Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2019-Present

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2019

Post by Farerb »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Since I'm new to Blu-ray, how likely are these to have new bonus features from the previous releases?
I think they are likely to be the same. I personally will only buy these films if they are released on 4K, otherwise I'm content with the previous releases.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Have both films been confirmed to get 4K editions? I can see Tangled getting one but the other seems unlikely. There isn't really much demand for it.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Have both films been confirmed to get 4K editions? I can see Tangled getting one but the other seems unlikely. There isn't really much demand for it.
No, not yet.
I can see them releasing it on 4K since Pixar are releasing their lesser films on 4K.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

The Frozen cover is awesome. :D But Tangled and The Princess and the Frog look awful.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

farerb wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Have both films been confirmed to get 4K editions? I can see Tangled getting one but the other seems unlikely. There isn't really much demand for it.
No, not yet.
I can see them releasing it on 4K since Pixar are releasing their lesser films on 4K.
Pixar has a smaller library and they invest a lot of time and effort on the physical releases for each of their films. Even the lesser ones get a wide plethora of bonus features and each film gets disc art. Disney is much more selective on what comes to 4K so far and even with their general Blu-Ray releases, we've seen they don't bother much. A huge blockbuster like Frozen get a scanty offering of bonus features for example.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
farerb wrote: No, not yet.
Pixar has a smaller library and they invest a lot of time and effort on the physical releases for each of their films. Even the lesser ones get a wide plethora of bonus features and each film gets disc art. Disney is much more selective on what comes to 4K so far and even with their general Blu-Ray releases, we've seen they don't bother much. A huge blockbuster like Frozen get a scanty offering of bonus features for example.
Yeah I guess Disney is more unpredictable than Pixar when it comes to home releases. But I don't think they have to work that hard releasing digital films on 4K, it's just a matter of upscaling them and applying HDR. They don't even need to create new bonus material since 4K discs don't have any. They inly need to release them with the already existing Blu-ray disc and it's done.
But honestly I don't know what they plan.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

farerb wrote:
Yeah I guess Disney is more unpredictable than Pixar when it comes to home releases. But I don't think they have to work that hard releasing digital films on 4K, it's just a matter of upscaling them and applying HDR. They don't even need to create new bonus material since 4K discs don't have any. They inly need to release them with the already existing Blu-ray disc and it's done.
But honestly I don't know what they plan.
It shouldn't be hard to release digital films but we've seen how they've messed up BATB with the same errors and incorrect colors on two consecutive physical releases now. Not to mention the shoddy treatment that The Rescuers Down Under and both Goofy movies got with their restorations. The new covers for Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians just further confirms to me that Disney has no interest in their home video releases anymore so I'm not expecting 4K for any of their animated catalog films beyond the Big 4 from the 90s and Tangled onwards.
ImageImage
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

We now have a date for the release of Frozen (2013) in 4K: October 1st, 2019

https://www.hdmoviesource.com/product-p/12599.htm
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The Pixar films are available for pre order on Amazon. I also heard that the rest of the Pixar films might be released in November.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

I’m surprised The Black Cauldron, Make Mine Music and Melody Time have never been innovative bluray and Disney has not attempted to release them!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

MickeyMouseboy wrote:I’m surprised The Black Cauldron, Make Mine Music and Melody Time have never been innovative bluray and Disney has not attempted to release them!
Rumor has it that Disney was very pleased with the sales of Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros as a DMC Exclusive Blu-Ray and that they're planning a similar release for Make Mine Music/Melody Time.

As for The Black Cauldron, shockingly enough, Disney still has plans on remaking the series in live-action so the common belief is that Disney will release the animated film on Blu-Ray then as cross-promotion. It's the same reason that they took so long to release 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on Blu-Ray because they had plans on remaking that film as well but the remake was kept in development hell for so long that Disney must have realized it was never going to happen.
ImageImage
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

JeanGreyForever wrote: Rumor has it that Disney was very pleased with the sales of Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros as a DMC Exclusive Blu-Ray and that they're planning a similar release for Make Mine Music/Melody Time.
It's been nearly two years since the release of the former, though. What could be taking them so long to release the latter?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Hardbackyoyo wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: Rumor has it that Disney was very pleased with the sales of Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros as a DMC Exclusive Blu-Ray and that they're planning a similar release for Make Mine Music/Melody Time.
It's been nearly two years since the release of the former, though. What could be taking them so long to release the latter?
Honestly, I don't know. I think part of the reason for the gap is because they ended up releasing both Goofy Movies through the DMC pretty recently so they may want to stagger their animated releases. I'd like to think that we'll get Make Mine Music/Melody Time by next year but with Disney, there's never any guarantee.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Zootopia and Moana will be released in 4K on November 5th.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

farerb wrote:The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Zootopia and Moana will be released in 4K on November 5th.
Really?? That's great!
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Now, what about Beauty and the Beast?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

They are using the same hideous cover. The others will probably be the same.
Attachments
ECwwn8IUUAA0E_4.jpg
ECwwn8IUUAA0E_4.jpg (14.68 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Hardbackyoyo wrote:Now, what about Beauty and the Beast?
Lol, this is the real question.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

There is no way they are releasing all the Revival films and 3/4 from the big Renaissance and not Beauty and the Beast.
I'm pretty certain it'll come out by November 26th.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

farerb wrote:The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Zootopia and Moana will be released in 4K on November 5th.
Awesome, another traditional animated movie will be released in 4K by the end of the year!