Untitled Suzi Yoonessi Film

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Untitled Suzi Yoonessi Film

Post by Farerb »

First clue for what the 2024 film might be:

https://twitter.com/Jonathanest90s/stat ... bhsLg&s=19

While "Fantasy" can mean anything, it seems from the replies that it's more like The Black Cauldron type of high fantasy rather than a fairytale-like film.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Animation 2024 Film

Post by D82 »

Oh, I love that type of fantasy. I hope this is true. I wonder if it'll be a totally original story or if they'll adapt some book.
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

The movie is probably a "boys movie" like Strange World (let's hope not a bad movie)

That bluebird pirate movie probably
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Pokenonbinary wrote: โ†‘Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:25 amThat bluebird pirate movie probably.
That was never in development at Disney. It was a cancelled hand-drawn animated movie at Warner Bros. in the late '90s. Concept art from that project resurfaced and some unreliable Disney fansites like The DisInsider erroneously reported as it being an upcoming Disney movie. That's how that false rumor got started.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Raya and the Last Dragon something akin to a fantasy film? Sure, it borrowed quite a bit from East Asian myths and tales, but a lot of it in the final product does have that fantasy feeling. I'm honestly surprised that we're getting another one, but if that's so, I hope that this new film will nail the landing this time.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Do you think the movie will be delayed because of the actor strike. I heard they were meeting this Monday, but animation takes a while to make and Disney record the voice before they animate so they really need to get their act together if they want to release the 2024 movie on time.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

With this being a โ€œfantasyโ€, is it implied that itโ€™s also not a musical like Raya mentioned above? What about this โ€œfantasyโ€ makes it different from Wish, Encanto, Frozen etc. (besides the fact that it may not be a musical? :-)
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Makes sense it's not a musical, disney animation tends to make non musicals after having a big musical
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I hope itโ€™s a fantasy film in the style of The Lord of the Rings and The Black Cauldron. Some classic wizards and dragons stuff.
Pepelord

Post by Pepelord »

Maybe it's Suzi Yoonesssi's movie, which she said will be based on a fairy tale her mother told her.

And she's Iranian so maybe it'll be based around that culture I don't know

She said it here:
https://hellogiggles.com/women-at-disne ... ss-effect/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Pepelord wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:16 pm Maybe it's Suzi Yoonesssi's movie, which she said will be based on a fairy tale her mother told her.

And she's Iranian so maybe it'll be based around that culture I don't know

She said it here:
https://hellogiggles.com/women-at-disne ... ss-effect/
I forgot to reply to this. I didn't know about Suzi Yoonessi's movie. Whether it's the 2024 film or not, I'm glad WDAS is adapting a pre-existing story once again. The last one was Big Hero 6 and that was almost a decade ago. I don't think Moana counts, even though it features Maui, since it's mainly an original story.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Interesting! More to look forward to then, love fantasy (although like some others, I wondered how it's different than most other Disney films that are fantastical).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Apparently this is an AI-generated image floating around the Internet:

Indie & Sallah as being the next WDAS film:

https://imgur.com/a/SBbts7W

(Nothing bad in the photo yet Imgur has an age warning...it's been doing that lately.)

One of the dog rescues I volunteer with posted it on their Facebook page; luckily someone commented that it's fake. I'd love more basset hounds in WDAS films, though!

*edit*
Doing a Google image search, there is this variation too, "The Wasdlesworth Brothers ," made for a Twitter account of 2 basset hounds:
https://twitter.com/sirtibblesdog/statu ... 23/photo/3
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

blackcauldron85 wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:06 am I'd love more basset hounds in WDAS films, though!
yes that would be cool! Those posters remind me of how Rapunzel Unbraideds Dog Beau i think would have looked like! :milkbuds: But aside of the 2 dogs the pic is really unsettleing! All the other animals around them Look so melted and uneven :huh: beautiful classic AI. :D but I think that poster is part of this huge wave of AI generated "Pixar/ Disney" movies lately including historical Events and although the story behind them are extremely devestating, I still have to cackle of the titles they came up with as its something that sounds like Disney in the 2010s would have suited too well lol like Disney Pixars Twins or Disneys 'Caust. I know those are serious historical Events and too dark for Disney to interact, but its still a bit funny, including the taglines they come with.
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Now that the strike is over, I wonder when they are going to announce the next animated movie? I hope it's not delayed because they around 3 months behind schedule and Disney often record voices before animating.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Often? It should be closer to 99% of the time.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Why haven't we heard anything yet about WDAS' 2024 film? Is this normal?
blackcauldron85

And there were no clues in the end credits of Wish so it is super weird that they haven't announced anything. Maybe they don't even know... whatever is completed first maybe? Or they'll just not release one?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

blackcauldron85 wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:20 am And there were no clues in the end credits of Wish so it is super weird that they haven't announced anything. Maybe they don't even know... whatever is completed first maybe? Or they'll just not release one?
No release is indeed my fear. I hate it when they have an off-year with no releases. And it has happened several times since Chicken Little. :| Unless I am mistaken, Pixar has never missed a year, and every other year they release two films.
blackcauldron85

No Pixar films in 1996, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2014. (but 2 films in 2015), (2 films in 2017), (2 films in 2020), (2 films in 2022)