Disney's worst DVDs

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Pick A Year, lets say 2006 and all it YEAR A

Then pick another year, let's say 2000 and call it YEAR B

This gives the formula

LA ((DVD >=YEAR A) & (OTR <= YEAR B)) = CDD

Where LA = Live Action Feature, DVD = DVD Release Year, OTR = Original Theatrical Release Year and CDD = Crap Disney DVD.

In other words: Disney doesn't care about their history. The same formula, with minor alterations can be applied to Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures DVD releases too.

With Animated Classics, the formula is more complex, as years don't enter for formula. Instead it involves the following boolean variables: PLAT (Platinum release), PST (Pointless Set-Top Games), CGI(Computer Graphics Imaging), SM(Soccer Mom), PIX (Pixar), IST (Insight)

!((CGI & PIX) | PLAT) (PST & SM) = CDD - IST

If not a Pixar CGI Film and not a platinum then the DVD includes pointless set-top games, appeals to Soccer Mom's and equals a crap Disney DVD with no insight into the movie.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
katielb

Post by katielb »

DisneyFreak5282 wrote:Hunchback Of Notre Dame DVD really stinks too!
GoofyGoofyGoofy wrote:A Goofy Movie, without a doubt.
Aww, really? I was looking forward to getting these two.
Razor Roman

Post by Razor Roman »

I will not mention any titles that have better re-releases.

1. Pinocchio - this movie should have some extras! Hopefully the BD will rectify it.

2. Hercules - non-Anamorphic Widescreen. This should have been corrected for the Gold Collection, but it didn't - that's why I still have the Limited Issue edition in my collection.

3. The Black Couldron - same deal... letterboxed, non anamorphic. Poor transfer. I'd like to see the original cut before Katzenberg edited it. Perhaps present both editions via Seemless Branching. Would love to hear commentary on it from the guys who worked on it, too.

4. Dick Tracy - can't even find it to review it. I want a BluRay badly!