Indiana Jones OR Star Wars DVDs?

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

chaychay102royal wrote:Lazario, I think, knows that.
And just what is that supposed to mean?
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

Lazario wrote:
chaychay102royal wrote:Lazario, I think, knows that.
And just what is that supposed to mean?
I was saying that I think you know that it's the movie that counts. The only reason why I added "I think" was because you never actually said "the movie is what is important." I've heard isidour basically say that and I know I've said it and still firmly believe it. It's the inside that counts. :D
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

that´s soo sad, because they could save many bucks buying just the slipcases and asking for the slipcovers at the Disney line
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

I can see the future. . .

It's the year 2076, where die-hard antique dealers attempt to sell the rare first edition release of the Bambi DVD, a format now considered obsolete but still avidly collected by Disney fans. A mint copy including the slipcover will cost you about 3,111,530,342 earth units, or roughly about $760,000,000 (keeping in mind the inflation). Without a slip cover, it's worth approximately 62 cents.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Isidour wrote:that´s soo sad, because they could save many bucks buying just the slipcases and asking for the slipcovers at the Disney line
Thank you! I don't know how many threads I've said that on! Right on!
- John
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Sunset Girl wrote:I can see the future. . .A mint copy including the slipcover will cost you about 3,111,530,342 earth units, or roughly about $760,000,000 (keeping in mind the inflation). Without a slip cover, it's worth approximately 62 cents.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's LOL of the DAY!
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Sunset Girl wrote:I can see the future. . .

It's the year 2076, where die-hard antique dealers attempt to sell the rare first edition release of the Bambi DVD, a format now considered obsolete but still avidly collected by Disney fans. A mint copy including the slipcover will cost you about 3,111,530,342 earth units, or roughly about $760,000,000 (keeping in mind the inflation). Without a slip cover, it's worth approximately 62 cents.
:lol: I'll be a little old lady, about eighty-five years old, shaking my cane and going "I remember when I was thirteen years old...none of my friends knew about slipcovers, but I did and I hated 'em! My friend and I rose to the occasion and told everyone that slipcovers would destroy the video industry, but nobody believed us and now look at what's happened!"
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

chaychay102royal wrote::lol: I'll be a little old lady, about eighty-five years old, shaking my cane and going "I remember when I was thirteen years old...none of my friends knew about slipcovers, but I did and I hated 'em! My friend and I rose to the occasion and told everyone that slipcovers would destroy the video industry, but nobody believed us and now look at what's happened!"
Heh heh, you'd be beaten down so fast by the youngins who were raised to love and adore slipcovers. :lol:
- John
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

In the year 2076 this site will probably be down.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

MickeyMousePal wrote:In the year 2076 this site will probably be down.
No, Luke will probably, for some reason, be the same age he is now and have this site running forever. Only then, the site will only be about slipcovers.
- John
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Yeah, it will. Luke would be dead, and his heir wouldn't want to pay the bill because of all the bandwith we use. They'd finally lose their patience and shut this thing down.

But the faithful will still live on. James, Timon, myself and all the other survivors (pun intended)will have annual reunions remembering the good old days when we'd spend hours laughing at the people obsessed with slipcovers. When any lawsuit was big news. When a death at Disney World was treated like a national tragedy.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

chaychay102royal wrote:When any lawsuit was big news. When a death at Disney World was treated like a national tragedy.
Uh, yeah. The good old days. :lol:
- John
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Pasta67 wrote:
No, Luke will probably, for some reason, be the same age he is now and have this site running forever. Only then, the site will only be about slipcovers.
It's impossible to stay the same age, Pasta. I know you were joking but Luke would be like 105 or older (unless he's younger than I thought). Plus, Luke doesn't get the obsession over slipcovers so if the site goes down to that level, he probably would shut it down. You'd be about eighty-seven (my math's a little off), Timon and myself will be about eighty-five and maybe a few other teenagers would still be around. But a lot of people that post on the forum every day would be dead by then.
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Pasta67 wrote:
chaychay102royal wrote:When any lawsuit was big news. When a death at Disney World was treated like a national tragedy.
Uh, yeah. The good old days. :lol:
Well, looking at the world today, it will probably be a hundred times worse and so a lawsuit and a death at Mission: Space (which no one would remember because it was shut down fifty years earlier)would seem like almost happy events.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

chaychay102royal wrote:
Pasta67 wrote: No, Luke will probably, for some reason, be the same age he is now and have this site running forever. Only then, the site will only be about slipcovers.
It's impossible to stay the same age, Pasta. I know you were joking but Luke would be like 105 or older (unless he's younger than I thought). Plus, Luke doesn't get the obsession over slipcovers so if the site goes down to that level, he probably would shut it down. You'd be about eighty-seven (my math's a little off), Timon and myself will be about eighty-five and maybe a few other teenagers would still be around. But a lot of people that post on the forum every day would be dead by then.
Yeah. I was just joking around that Luke would, for some reason, have some special power in the future to stay young. I don't know...........................I'm tired.
- John
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Oh brother... :roll:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Nah, it'll still be around, and we'll still be going on and on about slipcovers and whether or not "Tarzan MMXIV: the Embryo Days" sucks.

And I'll be looking back upon my days as Sunset Girl, still worshipping at my Disney DVD Shrine (with added lenticular stereotronic holographic film microchips), wondering if it was really a wise choice to legally change my name to Arielhontas Cinderbelle Jasminala since it makes all the old guys in the nursing home think I used to be a stripper.

Oh, and what's with this tattoo on my forehead, you ask? Oh, that's right, you don't remember Stitch anymore, do you? Dang these new-fangled cartoons, you don't even know what real characters are!

Now where's my hearing aid. . .
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

This conversation turned really weird!
Lazario, I must stand against that rude statment of yours! :P I've recently become a Star Wars fan and trust me, I don't plan on making a home made lightsaber of any kind or to name my future boy Luke Skywalker! :D
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

And we all be able to discuss when it will be released The Great Mouse Dtective II :lol:
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Get Star Wars! There is no such thing as a movie better than Star Wars. Yes I'm a huge Star Wars fan and what Lazario said was a sin! As for Indiana Jones, get that some time soon, but get Star Wars first since it's more expensive! As for that set coming out I don't think it'll be a huge improvement from the box set that's all ready out as it claims to be!