Oscar for Best Animated Feature 2023

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Oscar for Best Animated Feature 2023

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:11 amWish and Once Upon a Studio are not nominated for anything.
I believe this is the very first time WDAS hasn't received a single nomination since the inception of the awards. Clearly, people are trying to send Disney a message.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:29 pm
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:11 amWish and Once Upon a Studio are not nominated for anything.
I believe this is the very first time WDAS hasn't received a single nomination since the inception of the awards. Clearly, people are trying to send Disney a message.
Maybe the Academy will have a different message if only Once Upon A Studio makes it into the Best Animated Short category.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Just came back from seeing the Boy and the Heron this Sunday night and WOW what a magical day! :D The movie was really beautiful and the characters like the cannibal birds and the fluffy White things were my favourites, really cute and hilarious, the maids were funny too. All the characters were so interesting and the music was beautiful too. :up:
Really strong movie. Not as GREAT as Fireflies, but still one of their strongest ones. This movie aside of the stunning Animation deserves all the praises and prizes it gets. One of the best animated movies of the decade so far. Now I think this one deserves the Oscar a bit more than AtSV.
Also the theatre was 90% booked and I blocked one Single seat in the middle that was left the whole time so I can then pay for it at the Box Office today and as I was almost in line to pay a girl in her 20s approached me and asked if I would like to see the movie with her and her friends for free as they had one Ticket left. :-o Of course I agreed and payed for the salty Popcorn lol. And they were really really nice! :) We talked alot about Ghibli movies and more. And at the end as everyone left we found a full xxl bucket of Popcorn and as it was sweet I got it all for myself (so at the end everything was for free) (maybe it was poisoned but we will find out in a few days :wink: ). This was a magical experience! Something like this never happened to me. It felt too good to be true. Wow. Just wow. What a magical day. :D
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Iโ€™m so happy for you The Disneynerd! :D It was really nice of them to give you one of their tickets and what you wrote reminded me of a similar experience I had in the cinema but instead of buying a ticket, I was buying a bucket of popcorn. It was also full in the cinema I was watching the movie which was a good sign, even if I was struggling to find the right place to sit since the middle seats (the seats that I like to sit in the cinema) are all taken! :huh:
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse has won the Critics' Choice Award for Best Animated Feature. That's disappointing. :( I was rooting for The Boy and the Heron.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:50 am Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse has won the Critics' Choice Award for Best Animated Feature. That's disappointing. :( I was rooting for The Boy and the Heron.
Yeah, me too.

Oh well. There's always the Oscars...
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:50 am Iโ€™m so happy for you The Disneynerd! :D It was really nice of them to give you one of their tickets and what you wrote reminded me of a similar experience I had in the cinema but instead of buying a ticket, I was buying a bucket of popcorn. It was also full in the cinema I was watching the movie which was a good sign, even if I was struggling to find the right place to sit since the middle seats (the seats that I like to sit in the cinema) are all taken! :huh:
Thank you MoonMarc!!! :-D I will remember this day for a long time! Yeah and I also love the seats in the middle with a full audience (since its cool to have audience reactions with surround sound :P , makes the experience way better, so i feel for you). I can imagine that the GG win also helped propelling the ticket sales up. still glad you also had the opportunity to see it, but maybe u can go again in hope of catching a perfect middle seat, as im also thinking of going again.
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:21 am
Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:50 am Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse has won the Critics' Choice Award for Best Animated Feature. That's disappointing. :( I was rooting for The Boy and the Heron.
Yeah, me too.

Oh well. There's always the Oscars...
True, the Oscars are one of the most important awards anyways, but still glad AtSV got some recognition with its CCA win :)
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:14 am
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:50 am Iโ€™m so happy for you The Disneynerd! :D It was really nice of them to give you one of their tickets and what you wrote reminded me of a similar experience I had in the cinema but instead of buying a ticket, I was buying a bucket of popcorn. It was also full in the cinema I was watching the movie which was a good sign, even if I was struggling to find the right place to sit since the middle seats (the seats that I like to sit in the cinema) are all taken! :huh:
Thank you MoonMarc!!! :-D I will remember this day for a long time! Yeah and I also love the seats in the middle with a full audience (since its cool to have audience reactions with surround sound :P , makes the experience way better, so i feel for you). I can imagine that the GG win also helped propelling the ticket sales up. still glad you also had the opportunity to see it, but maybe u can go again in hope of catching a perfect middle seat, as im also thinking of going again.
Ahahahahaha :lol: Oh how I wish I can do that, rewatching the same movie in cinemas. But given that Iโ€™m still a teenager younger than you and I donโ€™t have a working job yet, Iโ€™ll just catch it when it comes on a streaming service like Netflix or Max hehehehe Also, youโ€™re welcome The Disneynerd! :D This year has given youย a great start, even for me! Hopefully, it can continue onward for both of us. :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The BAFTA nominations for Animated Film are out. Across the Spider-Verse was also nominated for Original Score.
Best Animated Film

The Boy and the Heron
Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget
Elemental
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Source: https://twitter.com/BAFTA/status/1747953535147262424
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:04 am
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:14 am Thank you MoonMarc!!! I will remember this day for a long time! Yeah and I also love the seats in the middle with a full audience (since its cool to have audience reactions with surround sound :P , makes the experience way better, so i feel for you). I can imagine that the GG win also helped propelling the ticket sales up. still glad you also had the opportunity to see it, but maybe u can go again in hope of catching a perfect middle seat, as im also thinking of going again.
Ahahahahaha :lol: Oh how I wish I can do that, rewatching the same movie in cinemas. But given that Iโ€™m still a teenager younger than you and I donโ€™t have a working job yet, Iโ€™ll just catch it when it comes on a streaming service like Netflix or Max hehehehe
Yeah I also NEVER watched movies in theatres twice. I also dont reallyyy have the money for that, but It was just because someone I knew gave me hints that the he wanted to see it with me but *false alarm* :embarrassed: :goofy: :shifty: (yikes). Anyways i still have my magical theatre experience (and turns out the magical stray xxl Popcorn with no owner๐Ÿ•โ€๐Ÿฆบwasnt poisoned because im still here yayyy :party: )
Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:22 pm The BAFTA nominations for Animated Film are out. Across the Spider-Verse was also nominated for Original Score.
Best Animated Film

The Boy and the Heron
Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget
Elemental
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Source: https://twitter.com/BAFTA/status/1747953535147262424
happy for Spiderverse! The Soundtrack was really remarkable and memorable, especially Miguels theme

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:04 am Also, youโ€™re welcome The Disneynerd! This year has given youย a great start, even for me! Hopefully, it can continue onward for both of us. :D
Yes! Im also very happy for you! :D and its still only January... lets make it the best year!!!! :rock: :banana:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

I hope The Boy and the Heron or Robot Dreams wins that award over the overrated animator-overworking-and-near-killing Across The Spider-Verse.

We need to send Disney a message that they should go back to making hand-drawn animated features. And rooting for 1 of these 2 films to win is the only way left to make that happen.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm glad The Boy and the Heron and Robot Dreams made the cut. A bit surprised to see Nimona among the nominees given it had very little momentum this award season. It's a shame Suzume or some other foreign or indie film didn't take that spot instead in a year with such weak Hollywood contenders.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I would have happily taken Suzume over Nimona, but I'm just glad that Elemental made the cut. Don't need it to win, I just would have been fuming if its detractors had been given more ammunition.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:03 pm I would have happily taken Suzume over Nimona, but I'm just glad that Elemental made the cut. Don't need it to win, I just would have been fuming if its detractors had been given more ammunition.
There is a chance, albeit small, that it could pull a Brave and make a surprise win of that award.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

once upon a studio not even nominated? what a joke.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm more disappointed that John Musker's I'm Hip wasn't nominated, to be honest.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:47 am I'm more disappointed that John Musker's I'm Hip got snubbed, to be honest.
Same.
Why does it feel like the Academy resents anyone who had anything to do with the Disney Renaissance?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Because they do. The animation and short film branch is overflown with Pixar and other CG filmmakers who resent or look down on the Disney Renaissance.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

I feel bad that I'm Hip and The Brave Locomotive didn't get nominated for their respective awards. Granted, I didn't see them, but they were looking enjoyable enough, but seeing as how Sotiris said that the animation branch (feature length and short film) is full of CGI heads, they never stood a chance either way. :(