Do you like the title "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.

Do you like the title "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith"?

Yes
65%
No
8%
I don't care
27%

Total votes: 26

MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Do you like the title "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Do you like the title "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith"?

Just vote:

Yes
No
I don't care.

I would vote for yes!!! It's a great title!!!!
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Swiss
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Swiss »

Yes I do. I can't wait for the DVD Nov '05.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

#3 please.

Lost interesting in Star Wars shortly after the Phantom Menance, and after the countless butcherings Lucas performed on the original.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Yes, I do. But I'm worried it will be like the last two titles- no one will know just who is and isn't Sith, and the Revenge will never occur.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I like it quite a bit and think it's the best of the prequel titles, IMO. Like Aaron said, the previous titles have been fairly general/obscure and weren't specific or clear enough to represent their films.
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

A friend of mine when he heard the title said "And Lucas one month before the premiere will change it to Return of the Sith" :lol:
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I like it, it ties the prequel titles together perfectly, but I won't go into how, because it's been explained by other posters a million times.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

awallaceunc wrote:Yes, I do. But I'm worried it will be like the last two titles- no one will know just who is and isn't Sith, and the Revenge will never occur.

-Aaron
I love the title!

To Aaron,

(Some of this may be considered sort of spoilerish but is pretty well known among SW fans) The Sith are the bad guys. There are the Jedi and there are Dark Jedi, the Sith are a sect of Dark Jedi who are more evil and more powerful. There are only two Sith, a master and an apprentice. The Sith characters are Darth Sidious (who is Senator/Chancellor Palpatine aka the Emperor), Darth Maul, Darth Tyrannus (aka Count Dooku) and Darth Vader (aka Anakin Skywalker.)

The revenge will occur on the Jedi for destroying the Sith a millenia ago. You see at one time there was an entire race of beings known as the Sith. After much in-fighting and treachery, their numbers dwindled and the remaining members were killed by the Jedi. A lone Sith known as Darth Bane decided to keep the Sith alive and restructured it so that there were to only be two at a time to prevent what happened before. They have been plotting to end the Jedi order and to rule the galaxy themselves. So you see they will achieve their revenge, if they didn't there wouldn't be an Empire or episodes 4, 5, and 6.
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I like the title. It is a very logical one and the one I was hoping would be picked from all the rumored titles I heard.

Even before Episode I came out I knew that it and Episode II would be mere stepping stones to Episode III, which I consider to be the real thing and from everything I can tell it is shaping up to be quite good. If it turns out to be bad then maybe it's okay if people ignore it because they were turned off by Episodes I and II, but if it turns out to be as good as it looks like it will be then that will be sad if people don't see it because they were turned off by Episodes I and II.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

:lol: Maerj- thanks, but I know all that. I was sort of making fun of the first two titles, because The Phantom Menace built up a mysterious villain that wasn't fully capitalized on, imo, leaving many wondering just who was the phantom menace, and why was he called that? The second was called Attack of the Clones, but the actual attack never occured in the movie.

So that's why I was saying that like the Phantom Menace, there will probably be ambiguity over just who was the Sith lord in this movie, and like Attack of the Clones, the revenge will never actually occur... until Cartoon Network steps up to the plate! :lol:

I was just joking, though. :wink:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

awallaceunc wrote::lol: Maerj- thanks, but I know all that. I was sort of making fun of the first two titles, because The Phantom Menace built up a mysterious villain that wasn't fully capitalized on, imo, leaving many wondering just who was the phantom menace, and why was he called that? The second was called Attack of the Clones, but the actual attack never occured in the movie.

-Aaron
Ah, okay. However, the menace in Episode I was unseen by the cast but known by the audience to be Palpatine, so he remained the 'Phantom Menace.' Also, the clones did attack in Episode II at the end. The movie wasn't called the Clone Wars since it only showed the first battle of them.

Of course not everyone picked up on all this, but what can you do? Do you remember the soda cans with the characters on them? Well I talked with a woman who didn't know they were advertising anything. she saw young Anakin and thought he was a lost child. I told her they only do that on milk cartons, not Pepsi cans. Sheesh! :lol:
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

:lol: THAT's funny.

And I know, it all made sense technically. My problem with the titles is just that I thought it really built up expectations for something that wasn't really the focus. That's probably not fair to the movie, though.

However, I'm not a sequel basher. Aside from the titles and Jar Jar Binks, I absolutely love them. I know it's supposed to be physically impossible to enjoy all 5 current SW movies, but hey, I do!

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I like them all. Each one has its own faults but none of their faults are bad enough to kill me enjoying each and every one of them.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

awallaceunc wrote::lol: THAT's funny.

And I know, it all made sense technically. My problem with the titles is just that I thought it really built up expectations for something that wasn't really the focus. That's probably not fair to the movie, though.

However, I'm not a sequel basher. Aside from the titles and Jar Jar Binks, I absolutely love them. I know it's supposed to be physically impossible to enjoy all 5 current SW movies, but hey, I do!

-Aaron
I love em all too, believe me! I didn't have a problem with Jar Jar, he was a cute character and was virtually non-existent in the second film, so its no big deal to me.

I recall taking in one screening of Episode I with my buddy, Chris. We were sitting there and there was a young kid, maybe 6 years old, sitting there with his parents. When the Pod Race came up, the kid ws so excited he could barely sit in his seat. He giggled at Jar Jar's antics and had a great time. It was really cool and reminded me of myself watching the original movie back when it came out. Anyway, at one point the kid was getting a little loud, during the race he sort of jumped and said "Go Anakin!" and Chris was ready to tell the kid to shut up. I stopped him and told him that the movie was really more for that kid than it is for us and not to stop the kid from having a good time. After seeing that, I can't really bash Jar Jar or anything like that. Who am I to take some kid's fun away, right? As an adult I can turn a blind eye to things that may not have been created with my age group in mind and can still enjoy the talent and imagination put into the film.

Besisdes, Chris usually ends up talking through movies more than anyone else in the theater!
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

^Really well put, Maerj. Sums up my feelings on Jar-Jar as well. And for those who let the pesky Gungan ruin their enjoyment of the new movies, well, it sucks to be them, I think. They're missing out on a very interesting plot and many fun moments, IMO.

For the record, I think Revenge of the Sith is a good title. I could nit-pick and say there was already an "of the" title in the prequel trilogy, but then I would sound like a little nerdling wouldn't I? :P
charger41

Post by charger41 »

I voted yes on the poll. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is a good title because it is what the movie's about.