What Disney movies ideas would you pitch to the studio?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

What Disney movies ideas would you pitch to the studio?

Post by reee9948 »

It can be ideas from Disney Princess movies, to fairy tales, sc-fi like treasure planents, or dark fantasy like Black Cauldron.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Re: What Disney movies ideas would you pitch to the studio?

Post by PatchofBlue »

I think there's a lot of merit to them trying to adapt old works of literature. Like, they weren't wrong to try incorporating The Hunchback of Notre Dame into the Disney canon, and the parts of the movie that work really do work. It just needs a more even hand, which I think is actually well within Disney's reach if they stop listening to their critics and just let the artists do their thing.

I don't even have any specific books in mind. Something in the vein of Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera (but not those books because, well they already exist in the zeitgeist as musical works, and there's just no outcome to that equation that any party would be happy with). I just think that animation is an underused format for these kinds of stories, particularly if they adapt them as musical films, which with the right songwriter can rise to the emotional heights of profundity of those timeless stories.

And I'm sure I've aired this idea before, but I'd also love for Disney to make more talking animal films. That's another kind of story that works better in animation than live-action.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:41 pm I think there's a lot of merit to them trying to adapt old works of literature. Like, they weren't wrong to try incorporating The Hunchback of Notre Dame into the Disney canon, and the parts of the movie that work really do work. It just needs a more even hand, which I think is actually well within Disney's reach if they stop listening to their critics and just let the artists do their thing.

I don't even have any specific books in mind. Something in the vein of Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera (but not those books because, well they already exist in the zeitgeist as musical works, and there's just no outcome to that equation that any party would be happy with). I just think that animation is an underused format for these kinds of stories, particularly if they adapt them as musical films, which with the right songwriter can rise to the emotional heights of profundity of those timeless stories.

And I'm sure I've aired this idea before, but I'd also love for Disney to make more talking animal films. That's another kind of story that works better in animation than live-action.
Maybe they could do Jane Austen books if they want to bring back romance into their animated movies again. Or maybe the Bronte sister's book, but that would be too dark for a kid's movie and honestly I can't come up with a way to Disneyfied Wuthuring Heights, like the male lead and female lead are terrible people.
veu
Limited Issue

Post by veu »

For fairy tales, it could be a great idea to adapt Andersen's Wild Swans (or Grimm's Six Swans), a very wonderful story. Or Perrault's DonkeySkin (a great and classical fairy tale), or Grimm's Rumpelstiltskin (I remember Jennifer Lee told in an interview she wants to do a fairy tale with a mother like main character, so this could be done). I'd like to see also a Swan Lake movie with great animation and a Tchaikovsky's inspired music (ร  la Sleeping Beauty but I think Disney today isn't able to do a movie like that) or an adaptation of Grimm's The Goose Girl (Disney worked on a movie based on it during 2000s but it was shelved)
I admit I'd like to see some Russian fairy tales like Vassilisa the beautiful (not the Frog Princess story but the original Vassilissa story, it's wonderful with a great heroine, with a background similar to Cinderella/Snow White but much modern, she works, she dreams, she has a enchanted doll, there's also a Prince and a villain, the Baba Yaga, it's a great tale) or others Russian fairy tales like Tsarevitch Ivan, the Firebird and the Gray Wolf or The Humpbacked Horse (both tales with a male main character and a female great princess) or Tsar Saltan (a great tale in which there's also a Swan Princess character, I love tales with swans).

For literature, I think great ideas could be adapt Dumas' books like Three Musketeers / The Iron Mask (I know it's only a single part of a third book of the Musketeers saga but in the popular imagination The Iron Mask is a great story so why not?) or The Count of Monte Cristo. There's also a French popular heroine Disney could adapt into a movie, it's the popular Angelique marquise des anges (the story is more adult but interesting with mix of adventure, romance, intrigues ร  la Dumas)

Great idea could be an adaptation of old mythological stories like Cupid and Psyche for example. It could be interesting.

What do you think?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

veu wrote: โ†‘Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:18 aman adaptation of Grimm's The Goose Girl (Disney worked on a movie based on it during 2000s but it was shelved)
Where did you hear that? I looked it up, but couldn't find anything.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
veu
Limited Issue

Post by veu »

Sotiris, here you can find works about artist Ken Harsha about "Goose Chase", an adaptation of Goose Girl from the novel of Patrice Kindl. It's from 2003.

https://kenharsha.blogspot.com/

If you read the blog, you can find some concept arts about the Princess , the prince, witches, gooses, etc

here some images:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_y5fZSpQPGm0/ ... shrunk.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y5fZSpQPGm0/ ... d-crop.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_y5fZSpQPGm0/ ... crunch.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y5fZSpQPGm0/ ... crunch.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y5fZSpQPGm0/ ... crunch.jpg
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I have long wanted Disney to make "The Goose Girl," as it was one of my favorite fairy tales growing up. And I would love more talking animal movies, specifically dogs. I'd like a space movie, although I don't know if we'd get that, with the more sci-fi movies not being as profitable.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

veu wrote: โ†‘Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:36 amSotiris, here you can find works about artist Ken Harsha about "Goose Chase", an adaptation of Goose Girl from the novel of Patrice Kindl. It's from 2003.
Thank you! However, Goose Chase isn't really an adaptation of The Goose Girl. It's an original story that features a hodgepodge of fairy tale elements in the vein of Ella Enchanted, Happily N'Ever After, and Shrek.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Actually my dream is to work for Disney in the Visual development area and I made so much concept art for many movie Ideas I had, mostly based on fairytales. I have 2 faithful Fairytale takes based on a famous Grimm tale and one criminally overlooked Andersen Story I have in mind, which I can tell you more of when I feel more confident as they are really fleshed out and really personal and close to my heart :huh: A third Idea that I think could also be interesting but isnt as important as my main 2 would be a spin on the Ugly Duckling but as a funny satire take ala Shrek: as we live in a World where we have unnatural Beauty Standards I could see the Ducks representing Instragram model people (think of Daisy Duck but with cheekbones and thick lips :P )and the ugly duckling trying so hard to keep up with them and trying to change its appearence over time to fit into the Standard. Over time he looks more and acts more like a duck (snobby face with cheekbones and a voice mimicking the one of ducks) he seems happy to finally fit in, as suddenly he stumbles upon a group of Swans who were like him at the beginning: unapologetic , outsiders, but most Importantly themselves: they ask him why he tried so hard to be something hes not as they can tell he was one of them. But he denies them due to how much time he sacrificed to fit in only for it to be for nothing? Later on he sees his reflection in the water and regrets what he has done to himself.
So the message Overall would be dont change yourself for others just to fit in and just be yourself and the typical stuff.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฑโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿฅฐ. Usually not a fan of satire but if you have to criticize our society then fairytale satire would be perfect! :P I also think a satire take on Duckling works better because the story is too simple and predictable, but its still cute. Once I copyrighted my 2 main ideas I think I can share them both, but with the Main Intention to pitch them To Disney as they are serious takes with personal layers to great Fairytales! And with flawed characters who also have unlikeable habits (so quirky๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿฅฐ)

I would also like Disney to perhaps explore a Grimm fairytale called Frau Holle, this one could also be interesting!

And WOW thanks veu for the concept art! Never seen those before!
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disneynerd, that is a cool Ugly Duckling idea. Good job! But it has a sad ending! :(

I wouldn't share your ideas that you want to become Disney's here or to anyone until you worked for Disney. But, that is just my advice.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:43 am Disnerd, that is a cool Ugly Duckling idea. Good job! But it has a sad ending! :(
Thank you Disney Duster
I really appreciate it! :D I thought differentiating this tale with the satire aspect would help keeping it fresh (but this movie idea could also age like milk lol) and seperated from the short Disney has already done with Ugly Duckling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THmHFHBWQZc . Also tbh I didnt really recess with the tale until now (not such a big fan of Animal stories although I love Zootopia) so apparently the duckling not only goes to the Ducks but also to chickens and more. So I would add that to fit into EVERYONES beauty standard of every bird breed he encounters, he wants to fit into everysingle one ( to be the ultimate hottie :P )and that is what makes him ugly or unnatural at the end because of how all groups are so different from one another and he will look like Frankenstein or something lol. And seeing the Swans who are themselves AND BEAUTIFUL makes him regret changing himself as he could have also been so beautiful if he would have been patient, you could also say that it reflects how many young people during puberty or in teenage age years STILL develop and think they have to get a nosejob done or more which will look bad after 5 years because their feautures still develop in their 20s (I hope so for me :P )
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:43 am I wouldn't share your ideas that you want to become Disney's here or to anyone until you worked for Disney. But, that is just my advice.
Yeah ok that makes sense because the ideas still can get stolen and they can still claim that its a public domain idea because its based on a fairytale so its also not Technically fully mine :huh: Arghhh I just hope Disney or any animation studio wont pick up those Fairytales for the next 10 years so maybe Ill be hopefully able to pitch them :biting: (I even wrote a couple of songs for them lol)

Ok this is off topic but I cant stand it to wait for something that you want the world to present, because most of my ideas that I think are so unique will be done in the next 4 years: I wrote a song a long time ago that was really personal and something that came out of frustration and im clearly NOT a singer thats why I thought I can also leave this song as the main Power Ballad of one of the Main movie Projects I had and NOW this year there were so many BIG popular songs from HUGE Popstars that came slightly close to my Melody :oops: and as I am a nobody in his teenage years :P Normally I would never do this as singing is something out of my comfort zone and im more into Art, but the song is so good that I just have to, I have to think I have nothing to lose when Im about to release it by the end of the year, it still sounds unique. Who knows, maybe the song will blow up, if it flops hard, I dont care atleast I tried lol. :lol:

As for the movie Ideas, the Duckling one isnt one of my main ones so its fine, but for the other main ideas I think I need to be patient, and I really take your advice by Heart Disney Duster :)
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:50 am So the message Overall would be dont change yourself for others just to fit in and just be yourself and the typical stuff.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฑโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿฅฐ. Usually not a fan of satire but if you have to criticize our society then fairytale satire would be perfect! :P I also think a satire take on Duckling works better because the story is too simple and predictable, but its still cute. Once I copyrighted my 2 main ideas I think I can share them both, but with the Main Intention to pitch them To Disney as they are serious takes with personal layers to great Fairytales! And with flawed characters who also have unlikeable habits (so quirky๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿฅฐ)
ohmigosh slayyyyy The Disneynerd! ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜ augh, Itโ€™s giving๐Ÿ‘Œโ€ฆBASED vibesssss ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ This is why we should let you cook at Disney ๐Ÿคฃ (okayโ€ฆWhat is wrong with you and me :P legit, I have to look up Gen Z slang even though I am one)
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:21 am you could also say that it reflects how many young people during puberty or in teenage age years STILL develop and think they have to get a nosejob done or more which will look bad after 5 years because their feautures still develop in their 20s (I hope so for me :P )

Ok this is off topic but I cant stand it to wait for something that you want the world to present, because most of my ideas that I think are so unique will be done in the next 4 years: I wrote a song a long time ago that was really personal and something that came out of frustration and im clearly NOT a singer thats why I thought I can also leave this song as the main Power Ballad of one of the Main movie Projects I had and NOW this year there were so many BIG popular songs from HUGE Popstars that came slightly close to my Melody :oops: and as I am a nobody in his teenage years :P Normally I would never do this as singing is something out of my comfort zone and im more into Art, but the song is so good that I just have to, I have to think I have nothing to lose when Im about to release it by the end of the year, it still sounds unique. Who knows, maybe the song will blow up, if it flops hard, I dont care atleast I tried lol. :lol:

As for the movie Ideas, the Duckling one isnt one of my main ones so its fine, but for the other main ideas I think I need to be patient, and I really take your advice by Heart Disney Duster :)
ummโ€ฆfor me personally, I talked to my friends and teens my age and they all know that we wouldnโ€™t want a plastic surgery because we know better and because we want to prioritize our natural beauty :roll: but hey, that might be a cultre thing idk

Also, Iโ€™ll be fully supporting you to release your song this year, I have full faith that it will really be good! :D And donโ€™t worry if your song has a similar melody to other songs, just say it was a โ€œcoincidenceโ€, maybeโ€ฆhehe I also do have a dream to work in the animation industry, either as an animator or a visdev artist, just like you, so yeahโ€ฆ

Back to topicโ€ฆI donโ€™t have many ideas to pitch to Disney, I just wanna reply to The Disneynerd because itโ€™s just sooooo funiiieeeโ€ฆbesides one which is a fairytale male-lead musical. Plssssss Disney, Iโ€™m begginโ€™, begginโ€™ youuuuuโ€ฆ๐ŸŽถ :P
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I like your added birds/Frankenstein idea, Disneynerd! So great!

I think you should release our song anyway, especially if you can get it on the radio or as a single or however it works. You wouldn't believe how many songs have similar melody's to other songs, but they become great, beloved songs on their own anway!
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:52 am ohmigosh slayyyyy The Disneynerd! augh, Itโ€™s givingโ€ฆBASED vibesssss This is why we should let you cook at Disney (okayโ€ฆWhat is wrong with you and me legit, I have to look up Gen Z slang even though I am one)
lol I love Floptok humor :P (gen alpha will be even worse than us :huh: )
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:52 am ummโ€ฆfor me personally, I talked to my friends and teens my age and they all know that we wouldnโ€™t want a plastic surgery because we know better and because we want to prioritize our natural beauty but hey, that might be a cultre thing idk
Im really happy for you and your friends! Whatever you do, do NOT use the inverted filter, never realized how asymetrical my face was :huh:
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:52 am Also, Iโ€™ll be fully supporting you to release your song this year, I have full faith that it will really be good! And donโ€™t worry if your song has a similar melody to other songs, just say it was a โ€œcoincidenceโ€
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:19 am I think you should release our song anyway, especially if you can get it on the radio or as a single or however it works. You wouldn't believe how many songs have similar melody's to other songs, but they become great, beloved songs on their own anway!
Thanks guys, I really needed to hear this! :) Its still such a frustrating process to release it due to my voice (Im not Mariah carey) and I rerecord it daily since months!!! Never was so frustrated but its gonna be worth it hopefully!
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:19 am I like your added birds/Frankenstein idea, Disneynerd! So great!
Thank you so much D Duster :D this makes me really optimistic about my other ideas
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:52 am maybeโ€ฆhehe I also do have a dream to work in the animation industry, either as an animator or a visdev artist, just like you, so yeahโ€ฆ
Thats really cool MoonMarc! I love how the most here are so passionate about animation on this forum! I hope we both get there soon :D
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:52 am Back to topicโ€ฆI donโ€™t have many ideas to pitch to Disney, I just wanna reply to The Disneynerd because itโ€™s just sooooo funiiieeeโ€ฆbesides one which is a fairytale male-lead musical. Plssssss Disney, Iโ€™m begginโ€™, begginโ€™ youuuuuโ€ฆ
lol :P and this would be one of my 2 main ideas, a really underrated Andersen Tale with a GREAT lesson that I really relate to, a simple quite short story that isnt as detailed or long as Little Mermaid or Snow Queen, so it has room for more personal interpretation (now you all probably know which one im talking about) :wink:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm glad you are optomistic about your song and ideas. Stay that way! :)
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

My idea would be an adaptation of the Sissi movies starring Romy Schneider. I'd have it hand drawn, a musical, with some changes here and there. But it would be such an interesting idea. I'd try to make it as beautiful as Sleeping Beauty, with detailed artwork.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disneyโ€™s Dinosaur 2 (They can make their very own land before Time franchiseโ€ฆโ€ฆ :-)

A bugs life 2! :)
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:19 am I'm glad you are optomistic about your song and ideas. Stay that way! :)
Thank you Disney Duster! :) You are too kind <3
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:02 pm
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:52 am Also, Iโ€™ll be fully supporting you to release your song this year, I have full faith that it will really be good! And donโ€™t worry if your song has a similar melody to other songs, just say it was a โ€œcoincidenceโ€
Thanks guys, I really needed to hear this! :) Its still such a frustrating process to release it due to my voice (Im not Mariah carey) and I rerecord it daily since months!!! Never was so frustrated but its gonna be worth it hopefully!
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:52 am maybeโ€ฆhehe I also do have a dream to work in the animation industry, either as an animator or a visdev artist, just like you, so yeahโ€ฆ
Thats really cool MoonMarc! I love how the most here are so passionate about animation on this forum! I hope we both get there soon :D
Youโ€™re welcome, my dude The Disneynerd! :D Hereโ€™s to us making our dreams come true! :banana: :rock: :float: For SURE, it will be worth it!
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Okay...I know these stories may be very visceral and difficult to adapt given the subject matter y'all will read in a moment but first of all, this is just hypothetical, second, I know there are animation studios that are not squeamish at the sight of blood and such like Studio Ghibli, Sony, and Netflix so these stories can be applied to them, and third, because these stories feel so fairytale-esque, I felt like I should be putting them here. So what are they, adaptations of the Biblical stories, Book of Esther and Book of Tobit.

When I was young, I always felt like the story of Esther should be adapted as a Disney Princess-type animated film, as it has so many elements going for it that fit the Disney Princess movie tropes. A female lead of color that achieves royalty through marriage and wants to help her people that live in a society that hates them, an evil person that wants to kill said people, a loving family relativeโ€”it's all there! That and the whole "helping her people that live in a society that hates them" fits much better in a story like this than, let's say, Wish, because the King in this story is actually oblivious that Esther and some of those kinds of people who are living in his kingdom are the "hated people" and wants to kill these people in order to ensure the safety of the kingdom. I know it's very risky to do, given that it's an actual real-world issue and people may not be very comfortable with that, but with the right people, I think it will work out fine if ever it gets adapted.ย 

Now, the next story I'll be talking about is actually not part of the Bible, but I feel like I should include it because it has "biblical elements" and was found alongside the Dead Sea Scrolls, where most of the books of the Bible are all found. So the Book of Tobit tells the tale of a young man named Tobias who ventures out of his home by his blind father, Tobit, to recover money from a family relative of his and meets a being from above (Spoilers: It's Archangel Raphael) that helps him on his journey. Another event concurs with his, in which his relative, Sarah, was framed for killing her suitors and gets depressed, but it was the doing of a demon named Asmodeus, who is madly in love with her and wants to marry him. These two characters meet up and are together, and with the help of Raphael, they slay Asmodeus and live happily ever after. That sounds like a great fairytale-esque story to adapt for animation. There's a big fight with a monstrous fish during the male duo's journey; the killing of the suitors feels so Bluebeard; even as to how Tobit got blind, it feels so fairytale-esque. (Spoilers again: He got blinded because a bird pooped on his eyes.) You can even explore the relationship between Tobias, Raphael, and Sarah. I'd imagine the male pair's dynamic to kind of be like Asha and Starboy's, but instead of playfulness, they'd share mutual respect for one another (in a bro type of way) and for Tobias and Sarah (they could easily change her from being his relative to someone unrelated to him). I can see them having a slow-burn love type of dynamic, in which Sarah doesn't want to go near him but slowly warms up to him and, in the end, fully trusts him and slays Asmodeus with Tobias' homie, Raphael, and the power of faith, a.k.a. praying. And what's cool is that after their happily ever after, Tobias' father, Tobit, thought that he died on his journey, and they returned back to Tobias' home and healed his father with the guts they disemboweled from the fish that attacked the male duo. What's even cooler is that I just discovered it today, and I immediately wanted an adaptation after hearing this!

Phew, I think that's the longest I rambled here in this forum in a long time. The next time I'll do it will likely come in a few months on a topic I'm very invested in. :P So, tldr, I want an animation studio to adapt these two biblical stories because they feel so ripe to have an animated adaptation.