Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce a Star Wars Movie

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Star Wars Shocker: Marvel's Kevin Feige Developing New Movie for Disney
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ey-1243481
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce a Star Wars Movie

Post by Sotiris »

I can't say I'm happy about this development. Feige already has his plate full with Marvel films and TV shows and I'm worried he'll be spread too thin, affecting Marvel's output. Also, the type of storytelling Feige and Marvel are known for is very different than that of Star Wars. Star Wars has a completely different sensibilty both in terms of storytelling and visuals and there is a danger of it losing its identity. I can't help but compare the situation to what happened with WDAS and how it became Pixar 2.0 after Lasseter took over. Do people really want a Marvel-ized Star Wars? I get that there are fears about the future of Star Wars after the Skywalker saga but enlisting the help of another studio head is not the way to go, in my opinion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

The Fandom app had a Push notification that Kevin Feige has a particular actor in mind for a particular role, but the link seems to not confirm anything other than speculation?:
https://starwars.fandom.com/f/p/3343172654596350735

I mean, he's a Star Wars fan, & he has the opportunity to make a SW film; I don't blame him. I don't feel negative towards this, just curious.

*edit*
Kevin Feige’s ‘Star Wars’: How Marvel’s Head Could Impact the Future of the Franchise
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/kevin ... 202176703/
His production isn’t imminent, and both his busy schedule and the studio’s desire to pull back slightly on new releases are likely to give him plenty of time to work on whatever ideas he’s cooking up. Don’t expect Feige to churn out a new “Star Wars” movie next year...If there’s anyone who knows how to craft a seamless production experience and a unified creative front for so many stories told by so many creators over so many platforms, it’s Feige. And that’s the one thing “Star Wars” needs above all...For now, it appears that his involvement with the MCU remains unchanged (and it’s unlikely Iger would approve the addition of a new film if there was any threat to Disney’s primary cash cow)...
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Feige is a huge Star Wars fan so I don't think he'll try and make it more along the lines of the MCU or at least, I hope not. Kathleen Kennedy is still there to rein him in if that needs to occur, but I'm looking forward to this. Especially the specific actor that Feige highlighted. I'm hoping it's Brie Larson since she really wants to be in a Star Wars film but I've heard Chris Evans is a huge fan as well so I wouldn't mind him either.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85

^ Last night, a video was on my husband's YouTube feed about the Brie Larson rumor (but it was snarky...https://youtu.be/m5mAN_begPk), but I just saw that a bunch more are on YouTube...
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

This is her recent tweet btw.
https://twitter.com/brielarson/status/1 ... s-movie%2F

I hope she really will join Star Wars since she's been talking about it for a while.
ImageImage
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I think Kevin Feige is an enormously talented producer and it will be interesting to see him bring ideas to a different property. Producers tend to work on a bunch of movies at once, so him producing both a Star Wars movie and Marvel projects isn't that unusual.

A lot of people think he was a comic book fan who ended up as a movie producer. And yes, he liked comic books, but Feige has said he entered the film industry, because he loved the movies of George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis. Him working with Marvel came about, because he was Laura Shuler Donner's assistant and he was promoted to being a producer when she began producing the X-Men movies and that's what got him to Marvel's attention. In an alternate universe where Feige became Frank Marshall or Scott Rudin's assistant, I imagine his career would have gone a lot differently.

Feige producing a Star Wars movie will be a nice way for him to spread his wings and show he can make more than just superhero films.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Feige already has his plate full with Marvel films and TV shows and I'm worried he'll be spread too thin, affecting Marvel's output.
I'm a bit worried about that as well, though for now it's only one movie. As for Star Wars losing its identity, I'm not too concerned about that yet. The fact that Feige is a Star Wars fan gives me hope he will do a good job. Plus, he has produced movies with very different tones and approaches within the MCU, so I think he's capable of keeping both properties separate.
estefan wrote:A lot of people think he was a comic book fan who ended up as a movie producer. And yes, he liked comic books, but Feige has said he entered the film industry, because he loved the movies of George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis. Him working with Marvel came about, because he was Laura Shuler Donner's assistant and he was promoted to being a producer when she began producing the X-Men movies and that's what got him to Marvel's attention. In an alternate universe where Feige became Frank Marshall or Scott Rudin's assistant, I imagine his career would have gone a lot differently.
Thanks for that info. I had heard he was a comic book fan, but I watched the interview posted in this article the other day, and there it was clear he was more of a Star Wars fan than a comic book one in his childhood.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Star Wars was the MCU of its time so it makes sense that Feige was a Star Wars fan first and then a comic book fan secondary who just sorta got involved with Marvel. JJ is a huge Star Wars fan too and I loved TFA and will probably love TROS so I think the franchise will be in good hands with Feige. Especially if he casts Brie Larson and/or Chris Evans, probably the former.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Will 'Star Wars' Become a Marvel-Style Franchise?
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... er-1252907

‘Loki’ Exec Producer Michael Waldron Tapped To Write Kevin Feige’s ‘Star Wars’ Movie
https://deadline.com/2021/01/loki-micha ... 234665495/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Star Wars’ Shakeup: Kevin Feige and Patty Jenkins Movies Shelved, Taika Waititi Looking to Star in His Own Film
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/star ... 235545774/

Kevin Feige Confirms His ‘Star Wars’ Movie Is Not Moving Forward
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235343066/