Wish

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: Wish

Post by Mooky »

Now that's a GOOD villain song! Something like that, coupled with a different characterization for Magnifico, would have vastly elevated the movie.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Here is yet another video on the consideration of Wish :)

https://youtu.be/3o-oU0xv74g?si=oOkubuu3a2_ePh4t
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

"Good to Be King" is, well, good Haha. Better than "This is the Thanks I Get", which is the important thing.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It is a shame this only broke even, but at least it wasn't an outright flop and I have a feeling it could be the beginning of an uphill swing from Strange World's flopping just like TLM and TP&TF--we'll see. I thought it was good. Not as good as I had hoped, but it was better than Elemental and (I can only presume) Trolls 3. The silver lining is it was unlikely this would've been as good as The Boy and the Heron or Spider-verse's sequel even if it had been on level with what I'd expected, and I'm glad those two films are getting most of the awards attention. And at least the consensus of most reviews were that the animation style was the highlight. It will be interesting to see how it does on streaming; if it does well there, hopefully that will help WDAS lift its chances for the next original film this Fall.

I'll try to edit this post as I scroll through old posts. I'm glad you thought the film was okay, Duster! :) I can't wait to get the Walmart steelbook, it's very pretty. The one plus side of BestBuy killing off all their physical media is now steelbooks can be sold at Walmart instead, I guess? :lol: Which makes them easier to get for me. It's too bad TLM's Walmart exclusive cover couldn't have been a steelbook as well rather than the sort of papery substance it was, that cover was very pretty.

As far as the detail that Magnifico originally consumed people's wishes or whatever, well... I've said in the past on this forum that I could see elements in WDAS' recent films that looked inspired by their brief involvement with Square Enix on Kingdom Hearts 3 back in the 2017-19 area. Wish was no exception. The wishes themselves always looked so similar to the pure hearts of the Princesses of Heart in the first Kingdom Hearts for one, a visual I was always obsessed with as a child. The idea that Magnifico would consume the light inside them reminds me of how Maleficent in Chain of Memories wanted to consume Belle's heart to give herself power.
UmbrellaFish wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:13 am
Mooky wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:53 am FFS, just let people like OR dislike the movie as they please, and stop hounding them across the internet. You'd think a few of you here have personal stakes in Disney the way you not only pile up on anyone who expresses any type of legitimate criticism of them and their products, but also jump to defend every questionable storytelling choice. It's annoying and it's getting old. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed Wish for the most part.
I agree 100%!
I found reading this whole interaction pretty ironic considering the two of you are much more oppressive than Patricier, imo, and Patricier for all their faults comes across much more genuine whereas you two seem like culture warriors just as much as carolinakid. You two are normally the first to demonize and attack anyone who posts anything that isn't short, placid, and positive about every Disney/PIXAR product. You want there to be nuance and understanding now you're the one criticizing something, that's hilarious.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Welcome back, Divinity. You are a ray of sunshine as ever.
Disney's Divinity

Well, I thought Patricier did deserve defending. Some people are cowardly, but I'm not. :wave:
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

And here I thought all this time you were away you were working on your personality, but I guess I thought wrong. You really can't teach an old dog new tricks, huh. :wave:
Disney's Divinity

Well, from one old dog to another, I'm very proud of that! :wink:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Let's cut it out with the personal jabs, everyone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm just catching up on the past few weeks' Disney news. Sabino's version of "A Wish Worth Making" made me teary-eyed. Why did they cut it? It was beautiful. It's not like it was that long.

They really were going to use a narrator setup for the Valentino-as-Star scene?

While I prefer Star being mute, I did enjoy the shapeshifting scene.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It's nice to see you're back, blackcauldron85 :) :wave:
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

I do not watch new "Disney." I didn't even know this movie was a thing until recently. came to this forum to ask if it is worth watching as a classic Walt Disney fan. is it really a tribute to the classics??

Mostly interested in hearing @carolinakid's opinion because their tastes seem most like mine. :)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:11 pm It's nice to see you're back, blackcauldron85 :) :wave:
Thank you! โค๏ธ. Been lurking a bit but I've just been busy and I missed you guys. I'm super excited for Wish to come on Blu!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney's Divinity wrote: โ†‘Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:24 pmI'm glad you thought the film was okay, Duster! :) I can't wait to get the Walmart steelbook, it's very pretty. The one plus side of BestBuy killing off all their physical media is now steelbooks can be sold at Walmart instead, I guess? :lol: Which makes them easier to get for me. It's too bad TLM's Walmart exclusive cover couldn't have been a steelbook as well rather than the sort of papery substance it was, that cover was very pretty.
Thanks, and I am glad you thought the film was good. I am also glad you can now get steelbooks you want. I guess I'll get the Wish one at my local Walmart, mostly to support the film, and because I liked the designs and the magic and the whole Fairy Godmother thing. Plus Dario was so cute.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I'm so surprised they didn't announce when they'd drop this on Disney+. I want to watch it so bad.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Vlad wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:33 pm I'm so surprised they didn't announce when they'd drop this on Disney+. I want to watch it so bad.
I think thatโ€™s deliberate. Disney thinks the streaming service is cutting into their box office, so theyโ€™re going to begin widening the gap between theatrical and streaming.

Itโ€™s a shame they didnโ€™t do this beforeโ€” it would have been much smarter to have started this with Elemental which got better reviews.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

UmbrellaFish wrote: โ†‘Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:36 pm I think thatโ€™s deliberate. Disney thinks the streaming service is cutting into their box office, so theyโ€™re going to begin widening the gap between theatrical and streaming.

Itโ€™s a shame they didnโ€™t do this beforeโ€” it would have been much smarter to have started this with Elemental which got better reviews.
I agree on both accounts. Disney+ didn't NEED to be this huge drain on their brand, but the way they've used it has just hemorrhaged both their creative resources and their financial returns. It'll be years before they dig themselves out of this hole.
Disney's Divinity

Thank you, Duster. And I agree that a longer time before being added to Disney+ is a good thing in the long run.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Another deleted scene.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2YeldbOWHU/

In this one, Asha and the friends go to the dungeon to save Asha's mom and Sabino, and they come across an ex-character who was the 8th friend and a sorcerer's apprentice named "Flazeeno"(?).

They removed him because Asha already had 7 friends, and "adding one more was too many." :P
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Warm Regards wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:07 am Another deleted scene.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2YeldbOWHU/

In this one, Asha and the friends go to the dungeon to save Asha's mom and Sabino, and they come across an ex-character who was the 8th friend and a sorcerer's apprentice named "Flazeeno"(?).

They removed him because Asha already had 7 friends, and "adding one more was too many." :P
Wow really interesting deleted scene! If Ashas family was thrown in the dungeon, it would have made her journey to stop him more impactful and personal, and would have made Magnifico look more evil thinking Sabino and her mom have done nothing wrong. Disney almost made the movie watchable :smack:
Now we know that the limit for best friends for a Disney character are 7. :-| :dance: (literally they think 8 is too much but keep it by 7 for the dwarf reference...)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink: