Untitled Suzi Yoonessi Film

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Animation 2024 Film

Post by Farerb »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:19 pm I've heard this movie was put on hiatus and there might not be a Disney Animation release in 2024.
โ˜๏ธ
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I hope it is merely delayed and not going to be shelved.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Jules wrote: โ†‘Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:55 am I hope it is merely delayed and not going to be shelved.
We will never know since we barely knew anything about it.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

According to a Business Insider article released in New Years, it seems like Disney is still planning on releasing an animated movie on November 2024. I'm not sure if Business Insider has exclusive scoop on Disney or if they are reliable, but I really hope this is true.

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney- ... in-2024-26
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

As much as I want them to skip a year in order to reasses their quality in their feature films, tbh, I still want to to be released this year. I really wanna know what the movie is and I kinda donโ€™t like it when they have off years, which makes me a bit impatient.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Yeah, I think it might be in their best interest to give themselves more time, but that might not be an option for them with Hollywood's 2024 calendar being so sparse as it is. We can be grateful that there is at least a precedent for Disney animated movies being radically reshaped late into production and still coming out okay. Frozen went through like a billion drafts during development, and "For the First Time in Forever" wasn't even slotted into the show until July, if I recall, and both Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast underwent massive changes only like a year ahead of release.

I'm just gonna be over here praying for those poor animators.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Disney has sent an updated schedule for 2024, the untitled animated film is listed there. https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/statu ... 5857113599
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

How reliable is this Twitter account? :|
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Jules wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:19 pm How reliable is this Twitter account? :|
They sourced the official schedule Disney sent to the press. It's legit, alright.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Releasing this one and Mufasa only a few weeks apart is a big mistake, families are clearly gonna prefer seeing the prequel to LION KING rather than an original unknown animated movie sadly. Im not saying the WDAS movie is gonna flop, but I have a feeling it will do less than Mufasa. Maybe like atleast 100M less. Why didnt they Plan to Release it in Summer like the first one? Summer is a sweet Spot for huge Blockbusters anyways. lgm although maybe if it will flop like Strange World and Wish, Disney can blame Mufasas success for its box office failure. Im still happy we get something from WDAS this year tho
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm Why didnt they Plan to Release it in Summer like the first one?
Because summer has Inside Out 2 and Deadpool 3
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm Releasing this one and Mufasa only a few weeks apart is a big mistake, families are clearly gonna prefer seeing the prequel to LION KING rather than an original unknown animated movie sadly
I disagree, I honestly think Mufasa will disappoint in terms of the money it makes. I've already written it off based on the last one alone, but my thoughts on that aside, I don't think it will do well because the only reason people saw the last one was because of the nostalgia attached to it. Once you remove that from the equation and tell an original story, the public largely not going to care. It neither looks like the 90s movie, nor will it have James Earl Jones. So all those links to the past are pretty much gone.

A new ip at least at a chance to do well, but its hard to say, modern disney hasn't been able to capture the public either, so I dunno.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Whatever this movie is and however it ends up, letโ€™s just hope its production history is as less troubled as The Tigerโ€™s Apprentice on Paramount+, because Iโ€™ve just seen two Letterboxd reviews talking about how the making of the film was 4 years of hell with no breaks and a production similar to that of Across The Spider-Verse, but with the film becoming inferior at the last minute.

Oh boyโ€ฆ
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

When are they going to announce the next movie? I hope its not at the d23 expo.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

reee9948 wrote: โ†‘Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:17 pm When are they going to announce the next movie? I hope its not at the d23 expo.
Either during Wednesdayโ€™s Q1 2024 Disney earnings call, in March after Iwaju and Wish hit Disney+, or at CinemaCon in April.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

It's Moana 2, just announced! November 27th 2024...

meh
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Well, at least they're showing flex of muscle to challenge Wicked.

So... I'll take it.

At least they're making sure people go back to theaters by turning a Disney+ series into a sequel.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Untitled Suzi Yoonessi Film

Post by reee9948 »

I really hope that her movie is not canceled. If its not then I'm predicting it will come out in 2028 after Disney releases all the sequels.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

I guess Skylar Shuler or how his names written knew it was Moana 2 all along by hinting it with the princess crown
Kyle wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:38 pm
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:24 pm Releasing this one and Mufasa only a few weeks apart is a big mistake, families are clearly gonna prefer seeing the prequel to LION KING rather than an original unknown animated movie sadly
I disagree, I honestly think Mufasa will disappoint in terms of the money it makes. I've already written it off based on the last one alone, but my thoughts on that aside, I don't think it will do well because the only reason people saw the last one was because of the nostalgia attached to it. Once you remove that from the equation and tell an original story, the public largely not going to care. It neither looks like the 90s movie, nor will it have James Earl Jones. So all those links to the past are pretty much gone.

A new ip at least at a chance to do well, but its hard to say, modern disney hasn't been able to capture the public either, so I dunno.
Yeah i also think the Mufasa one will do wayy less than Lion King, but could still be a Hit, making around 500-600M. I thought so because in comparison to blockbusters like Avatar, the reason why most people saw it was either because it was directed by James Cameron or that it was the first movie that pioneered realistic CG, i even asked a few people and they even told me they saw it Back then even TWICE in theatres just because of the Animation... so a decade later there wouldnt be a reason why the sequel would be sucessful because almost every studio does that kind of Animation now and noone really talks about the movie. And Still the sequel made similar record breaking numbers, and i have the feeling it was mostly because the first one is literally the highest grossing movie of all time. And same goes for that LA LK movie. It was labeled as the highest grossing animated movie ever, so people automatically would be drawn to see the sequel or spinoff thingy despite lack of engagement. :shrug:

But now that we know that the Movie is MOANA 2 I think Lion King will do 100-200 Million less than M2. Yeah the anticipitation for Moana only grows as it was always in the top 10 of most streamed movies ever the last few years. So i can really see it make over 1B. :o :shrug: :excellent: :mickeyface: :earsguy: :buzz: but time will tell
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
friendoftheotherside

Re: Untitled Suzi Yoonessi Film

Post by friendoftheotherside »

Hey, guys! :wave: Iโ€™m new here. Iโ€™ve just created my account here so I could ask if anyone knows what happened to this movie? Last October, I was told that the movie was far along in production. It was scheduled to be released this November and it would be announced after Wish. I donโ€™t know much about the plot, only that it would have a female protagonist that was some kind of fairy/magical creature. I was very excited to learn more about it. So anyone have a clue? :?