Tiana (Disney+ Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tiana (Disney+ Series)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I liked that drawing of Tiana and Leah Chase.

I like that they're bringing in little details like Tiana's father being a WW1 veteran. Of course, like they said, it's only a 10 minute ride so hopefully they don't over-stuff the story. Some of those ideas would be things Tiana could explore. I'm glad they have a Tiana's Palace restaurant at Disneyland at least! The concept art is nice. Interesting they'd use Eudora for a shop though? Yay @ a new outfit! I hope it ends up being another great one like the bayou wedding dress and white flapper dress!
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:25 am Apparently, someone recently asked at a Disney Imagineering Q&A if they were opening Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at both US Disney Parks in 2024 to tie into the Tiana Disney+ series, and the answer was very interesting: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... magineers/.
From that article:
Question: Speaking of digging a little deeper, are we also going to tap more into Prince Naveen’s story because he has such a unique backstory, from a global perspective, it'll be interesting to see how Princess Tiana and he merge the two worlds. Especially as they continue to grow their family and their communities.

Ted: Well, I don't want to speak for our partners at the Walt Disney Animation Studios, but I know it's been announced that Tiana’s story is going to be furthered as part of a series or miniseries. I know earlier conversations about her relationship with her husband, who was from another country, likely of mixed race, depending on that time and period, it's a time of indigenous people and colonization and all those complexities of the world.
Then further down:
Charita: I wanted to go back to the question about the original animation real quick, too. It's important to understand that we are working with Walt Disney Animation studio on this project. They are a collaborative partner with us on this attraction.
And further down:
Question: Is the attraction going to be tied at all to the Disney+ series?

Charita: Well, I think what we can say is just like we've been working with Walt Disney Animation Studio on the attraction itself, we have had a number of sessions with the Disney+ team, so it's very important to understand and have continuity along those lines. And I think that's really all I can say about that. But we are a very collaborating organization.
Also this image which shows new characters (Tiana's extended family?)

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Warm Regards wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:42 amAlso this image which shows new characters (Tiana's extended family?)
No, they are her employees in her new company, Tiana's Foods.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I actually visited Dooky Chase's Restaurant two years ago. There's another framed drawing of Tiana done by Mark Henn hanging right above the drawing of Tiana and Leah Chase. That article reminded me of the pics I took:

D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

So, I'm part of a Twitter DM community group and I have received word from one of the members who claims to have freinds working on Tiana that the series WILL be hand-drawn animated.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've never doubted Tiana would be hand-drawn, especially since Wish features a "Paperman"-esque technique as it is. I think it's taking longer because they don't want it to be terrible in comparison to the Disney+ stuff for Moana, Zootopia, BH6, etc. that is all high quality. They know that would likely get them raked.

Very pretty Mark Henn drawing!
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:38 pm I've never doubted Tiana would be hand-drawn, especially since Wish features a "Paperman"-esque technique as it is. I think it's taking longer because they don't want it to be terrible in comparison to the Disney+ stuff for Moana, Zootopia, BH6, etc. that is all high quality. They know that would likely get them raked.

Very pretty Mark Henn drawing!
I agree on everything you just said.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Yay, I can't wait for yet another lecture by Disney on the evils of colonialism. :roll:
I know earlier conversations about her relationship with her husband, who was from another country, likely of mixed race, depending on that time and period, it's a time of indigenous people and colonization and all those complexities of the world. I think that that team, from what little we've heard of, is going to explore that a little bit.
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... magineers/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Maybe it could be done well.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

A new interview about Wish with Jennifer Lee is out, which I translated to Spanish, where she brings up Tiana for a new direction, new world, and a new voice for the character (not voice as in “voice actor”, voice as in finding out her place in a new world), thus confirming it is still being worked on: https://www-ecartelera-com.translate.go ... r_pto=wapp.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

If I may, ladies and gentlemen, this was when I was last told by a Twitter user named iCritic that he heard from people he knows who work on the show that Tiana will be hand drawn animated…

If you wanna ask him if that’s still the case, find his Twitter, but ask him through DM’s.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Wasn't able to find validity of this yet, but apparently Grace Randolph recently said in one of her livestreams that TIana's premiere on Disney+ has been delayed to 2025. Honestly, if it means more time to get the show's hand-drawn animation style right, I'm fine with this.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

This tweet is where I found out that Grace Randolph said Tiana on Disney+ was delayed to 2025: https://x.com/ben3po/status/1703893748294312143?s=46.

I’ll have to find the video where she said that.

Let’s hope it is delayed to get the hand-drawn animation right with more time.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

‘Tiana’ Disney+ Animated Series Sets Joyce Sherri as Lead Writer, Director
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/tiana- ... 235749236/
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Farerb wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:15 pm ‘Tiana’ Disney+ Animated Series Sets Joyce Sherri as Lead Writer, Director
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/tiana- ... 235749236/
FINALLY!

An update on the Disney+ Tiana seires.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

In the Q&A portion of Grace Randolph's Q&A, she heard that while Variety is saying Tiana will hit Disney+ in 2024, she's heard 2025 and in another question she answers, she ALSO is the next person to say Tiana will be hand-drawn animated: https://www.youtube.com/live/X-5ljjSkj4 ... kgNmZIKm3o.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

According to Disney TV Animation News on Twitter (https://x.com/DisneyTVANews/status/1711 ... 60141?s=20) and on their news site (https://disneytvanimation.com/post/7308 ... ritter-for), the reason Tiana was delayed to late 2024 was because "unlike previous Disney TV-Movie shows, Tiana uses and features high budget, in-house, hand-drawn animation being done at Walt Disney Animation Studios Vancouver in Vancouver in Canada.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

What is their source?
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Farerb wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:55 am What is their source?
I'm not sure. But if I had to guess, maybe they're inferring it from this: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/vanc ... 8950550832.

I don't know. :bow:
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Also, if Joyce Sherri liking my Instagram comment on her post is any indication, it would seem she is subtly confirming that the Disney+ Tiana series will indeed be hand-drawn.