Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Post by JeanGreyForever »

For anyone who feared (or was hoping) that TLJ would be retconned away by TROS as it messed with Abrams' plans, here's a nice video to put things in perspective.

https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1165748181965168643
“The story that we’re telling, the story that we started to conceive when we did The Force Awakens was allowed to continue. Episode VIII didn’t really derail anything...”
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Do you think they will ever reveal what the original plan was for Leia in this final film ? Or just leave us with her cameo / whatever they are sorting out for her.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I just sent that video to the hubby; thank you! I wonder if J.J. regrets not doing Ep. 8....

I wonder about Leia, too, Atlantica!
blackcauldron85

Disney accidentally drops major Rey spoiler in “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”
https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/disn ... oiler-ba1/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Atlantica wrote:Do you think they will ever reveal what the original plan was for Leia in this final film ? Or just leave us with her cameo / whatever they are sorting out for her.
J.J. Abrams had this to say about Carrie Fisher in the final film. So I think her role will be bigger than we expect and certainly more than a cameo. I imagine, sometime after the film is released and the sequel trilogy has settled down, we'll hear more about the original plan for Leia.
“The character of Leia is really, in a way, the heart of this story,” Abrams said. “We realized we could not possibly tell the end of these nine films without Leia. We realized that we had footage from Episode VII,’and we could use it in a new way.”
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/star ... 203313178/
blackcauldron85 wrote:I just sent that video to the hubby; thank you! I wonder if J.J. regrets not doing Ep. 8....
I remember you mentioned that your husband wasn't a big fan of TLJ. I posted some links in TLJ thread about how the film isn't nearly as divisive as it's been made out to be. I'm curious what his take is on that.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ I'm not sure if he watched it yet...World of Warcraft Classic just came out, and that is all he's doing when not at work...when he has time, I'm going to just show him what you posted in the thread (thank you!!!).
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Of course! I hope he enjoys his game :)
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Major spoilers. The first two are from very credible sources and have been verified by other credible sources. The last link is composed of leaks from months ago that track up well with the new stuff.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/08/huge ... um=ios_app
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/ ... erm=cxmfsv
http://removeddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/c ... episode_9/
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ That last link wouldn't load for me. But Endor and Ahch-to!!! Ewoks + Porgs!!! I'm so happy!!! I'm not surprised about Ben Solo coming aroynd- I'm completely good with that. And I really like the idea of Luke's + Leia's light sabers = Rey's!!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

The last link takes a while to load so I'll just post it here. Keep in mind that this was leaked 6 months ago.
Just to preface this. I work in advertising. A lot of my colleagues have friends over in CA and one of my editors is friends with someone who happens to be close with an employee of LF. Unfortunately thats all I know. But two years ago, he was yapping with us about some concepts from TLJ that were do detailed and then I saw them on the screen.

I dont normally do leaks, but here they are. Take it for what it is.

Leak One: Han will appear to Kylo Ren at some point as a vision and it will set him off into a fit of rage.

Leak Two: Luke, as a force ghost, will catch Anakins lightsaber when Rey throws it at him. Its almost the antithesis of the TLJ moment. It shocks Rey.

Leak Three: Palpatine will be back in some form. I guess he has been filmed BUT I have no idea if thats a flashback, force ghost, etc.

Leak Four: In the beginning of the film, Leia will somehow be training Rey a little.
I love the idea of Rey inheriting Luke and Leia's lightsabers too! And how Kylo and Rey will use those two lightsabers during the final battle.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ Thank you so much!! :)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ Thank you again! I'm good with this. Especially Luke and Rey's conversation. I can imagine people complaining that some of this is "rehashed" (Vader/Luke = Palpatine/Rey, Finn = Jannah). But I think I'm good with it. How do you feel??
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I was actually hoping that Rey might be a descendant of Palpatine. Skywalker/Solo both seemed unlikely at this piont and I've never understood the appeal of making her a Kenobi. There was an old book series way back in Legends called the Jedi Prince series where a young boy turns out to be Palpatine's grandson. Luke served as a mentor to him since he was struggling with his identity and I always felt that could work for Rey as well, especially since we've seen her go dark in the last few films but we've never touched upon those moments beyond that. It also makes Rey a nice inverse of Kylo since he comes from the greatest good but still turned dark while Rey would be born of the darkness and still choose the light.

Some have speculated that Jannah might be Finn's sister from before he was torn away from his family and recruited into the First Order. But that doesn't seem to be the case if she's a fellow stormtrooper who broke away, unless the idea is that both were siblings torn from their family at the same time.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

More leaks on Leia's role in the film. Sounds like she'll have a very lengthy role and J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy have purposefully been downplaying her presence in the film to surprise viewers.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/09/rumo ... er-begins/
https://makingstarwars.net/2019/05/rumo ... skywalker/
ImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Now that sounds really exciting ! :pink:
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I’m very tempted to read these spoilers, but after accidentally spoiling The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi for myself, I’m going to wait it out to read these.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyJedi wrote:I’m very tempted to read these spoilers, but after accidentally spoiling The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi for myself, I’m going to wait it out to read these.
I don't blame you. I spoiled myself on TFA, Rogue One, TLJ, and Solo and I still lack the self-restraint to overlook spoilers lol.

BTW more spoilers, these ones focused more on the supporting characters like Finn, Poe, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Rose, etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/ ... erm=d4boq0

I'm very glad that C-3PO won't be dying and same with Chewbacca. I hope the same is true for R2 though because we haven't heard or seen anything of him. I'm curious if Poe might be killed off too although unlikely.
ImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Heavy spoilers from the same guy who leaked the lengthiest treatment so far. This is just Part 1/3 and the other two parts should be coming out over the next few days or weeks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/ ... erm=d5i0ye

Looks like Jannah might be Lando's daughter so far, but I can't help but wonder at the discrepancies of Lando's story. It almost sounds more like the big reveal won't be Palpatine is Rey's grandfather but in fact, Luke is Rey's father and Lando is just covering up this story.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

:-o Chewy :-o