Most anticipated Disney movie of 2024

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Most anticipated Disney movie of 2024

Post by Farerb »

Not surprising at all. Byron Howard and Jared Bush were busy with Encanto. I'm pretty sure they started working on Zootopia last year.

I'm sure Bob Iger would love to have all those sequels out in 2025 for his bonuses, but I doubt we'll see Zootopia 2 before 2026 and Frozen III before 2027 unless they have no problem rushing those. I personally would love it if they spread them out and made sure that one studio released an original film in a year where the other released a sequel. I don't want to go though 2018-2019 again.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Mary Poppins 60th Anniversary
The Lion King 30th Anniversary
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea 70th Anniversary

Wouldnโ€™t it be fabulous if Disney gave them even just a 2-3 day nationwide (as opposed to just CA and FL) rerelease to celebrate these classics as does Fathom Events Big Screen Classics?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wish they would re-release their older films theatrically for sure, even if it was just a 3-day thing. A tiny window like that is the only way it would happen, I think. I remember being so excited I might finally see TLM theatrically back when they were doing the 3D re-releases theatrically, only for them to close up shop after B&tB and TLK didn't do the numbers they wanted. :roll: I guess they thought they'd sell like new films or something.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney's Divinity wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:00 pm I wish they would re-release their older films theatrically for sure, even if it was just a 3-day thing. A tiny window like that is the only way it would happen, I think. I remember being so excited I might finally see TLM theatrically back when they were doing the 3D re-releases theatrically, only for them to close up shop after B&tB and TLK didn't do the numbers they wanted. :roll: I guess they thought they'd sell like new films or something.
Itโ€™s funny, I was actually just thinking last night that Disney and other studios Such as WB with Harry Potter should just re-release extended/alternate versions of movies instead of just remaking/rebooting them :-) Disney is actually no stranger to extended edition as they did one for the first Narnia, so what do you think?
Disney's Divinity

Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:09 pm Itโ€™s funny, I was actually just thinking last night that Disney and other studios Such as WB with Harry Potter should just re-release extended/alternate versions of movies instead of just remaking/rebooting them :-) Disney is actually no stranger to extended edition as they did one for the first Narnia, so what do you think?
I think that's a great idea for the HP films for sure. They have a lot of cut material they could either put back in or add new footage for the HP films (in particular GoF and OotP), that would be wonderful!

I think that's what Disney did do with those older IMAX re-releases where they added "Human Again" and "Morning Report" to B&tB and TLK, respectively. The only thing is a lot of those additional scenes may end up being lost to time as new home media releases go on. I can't remember if "Morning Report" was included as an option for the newer TLK Blu-ray releases, and I'm pretty sure both Bedknobs & Broomsticks and Pocahontas had extended versions that weren't carried over to later Blu-ray releases, unfortunately. :( Especially for Bedknobs and Pocahontas, I think those extended scenes improved those two films a great deal.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The only Disney movie I'm really excited about is WDAS's 2024 film. It's so hype to know what their upcoming feature film project and the small hint of it being a fantasy makes me even more intrigued. Plus, the studio always keeps these projects in secrecy so having them reveal it through first images and a general idea of what it is makes me so interested to see it. :D

The ones that I'm not that really excited about but still want to check out regardless are Deadpool 3 and Inside Out 2 since their premises are really interesting for their respective "worlds", if you know what I mean.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Disney's Divinity

The rumored fantasy film from WDAS may ultimately dethrone Deadpool 3 as my #1 once we see a little from it.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I just hope it's sincere fantasy, not "ironic" fantasy like Onward (as much as I liked it)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

With the changes to the release slate due to the actors' strike, there's very little left I'm interested in. I guess it will also depend on what the untitled live-action movie will end up being.

1) WDAS film
2) Mufasa: The Lion King
3) Inside Out 2
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I think there will be more shake ups to the release calendar as a consequence of the strike. So who knows how many of these actually come out next year.

I canโ€™t say Iโ€™ve been actively looking forward to any of these, it is very hard to get excited for something with no details. I will see the WDAS film of course. I totally forgot a sequel to Inside Out was even in production. Iโ€™m actually really curious to see how Mufasa turns out as well.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney is padding out its thin 2024 theatrical slate with the Pixar films that debuted on Disney+.
Soul, Pete Docterโ€™s Oscar-winning 2020 animated film about a middle-school band teacher who is transported to the โ€œGreat Before,โ€ will be released in cinemas on Jan. 12. Turning Red, Domee Shiโ€™s 2022 Oscar-nominated movie about a teen who turns into a red panda, debuts Feb. 9, followed by Enrico Casarosaโ€™s Oscar-nominated sea monster story Luca on March 22. Luca will be paired with Pixarโ€™s classic short For the Birds (2000), which won an Oscar for best animated short. Soul will be preceded by Pixarโ€™s Oscar-nominated 2020 SparkShort Burrow; and Turning Red, with Academy-Award-nominated 2019 SparkShort Kitbull.

Disney insiders say there were several reasons for decision to give the three films a theatrical release, including an slowdown in family product next year because of the strikes. It also provides a prime opportunity to plug Inside Out 2.
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235712328/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

According to a Fandango survey, these are the most anticipated films of 2024.
Most Anticipated 2024 Movies

01. Deadpool 3
02. Beetlejuice 2
03. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
04. Dune: Part Two
05. Venom 3
06. Despicable Me 4
07. Inside Out 2
08. Lord of the Rings: The War of Rohirrim
09. Gladiator 2
10. A Quite Place: Day One

Most Anticipated 2024 Family Movies

01. Despicable Me 4
02. Inside Out 2
03. Kung Fu Panda 4
04. Mufasa: The Lion King
05. The Garfield Movie
Source: https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1735284777689731378
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Hooray for Deadpool 3 being the most-hyped movie of 2024 according to audiences.

This just shows people still arenโ€™t giving up on the MCU despite how The Marvels was.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

How does your ranking change now that we know that a Moana sequel will be released this year?
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:07 pm How does your ranking change now that we know that a Moana sequel will be released this year?
If it's revealed that Moana 2 will have an actual villain, then I might actual watch it. The first Moana sounds and look kinda boring no offense.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

reee9948 wrote: โ†‘Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:26 pm
Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:07 pm How does your ranking change now that we know that a Moana sequel will be released this year?
If it's revealed that Moana 2 will have an actual villain, then I might actual watch it. The first Moana sounds and look kinda boring no offense.
Moana is actually one of my favourite movies of all time! :-) You should definitely give it a chance, especially if you like Pixar, because it has a very Pixar feeling (itโ€™s actually produced by someone who produced some Pixar stuff :-)
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

1. Inside Out 2 ( most of Pixars sequels are justified and i just love Inside Out)
2. Moana 2
3. Garfield (usually not a big fan of the franshise but considering this one is from Sony, im quite optimistic! :)
4. Kung Fu Panda 4

Edit: totally forgot that the Gumball movie is rumored to come out this year, thats the biggest thing im looking forward to, even if its just a Pilotmovie for the next season. The Series is so brilliant! :D
1. Gumball movie, 2.Inside Out, 3. Moana2, and so on
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

According to a Fandango survey, these are the most anticipated summer films of 2024. I assume Moana 2 isn't on here because a trailer for it hasn't been released yet.
Most Anticipated 2024 Summer Movies

01. Deadpool & Wolverine
02. Bad Boys: Ride or Die
03. Despicable Me 4
04. A Quite Place: Day One
05. Inside Out 2
06. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
07. The Watchers
08. The Fall Guy
09. The Garfield Movie
10. Borderlands
Source: https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1775538896979247432
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:45 pmI assume Moana 2 isn't on here because a trailer for it hasn't been released yet.
Moana 2 is not releasing until Nov 27, Definitely not in the summer, EH?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Right. I misspoke. I meant to say Mufasa: The Lion King.