Spider-Man 2

All topics on all things Marvel.
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Spider-Man 2

Post by DDMAN26 »

Everytime I see a preview of this I think "wow it maybe better than the first one." I am very excited to see this.
Most Anticpated: Watchmen Terminator Salvation Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I can't wait to see Spider-Man 2!!!
I really liked the first Spider-Man movie since I'm a Spider-man fan from the 1990's. I have a coupon to see Spider-Man 2 free maybe on the same day I might watch Shrek 2 also.
Spider -Man faces Doctor Octopus and an appearance of the Lizard not too sure about The Lizard being in the film.
I really hope Spider-Man 3 is about Vemon and Carnage!!! Or at least the Black Costume that makes Spider-Man stronger and powerful in the comic’s books.
This movie will beat Shrek 2 record at the box office!!! :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

It's supposed to be better than the first like X2 was to X-Men. Moriarty at AICN posted THE first review of Spider-man 2: http://aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=17745 I'm sad they didn't keep the title "The Amazing Spider-Man", cause Spider-Man 2 is just soooo dull. Can't wait to see this!
My Blog

- Paul
Ludwig Von Drake
Special Edition

Post by Ludwig Von Drake »

I enjoyed the X-men dualgy better than the Spiderman ones so far. Though I probabbly can't explain why. I will definetly see Spiderman 2, though I enjoyed the animated tv show much more.
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

Yes, I totally agree, this sequel seems to have a stronger and more intriguing plot than the original. I'll definitely watch it. I hope it beats Shrek 2 in the box office too, because that green ogre is getting way too much attention. :x
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

Early buzz on "Spider-man 2" on all of the comics fan-related web-sites from those who've already somehow managed to see it is that it IS better than the original!! I'm trying to steer clear of those commentaries as much as possible since people love to post "spoilers." The trailer I saw for it before a screening of "Shrek 2" kind of made me feel that it was going to be better! I'm psyched!! :D
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Spider-Man 2

Post by Sulley »

I went to the midnight show last night and I must say I thought it was absolutely fantastic! The most enjoyable movie I've seen this summer, and I will definitely see it again! The action is spectacular and I felt my jaw dropping during several scenes, which happens scarcely at the movies nowadays. I encourage everyone to see it! Can't wait for Spider-Man 3 in 2007!!!
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Saw it this morning and was a bit dissapointed, although I did like it quite a bit. After all the glowing reviews from fans/critics, I guess I expected it to completely outdo the first, but IMO, I don't think it did.

The storyline itself is way better, but what causes me to view the first film as superior is that it had a much better balance between dialogue and action. Spidey 2 is very, very dialogue based, and gets slow many times. Action is few and far between. Plus, much of the humor came off as either awkward or a self-parody. Everything else was great, but for me, pacing is one of the most important aspects of a movie.

Still, all in all, a wonderful continuation of the first. Lots to love about it for readers of the comic-book.
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DDMAN26 »

AAAHHHHHH!!!! I can't go until next week. I want to see this so bad right now.
Most Anticpated: Watchmen Terminator Salvation Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Yuki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Yuki »

I saw this movie recently, and I was amazed. With the villian especially, the villian was much better than the Green Goblin in my opinion. Much more advanced, and doesn't seem quite as...'comic booky'.
It was a very enjoyable movie, probably just about as good as the first one!
Homer: Marge, I'm bored
Marge: Why don't you read something?
Homer: Because I'm trying to reduce my boredom

“Who cares about what's on the disc? I think Disney Guru's concern with the cover artwork is the most important thing.”
~Luke
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I also saw the midnight show and almost peed my pants. THIS FILM RULES!!!! Acting, effects, dialogue, pacing, humor, everything was perfect! I loved it and it is the first film this summer that I've comitted myself to seeing it three times.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Ballzo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ballzo »

I tend to be very critical of comic book movies for I am an avid reader and always have been. This film was a very good sequel with many references to the first film. The Alex Ross recaps of the first film during the opening credits were fantastic. I also love what they did with Doc Ock, they made him much more badass than he ever was in the books. Alfred Molina did a fantastic job with that character. Without giving away any spoilers I love how they set up the 3rd movie in the end, straight from the books. It was definately worth the wait.
Hi-diddle-dee-dee An actor's life for me
A high silk hat and a silver cane
A watch of gold with a diamond chain
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Contains Spoilers!!!!!!!

I went to see Spider-Man 2 at a Regal Theater and the movie blew me away. I really liked Spider-Man 2 way better then the first Spider-Man movie. Bring on Spider-Man 3 and Spider-Man 4!!!!! Tobey Maguire does an excellent job with Spider-Man and Peter Parker as does Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson. Spider-Man 2 was way better then the comic books and the animated series!!!! :)
I really liked the character of Doctor Ock and Alfred Molina played the character extremely well. The movie is pure action, adventure and romantics. :roll: I really don't want to give away any spoilers but Mary Jane gets Peter Parker to fall in live with him. Mary Jane, Doc Ock, Harry Osborn and other found out that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Mary Jane almost got married with John Jameson (the father of Peter Parkers boss).
J. Jonah Jameson played by J.K. Simmons does a tremendous job to keep his character like in the comic books. Doc Ock wasn't really evil the tentacles just controlled him to be evil due to some malfunction in his invention that he created and Doc Ock dies at the end of the movie to save the world from destruction.
Also Spider-Man powers were fading away because he was thinking about Mary Jane too much. Also Harry Osborn will follow his father footsteps to destroy Spider-Man for revenge as Green Goblin II also I predict that John Jameson will be either Venom or Carnage in the up coming Spider-Man films. :roll:

To end my comments I really liked Spider-Man 2 and can't wait for the DVD to come soon in 8 months or sooner. If you are a Spider-Man fan or a comic book fan this movie is for you. I saw it on the first day it open at 7:30 p.m. hey I go to summer school. The line wasn't that long but I had to wait 40 minutes to get in the theater.
Until next time when I see Spider-Man 3 in 2007 adventure on Spider-Man!!!! :D

Fox Sunday lineup:

Living in the 1980's:
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

I just got back from seeing this film, and must comment that it was a very well made film! This movie passes soo quickly - it might have been because of the person I was seeing it with, or maybe it was actually the movie. In either case, I was very pleased with it. A lot of the stuff i wanted to see happened. I won't say them, but it was really good knowing what I thought was right happened...

Though, I for some reason prefer the first over the second - not to say that the second isn't good. I dunno, I might change my time during time progressions..
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

I think Spider-Man 2 was awesome. It's better than the first.

Highlight to read:
<spoiler>It's fun to know that the next film's villain is The Green Goblin II a.k.a. Harry Osborn.<spoiler>
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

I just saw it this afternoon and was impressed. I like it a lot better than the first one (the train scene was AWESOME) because it not only showed a superhero in action, it showed more of what else he had to deal with and shuffle around in his life. I guess that may have killed the superhero dream for little kids, but still it showed more reality in a fantasy movie.

Possible spoiler: I was wondering what the heck the blonde girl's (in his apartment building) purpose was besides giving him the message from Mary Jane. It was obvious she had a crush on him, but she didn't do much in the movie besides give the message.

Though I had trouble paying attention b/c some parts were slow and I lost my cellphone right b4 the previews started and all I could think about was that someone might accidentally step on it! It turned out it was only 5 inches away from my foot the whole time and didn't slide down the floor b/c it was stopped behind a seat leg. :lol: Not only that but there were some obnoxious teenagers in the packed theatre who overacted crying and shouting out random things while his friends laughed. :x Very annoying!
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Ballzo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ballzo »

Here are the odds of the villians that will most likely appear in the next Spidey flick...

The Lizard 3:1(Dr. Connors made several apperances in the film with several shots blatantly showing his one arm. Which is the reason he turns into the Lizard in the first place)

Hobgoblin 2:1 (Yes I know in the books that Harry becomes another Green Goblin but for the sake of the movie they will want to do somthing new and fresh. So Harry will be doing a few modifications to the suit and equipment)

Werewolf By Night 20:1 ( This is the monster that John Jameson has been for all of these years. But I highly doubt that we will see WBN ever or John Jameson again for the next installment
Hi-diddle-dee-dee An actor's life for me
A high silk hat and a silver cane
A watch of gold with a diamond chain
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Ballzo wrote:The Lizard 3:1(Dr. Connors made several apperances in the film with several shots blatantly showing his one arm. Which is the reason he turns into the Lizard in the first place)
From what I understand, odds are he will be featured heavily in the next film. I'd like to see him or Scorpion.

Anyhoo, I saw the film tonight and was very impressed. There were a few things I didn't like about the first one, which were largely out of this one. Very Raimi in parts ('tentacle cam', for example), with a very off the wall sense of humour to it.

Doc Ock makes a terrific on screen villain, and Molina does an excellent job portraying him. Perhaps it is that he is a more interesting character, or you believe in his motivations more, but the dynamic with Spidey in this was far better than that with the Goblin. And the smack-downs were pretty awesome too :)

Overall, I felt far more 'satisfied' with this one. I was expecting a fair bit, and it really delivered more of the comic book version of Spidey than a separate 'movie entity'. At the same time, it manages to create its own little world.

And there are so many threads for a sequel, it has to be good. Easily one of the better adaptations.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Good thing I'm on vacation to Disney world- If I had stayed in the UK, I'd have to wait until July 16. That's when the us gets I, Robot and we don't get that until August 6. Ugh gotta love a four week vacation.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I also think that Vemon or Carnage might have a chance to appear in Spider-Man 2 and the character could be no other then John Jameson.
Also Green Goblin and Shocker would be great characters for the third film.

Fox Sunday lineup:

Living in the 1980's: