter is the most meaningful and important Wish he could have ever gotten. Idk what Asha would learn out of this, but its still more emotional than the final thing. Maybe the message being that it isnt important that everyones dream comes true, its more important to enjoy life as long as u can or something (and dont cry because its over, smile because it happened๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“) as this was the priority of Daddy Star. Or that it isnt important to get what you want, but that you find enjoyment along the way and appreciate what you have. Maybe then Asha appreciates being there for her mother more and spending time with her at the end.

And if they really wanted this 100 year thing in the movie, scrap the grandpa and make the movie begin with a big celebration as Rosas was build 100 years ago or something.

MAIN CHARACTER
Asha had no personal conflict with Magnifico or in general for the story. Thats what made her fail as the protagonist, as she could have been replaced with literally EVERY character including the goat, and the "plot" would still work the exact same lol. Even "bland" characters wouldnt be replaceable like Snow White or Aurora as SW is the fairest one who makes the queen jealous and Aurora is specifically the one who gets cursed, so even if they may not actively take Action, everything around them still happens because of them, unlike Asha.
Seeing characters struggle and sacrificing their dreams in order to fulfill their duty and fight for that is what sells the characters and makes you root for them, not that they just HAVE a wish, its the MOTIVES behind the wish which are the selling point.

Asha big dream is worldpeace and justice, and EVERYBODY wants thats unpersonal, this dream doesnt fix her insecurities or change her as they should.

Example: Aladdin wishing to become a prince. Not that complex at first glance. But his motives are what make him so compelling. He expresses how everyone looks down on him, gives him no chance, who therefore just wants to show them all that they are wrong. Then he falls in love with Jasmine and thinks becoming a popular prince is what will make her love him and thinking thats where he belongs, as nobody would ever give "streetrat" Aladdin a chance. Its similar to Shrek in S2. He thinks turning into a human makes him more likeable or acceptable in her world, but Fiona loves him for who he is and they learn to accept themselves as who they are.
In Wish noone really EARNED their wish, they learned nothing and just get it. Its as if Aladdin would have taken his last wish to become an ACTUAL prince like Genie suggests and then Jasmine could have wished him free (wouldnt also be great if Jasmine was the one wishing Al to be royalty as it would make her look selfish as that he has to change to fit into her world). This wouldnt have been as satisfying because this would show that Aladdin would have learned nothing (to stop pretending) and still would have made him look selfish too. So it was beautiful to see that his loyalty to Genie was his biggest priority at last and this good act made him earn the happy end with the Sultan seeing what a selfless and good hearted Person Aladdin is and therefore breaking the law for him to be with Jasmine. Such a great movie!

SIDEKICK
As most here suggested, Valentino was useless. He is a cute Baby goat, but he didnt affect the story or characters in any way. And as annoying as he might seemed, even though he was only a few days old, we had the REAL g.o.a.t Olaf (cringe slang yayyyyyy) who was also just fresh made snow lol. And this hour old snow could affect the story of Frozen in Form of guiding them to Elsa, symbolizing the bond between the sisters, making Anna clear that Kristoff is her true love and I think his jokes still slap ( "Whos the donkey over there? And whos the reindeer?" sassy lol) Valentino was just there. But I guess his Butt finding the secret entrance was helpful i guess (although they could have also used Stars bottom lol)

"VILLAIN"
You can really tell the filmmakers struggled to find motives for Magnifico to be the villain here. So the easiest thing they could do is find a shortcut and make him get magically posessed by the book, so he can be the Big Bad Guy and Asha therefore automatically the hero victim.... He isnt threatening in any meaningful way. Asha really had to dig for a problem so she can "solve" something that wasnt that problematic in the first place. Asha wasnt connected to Magnifico in any personal way. ALL Disney villains were a personal threat to the Heroes goals. Jafar OMG i just realized something the second i wrote Jafar (yes i type before i think). Do u also think Jafar being Aladdins villain was also such a smart move as both started out to want the same thing, Aladdin wanting to prove his true worth to everyone by Starting out through Status (Prince) just like Jafar wanting to show his worth by dethroning the sultan and then becoming a "powerful" genie. Maybe the message of this is to say if Aladdin didnt learn to accept himself as who he is, he could have ended up like Jafar by wanting more and more insatiable respect and Power. I actually wanted to say Jafar being a threat to Aladdin as he knows of his wishing lamp and his true identity, Ariel depending on Ursulas Magic, Gaston being obsessed with Belle, Shan Yu threatening Mulans home etc so the villains clearly have influence over the heroes and their decisions). Magnificos WISHES:
Asha wasnt gonna Lose anything through Magnifico (just the generic Wish of her century old pops to inspire lol). He seemed fine with his life and Asha had good intentions as a whole as it was his 100th birthday and his wish still wasnt granted, but its not a Wish that was really NEEDED in grandpas life, like being disabled and wishing for health or wishing for money due to being poor whatever. It was just more of a "why not?" Wish. So the context of his wish really makes Ashas motivations and Magnifico being in the wrong way more weak. If her grandpa was always paralyzed or whatever, him wishing to get healthy again, then THIS would have made his Wish not being granted look inhuman and Ashas frustration torwards Magnifico valid. Magnificos reason not granting such wishes could be maybe because they dont show how powerful and fun he is (like granting someone long hair or unicorns of becoming a knight or whatever, seems like an attraction or a Performance act) and he magically being limited to only grant a wish per month so he would just grant the biggest and funniest ones (so he can brag with his powers). Then he would have a selfish reason to use (and to stay in his) Power and this would clearly make him unlikeable, instead of just being jelled at by not granting every Single little unnecassary wish. Magnifico didnt really benefit from taking the wishes of people, only to get more powerful, but again, why would he need to get more Powerful? He is already the most powerful person in the kingdom, he just did it so he can be labled as the bad guy.

And I see people in the media complaining "Wish should have been 2d animated" as if that was the main reason the movie flopped lol. The animation wouldnt have changed the fact that the story is boring as hell. And as bland the Animation seems, it really grew on me tbh.
Do you guys know of the sentence "looks attract, but personality keeps you hooked"? This thing is true, can be said about everything, including movies. If a movie has both: JACKPOT, (could be said about Sleeping Beauty, all movies of the Disney Renaissance) makes me wanna go back for the rich story with eyepleasing animation, if a movie only has the looks (Frozen 2) i can just look at Screenshots lol.
Movies are an ESCAPE, to put yourself in the shoes of the protagonist and feel sympathy for them in any way possible. That was the main Intention for Movie Media and Disney seemed to have forgotten that.

The main reason why Wishs development failed so hard was probably because they HAD to get this movie out 2023 for the celebration, so they couldnt invest too much in creating or fixing the story, but again, they had 6 years (started in 2018 i think) like every other movie so they also couldnt reallyyyy have time problems. I dont know. Its hard to find excuses for the movie.
I mean I like Ashas character Design, the Animation style grew a bit on me after time. But thats it. :shrug:

Also I think thats hilarious and accurate lol :lol: https://youtu.be/rpKzI8F2oJU?si=oYzh8P1HPos-Fo_B
May I just point out how like a lot of other people, you are unfortunately very misguided and are overlooking a lot of things with this.

First of all, Asha Does indeed change. She goes from being insecure and stuck in the Societal role that sheโ€™s given, Hoping to change that by becoming magnificoes apprentice and therefore attempting to find change overall not only for her but for the kingdom in order to make a difference like she implies at the beginning. What she doesnโ€™t expect though is to truly grow into a confident and competent person, not necessarily A leader, but her own/better self overall. It is a lot more subtle and not as direct as some of the examples you stated, But it is still there, as we can see that with how she acts and comes off at the beginning of the movie only to grow into that and find her footing as the story goes along. For better or for worse, thatโ€™s just the nature of a lot of Disney movies nowadays and how they handle their protagonists, not to mention other studios as well, as they had to get with the times, even with something that pays homage/celebrate the 100th anniversary. Even if there is a need for change, that doesnโ€™t mean that this canโ€™t work well enough within context here.

The movie does work as itโ€™s own thing, and does not emphasize Or prioritize references and Easter eggs. Whenever you see them, they are not that in your face or obvious. Enchanted, while itโ€™s still works very well enough on its own, does feel way more in your face and more like a parody, And Easter egg fest more so than wish here which feels way more genuine. Yes, itโ€™s overall value is the fact that it is the movie to celebrate 100 years of Disney, but that does not mean again that it still doesnโ€™t work itโ€™s all the way and still will hold up even at a distance from this timing. It does have Interesting concepts and characters and the way that they present the characters, which are still relatable and are even of their own thing; I mean how many other characters directly reminds you of Dahlia? Even Simon to me stands out. Even star with the very Mario esque design Still feels like itโ€™s own thing, and It wouldโ€™ve been a very big mistake if they had made him a love interest instead of an actual star (Stardust anyone? Youโ€™re accusing wish of not actually being its own thing, and get it they went this way, it wouldโ€™ve been even more unoriginal, and not really something that fits kind of thing that Disney would do). And the fact that you find it โ€œa boring storyโ€œ is showing how truly bias you are. Because a lot of other people can say similar things about any other movie or story, be a Disney or not, itโ€™s all in the eye of beholder and you need to look at it more objectively, like you claim to be doing, but youโ€™re really not.

And with your assessment on this movie being connected to the rest of Disney per all the references, while itโ€™s not explicitly meant to be that, and they make it quite clear whatโ€™s the logic of how that would work? Like I always say, if you truly look close enough, the problem can always be the solution in or lead you to it no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem. And your criticisms here or exactly what prove it. Thereโ€™s nothing in the movie that directly indicates that this is specifically meant to be directly connected to all of Disney, and the references are meant to be love letters and just that, references.If anything, enchanted actually feels more like itโ€™s meant to specifically be directly connected with your example of grumpy etc. but either way, if it can work with itโ€™s homages And references, then why canโ€™t wish work here, regardless of everything else that enchanted has done with it?

A lot of people are seriously overthinking magnifico. The whole thing with him is that he supposed to grant wishes and not have people suffer or have to go through the kinds of hard work that he had to go through, because he has the power to do so. With the people being in the kingdom in the way that they are, they have no reason To wish upon which is the people are pointing out could be problematic, especially when you consider the very nature of them for getting the wish when they give it to him. Once again, if you Truly look close enough, the problem always presents the solution in some kind of way, no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem.And thatโ€™s what the movie is really all about, not relying on others (at least explicitly) to accomplish what you truly want to let alone who you truly are. Thatโ€™s what the tagline truly means: Be careful what you wish for. Because you may lose yourself by actually wishing for it, when you actually couldโ€™ve done it all yourself, Let alone in contrast to the saying, not actually get it which is what the grandfather represents. Again, you can fold the movie for being too subtle and perhaps not that clear, but thatโ€™s just the state of movies and storytelling that we are currently in. The big thing is that they donโ€™t want to be too typical or predictable, because other movies have done These kinds of things, only to not work out. If it werenโ€™t for this kind of thinking, we will not have monsters university the way that it is, which many of you have pointed out is quite the stand out and underrated and greet because they deliberately avoided it being typical and predictable. Itโ€™s the same principle here, again for better or for worse, but it doesnโ€™t mean that it canโ€™t work out here even if itโ€™s not completely satisfying to some, because thatโ€™s how literally everything in life always truly will be, no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem.

Youโ€™re finding of the pitch video of Wish being hilarious once again only truly proves how bias you are and leading your hatred and negativity control and indicate how you feel. It also further confirms that people regardless of how they genuinely feel or letting themselves to be influenced by the maturity because they believe that they Disagree with them, then they are wrong and there is something wrong with them, Again regardless of any personal or analytical thoughts and actions theyโ€™ve done regarding this. Your course allowed not to like the movie and think the way you do about it, but please be considerable as to how and why do you think the way you do, in case youโ€™re misguided and or are over thinking it. Because it does become clear when you and others are doing it, no matter what no matter how otherwise it may seem.

Itโ€™s like my best friend has said about this: You know my friend, Iโ€™ve come to a realization. As of right now, Wish is truly like Santaโ€™s bell from the ending of The Polar Express. It can only be truly seen and appreciated with the praise and respect it deserves by true Disney Fans๐Ÿ˜Š
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Just heard for the first time the song This Wish performed at the Christmas Parade telecast on ABC..... absolutely dreadful. Completely unmemorable. ๐Ÿ‘Ž