Theatrical release histories on the Disney Wiki

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Theatrical release histories on the Disney Wiki

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I had been starting a series of pages of theatrical release histories (dates, posters and additional information, where possible), but they were abruptly taken down on the grounds that "they weren't needed". I thought if the video releases for these movies can get their own pages, then why not theatrical releases, too?

I'm willing to work with the mods who took them down, but I want to find someplace here to put the dates and histories of the movies, because I honestly think the people here deserve to know.

I was told that the release histories of movies can be noted on the film page under the release sections, and their posters can be seen in their galleries. But those are mainly for the releases in the U.S., and it's just the years, not necessarily the exact dates. As for posters, no one would know what the exact dates would be for. Also, if release history pages can't exist, then why should video pages? They are pretty much the same thing, except for theatrical releases. Interestingly, the mod in question is actually from the United Kingdom, where, as in all countries, the releases of Disney films is not always the same as in the U.S.

I was actually thinking about doing it for a long time, but I never got around to it, until I saw Richard Holliss' collection of UK posters for the UK releases of various Disney movies, which he shared on Facebook. But now I have no place to put them. I don't want to keep them to myself. I want to share them.