What Quality Does Disney Golden Age (1937-1966) Have Over the Disney's Renassiance Movie (1989-1999)?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

What Quality Does Disney Golden Age (1937-1966) Have Over the Disney's Renassiance Movie (1989-1999)?

Post by reee9948 »

Disney Renaissance movie have great story telling and music, but what qualities do you think the Disney Golden Age movies have that the Disney Renaissance doesn't?
friendoftheotherside

Re: What Quality Does Disney Golden Age (1937-1966) Have Over the Disney's Renassiance Movie (1989-1999)?

Post by friendoftheotherside »

reee9948 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:25 pm Disney Renaissance movie have great story telling and music, but what qualities do you think the Disney Golden Age movies have that the Disney Renaissance doesn't?
That’s a great question and I would have to say the art style. Even though I love how the Renaissance movies look, I think that the movies from the Golden Age are very special in that way. The early movies have such breathtaking backgrounds made with watercolors. Sleeping Beauty is a visual masterpiece. Each frame looks like a painting. The square trees are just genius! And although Walt Disney didn’t like the final design, 101 Dalmatians and the other movies that were made with the xerox technique had a very unique feel. I really like how you can see the animation lines and all, it’s so “imperfect”, but at the same time, so artsy.