The Enchanters (Book Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Enchanters (Book Series)

Post by Sotiris »

How did a human girl become a fairy godmother? Godmothers are made, not born. Discover the untold origins of one of Disneyโ€™s beloved magic makers. The first volume in The Enchanters series from the New York Times best-selling author of A Twisted Tale and Fairy Tale Reform School features a deluxe trim size and beautiful painted edges! Future books will explore the untold stories of Tinker Bell, the Genie (written by New York Times best-selling author Sarwat Chadda), and Hercules' Three Fates.

Before she created carriages out of pumpkins, fashioned gowns out of thin air, and conjured one-of-a-kind glass slippers, Cinderellaโ€™s Fairy Godmother was a spirited sixteen-year-old named Renรฉe Dubois. But how did a human girl become a fairy godmother? A young governess with a tragic past, Renรฉe is determined to prove that fairies are real. Yet when her young cousin follows her into the woods one night and is caught in mortal peril, Renรฉe has no choice but to offer herself in his place. Just when she thinks this is the end, sheโ€™s saved by a mysterious duo who take Renรฉe under their wings, and she is brought into the world of the Fรฉe. So begins a life Renรฉe hadnโ€™t dared to dream of. Studying magic, forging friendships, and stumbling upon an unlikely romance, Renรฉe is on an exciting path. But this new path is not without its own challenges. Renรฉe longs to return to the mortal realm with the coveted title of godmother, a dream that seems just out of reach. And her tireless empathy, as well as her boundless determination might be just what she needs to become the Fairy Godmother the world will come to know.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Enchanters-Fairy ... 1368089585
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Re: The Enchanters (Book Series)

Post by Sotiris »

So, is Renรฉe Dubois now the official name of Cinderella's fairy godmother or...? :scratch:
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Thats such a fantastic idea because I always needed to know how the Fairygodmother came to be :dance:ย  :biting:
Also I DESPERATELY need to know what Abu was doing before he met Aladdin, who created the magic spirits in Frozen 2, who created the creator of the magic spirits, why Maurice is an inventor, what the Beast specifically said (like quotes) that upset the witch, how the witch from BatB got her powers in the first place, and who gave her her powers, why Eric could understand Sebastian in "Kiss the Girl", does this mean Eric could understand the sea creatures because he was also a merman but turned into a human like Ariel but couldnt remember???? :oย  :oย  :shock:ย  Oh my im going to faint those questions are too beautiful and important for society blah blah

The stupid thing about those unneeded Prequel stories that try to explain how Disney characters got their magic from, in order to "answer" the lore is dumb, as then you have to also explain how the forces gifting that magic got their magic too in the first place. A never ending story.ย  :roll:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:58 amThats such a fantastic idea because I always needed to know how the Fairygodmother came to be :dance:ย  :biting:
Didn't Wish already answer that? :P
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:58 am what the Beast specifically said (like quotes) that upset the witch
How dare you forget Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas exists! :wink: He clearly said: "I don't need a rose. Go away, you wretched old hag!"
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:58 am Thats such a fantastic idea because I always needed to know how the Fairygodmother came to be :dance:ย  :biting:
Also I DESPERATELY need to know what Abu was doing before he met Aladdin, who created the magic spirits in Frozen 2, who created the creator of the magic spirits, why Maurice is an inventor, what the Beast specifically said (like quotes) that upset the witch, how the witch from BatB got her powers in the first place, and who gave her her powers, why Eric could understand Sebastian in "Kiss the Girl", does this mean Eric could understand the sea creatures because he was also a merman but turned into a human like Ariel but couldnt remember???? :oย  :oย  :shock:ย  Oh my im going to faint those questions are too beautiful and important for society blah blah

The stupid thing about those unneeded Prequel stories that try to explain how Disney characters got their magic from, in order to "answer" the lore is dumb, as then you have to also explain how the forces gifting that magic got their magic too in the first place. A never ending story.ย  :roll:
I actually read this post taking it seriously at first and getting really confused as to why anybody would be curious about what Abu was up to before he met Aladdin lol. I did get it by the end of the first paragraph. :lol: If someone really wanted to know about Aladdin and Abu meeting up ,I would recommend reading the Tales of Agrabah picture book cuz that goes into it.

All these Disney books make me so sad because they all have these really horrible premises. Pretty much 99% of them seem to conflict with the movies or butcher the characterizations. I feel like this is Star Wars rubbing off on Disney with the need to explain every little detail in some book or supplemental material....really at odds with the Disney brand and image. In Walt's era you didn't need every character explained with some backstory or origin that will reveal that the real villain was misunderstood and the hero was really the bad guy :down: . I wanted to read those villain backstory books by Serena Valentino but they were so horribly done and more about her OCs than the actual Disney characters. Like who believes that the Beast and Gaston were childhood friends. :| Even the Evil Queen book couldnt even get movie dialogues accurately. She says "alas for her" when talking to the magic mirror and the book thinks she said "a lash for her." If you can't even get the movie dialogue correct you have no business writing the "true story."

The twisted tales ones I think are the most offensive. I heard the Ariel one decides she's more empowered if she becomes queen of the sea (despite having 6 older sisters and dreaming about living in the human world) and never ends up with Eric. And Eric becomes all emo and gets a tattoo of her.... :huh: In the historic princess books, the BATB one was getting some flack for featuring a nonbinary character when that wasn't even a thing in the 1700s and I think there's some sort of female friend who Belle ends up having more chemistry with and ppl were lowkey shipping them.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

twihard wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:23 pm actually read this post taking it seriously at first and getting really confused as to why anybody would be curious about what Abu was up to before he met Aladdin lol.
lol NEVER! :P
Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:27 pm Didn't Wish already answer that? :P
Correction: always needed to know how the *second Fairygodmother came to be๐Ÿ˜ :D :-o

But youre right! I was just confused because her name here is Renee so it canโ€™t be her, Asha is only wearing the exact same iconic Fairygodmother cloak. Atleast the movie explained what Peter Pan was doing before he found Neverland (even if it was for just half a minute, sigh๐Ÿ˜) and why Bambi and lil John could talk, now i can sleep better :)

Now I just need a prequel movie of where Stars magic comes from๐Ÿคฅ
twihard wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:23 pm All these Disney books make me so sad because they all have these really horrible premises. Pretty much 99% of them seem to conflict with the movies or butcher the characterizations. I feel like this is Star Wars rubbing off on Disney with the need to explain every little detail in some book or supplemental material....really at odds with the Disney brand and image. I wanted to read those villain backstory books by Serena Valentino but they were so horribly done and more about her OCs than the actual Disney characters. Like who believes that the Beast and Gaston were childhood friends.ย 
Hope you still have your receipt!
Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:27 pm How dare you forget Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas exists! :wink:
So sorry Sotiris! How could I forget the Pop culture phenomenon that is Beasts Enchanted Christmas! :embarrassed: atleast WDAS doesnt have the pressure to develop a BatB Christmas Movie anymore :thumb:
twihard wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:23 pm The twisted tales ones I think are the most offensive. I heard the Ariel one decides she's more empowered if she becomes queen of the sea (despite having 6 older sisters and dreaming about living in the human world) and never ends up with Eric. And Eric becomes all emo and gets a tattoo of her.... :huh: In the historic princess books, the BATB one was getting some flack for featuring a nonbinary character when that wasn't even a thing in the 1700s and I think there's some sort of female friend who Belle ends up having more chemistry with and ppl were lowkey shipping them.
The Disney books themselves dont upset me too much, as they arent canon anyway. My problem is that Disney is in a state rn where the idea of those books can however link to a reality any minute through WDAS, like seen with Wish or Ralph 2. Those prequel/spin off tales from books and Disney Toon studios were like Fanfiction and what if scenarios, that dont collide with the canon. Now with crap like Marvel that milked crossovers and multiverse scenarios like the "What If?" series that are now canon ( as those characters also appear in the movies now) really kills the point of "what IF"... Im just afraid the surprising popularity of Fanservice Marvel and those books open the way for WDAS to make their own prequels and multiverse crap.

I guess the only prequel that I would tolerate would be about Maui. He already exists in Polynesian mythology so there are alot of stories they can adapt from his "glorious" past where he peaked, centuries before meeting Moana. All the others arent needed and are self explanatory
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:53 am The Disney books themselves dont upset me too much, as they arent canon anyway. My problem is that Disney is in a state rn where the idea of those books can however link to a reality any minute through WDAS, like seen with Wish or Ralph 2. Those prequel/spin off tales from books and Disney Toon studios were like Fanfiction and what if scenarios, that dont collide with the canon. Now with crap like Marvel that milked crossovers and multiverse scenarios like the "What If?" series that are now canon ( as those characters also appear in the movies now) really kills the point of "what IF"... Im just afraid the surprising popularity of Fanservice Marvel and those books open the way for WDAS to make their own prequels and multiverse crap.

I guess the only prequel that I would tolerate would be about Maui. He already exists in Polynesian mythology so there are alot of stories they can adapt from his "glorious" past where he peaked, centuries before meeting Moana. All the others arent needed and are self explanatory
I find the sequels less offensive. they weren't always great as most were subpar and the animation could vary from terrible to just okay but the characters felt like themselves. If I watched Beauty and the beast: the enchanted christmas, Lumiere and Cogsworth still felt like the real Lumiere and Cogsworth. They looked like themselves and sounded like themselves. Even if these films were just subpar that's still worlds better than the revisionist history of the live-action remakes or these books. Like you said these books are basically fanfic. I've read fanfics which are more respectful. Marvel What If seems to open a can of worms cuz I was not very familiar with it except for now what you've told me. it just goes to show how Disney is letting themselves lose their individual identity to be changed by Star Wars and Marvel. Which might actaully make sense if Star Wars and Marvel were still at the top but both are dying franchises like everythign else Disney touches. Disney has ruined them and they're still using those principles of ruin on themselves which is why their 100th year anniversary was a total bust. Outside of that Guardians of the galaxy movie, everything flopped bigtime because the same people are infecting every branch of Disney.

I didn't watch his movie but I think the reason they haven't done anything with him is cuz he isn't a pretty princess that they can sell dolls off. They can't even sell costumes or toys of him without being accused of racism cuz I do remember that scandal with his costume and how it was akin to scalping the indigenous so I think that's why Disney stays far away from that can of worms. They only want to promote properties they can make merch of mainly toys. Like the Tron Uprising show was a big hit in terms of viewers but the problem was that it was the wrong viewers. Not enough kids watching, viewers were all adults. And Disney wanted kids to watch so they could sell toys and that wasn't happening so the show got cancelled. If they can't sell toys they won't bother.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney may find it hard to make a costume of Maui, but a toy of him is easy and wouldn't be called racist.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:53 am I guess the only prequel that I would tolerate would be about Maui. He already exists in Polynesian mythology so there are alot of stories they can adapt from his "glorious" past where he peaked, centuries before meeting Moana. All the others arent needed and are self explanatory
Which is why I never understood why the live action movie isn't a Maui prequel instead of a remake for a film that was made less than 10 years ago.