Inside Out 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Inside Out 2

Post by MoonMarc21 »

A teaser of the full body designs of the new emotions:
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (81.82 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

New spot for Inside Out 2: https://youtu.be/aYRnM4nyuKs?si=kH5VL4Tvuryuyr4W.

Not sure if this is the Super Bowl spot, but if not, at least theyโ€™re making sure they donโ€™t forget to market it.
friendoftheotherside

Post by friendoftheotherside »

That teaser was very disappointing. We didnโ€™t even get to see the new emotions. But apparently this is Ennui:

https://x.com/anabell32406707/status/17 ... 58672?s=61
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

I think this is the only Disney movie I'm gonna be watching this year and I consider it Pixar which is why I'm watching. first one gives me the feels :oops:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

When we look back into Mom's head in the trailer, we do in fact see that she does not have the extra emotions in her head. I guess this all but confirms that these extra emotions do not survive to adulthood. I can't wait for this film's climax where we get to see Joy and team killing off Anxiety. :) :) :) :P
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Just like with Lightyear, it seems Disney is trying to offset having to use a white character as the lead for one of their franchise films by making every single new one a character of color. All of Riley's friends are conspicuously and conveniently non-white. Is it because Pixar has a set quota they need to reach for every film or is it due to the ideological beliefs of the creatives there? Either way, it's really blatant and comes off as calculated and inauthentic.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

The Inside Out movies are set in San Francisco, one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the US.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

UmbrellaFish wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:29 am The Inside Out movies are set in San Francisco, one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the US.
This. ^
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:29 amThe Inside Out movies are set in San Francisco, one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the US.
If you want to argue in favor of this practice, then do just that. There's definitely a worthy argument to be made. But let's not insult people's intelligence by pretending Disney's doing this to be accurate to the demographics of the setting. What was the reasoning behind Lightyear's cast then? What setting were they trying to adhere to there?

The fact is, San Francisco is still majority white and Riley having one (1) white friend wouldn't have been inaccurate the city's racial makeup. We all know Disney has no problem changing a setting if they deem it too white, so they clearly don't care about staying true to a locale. Not to mention, their diversity and inclusion standards for content have been widely documented. This practice is clearly politically/ideologically-driven. Argue for or against, but don't deny the truth.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Stop reading right wing gossip mills and touch grass.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Is that the return of John Ratzenburger at the end there? I thought he was quietly blacklisted from doing Pixar cameos. If so, I have so many questions. Why did they stop, why did they reverse course?

And good lord people, I'm against forced diversity when it really does feel like checking a box, but there's no reason she has to have a white friend. I'm white, and don't even have any really. My closest friends are middle eastern, Puerto-Rican, and Chinese.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Kyle wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:39 pmAnd good lord people, I'm against forced diversity when it really does feel like checking a box, but there's no reason she has to have a white friend. I'm white, and don't even have any really. My closest friends are middle eastern, Puerto-Rican, and Chinese.
I wasn't saying she has to have a white friend. I was simply stating a pattern I observed. With the exception of Luca, all recent Pixar protagonists are characters of color (Soul, Turning Red, Elemental, Elio). The two who aren't (Lightyear, Inside Out 2) are based on older films and therefore stuck with white protagonists. In both of those cases, all the new characters are characters of color. That's unlikely to be a coincidence. It's probably a conscious decision they made to make up for having a white lead.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Do you even know what you're arguing against/for or is this another one of your "express outrage then think of arguments for said outrage"-moments? You said that Riley not having at least one white friend feels "calculated and inauthentic"; ergo, what we can deduce is that in your opinion she should have at least one white friend so it would feel organic and something you would not have issues with. But now your position is:
I wasn't saying she has to have a white friend.
You kinda did, otherwise you would not have made the original post.

Make it make sense. :brick:
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Coming from someone who is also occasionally irritated by Hollywood's performativity toward things like inclusion and diversity, I don't know, sometimes I think it's okay to call it out from time to time, especially low-level gestures that barely move the needle, if at all. Keeps consumers and producers on their toes. I only think it's annoying if the person is building an entire soap box on it, which I definitely don't think Sotiris is doing.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Then you may not have been following his other posts closely. He just so happens to have reservations about randomest of things only when they concern minorities, whether they have been "upgraded" to main characters, or they're supporting characters (like in Inside Out 2 and apparently Lightyear too, because God forbid people in the future are over current Earthly issues. Damn you progress!).

Performativity IS a major issue, nobody here argues against that. Like the "exclusive gay moment" in the live-action Beauty and the Beast, or the random Black bookstore owner in a random, god-forsaken French village from the same movie. Neither of those portrayals benefitted groups they were supposed to represent. Those are legitimate things that should be called out, and obvious easy diversity quota points.

Having a diverse group of friends in a city/country/century known for diversity is not performative, it's reflective of the society the movie portrays. Even if there was some agenda ( :roll: ) behind it, what exactly is wrong with showing that it's okay to have friends of different backgrounds? Sometimes this forum feels like being in the '60s and we're here discussing the Kirk/Uhura kiss.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

How old is Riley in this movie and how old was she in the original?

What strikes me the most about this trailer is how it has a different tone than the original, seems to be more high school comedy while the original had a little bit weight to it with all the family drama, I'm not sure they'll be able to repeat the same emotional resonance as the original, like what's going to break Riley this time? I also wonder if they are going to feature her boyfriend or explain what happened to him.

I still feel this entire concept, while imaginative, is basically little people controlling humans as if they were robots. I did enjoy the original, though it is not among my favorites, so I still plan to go to this. While my oldest nephew had no interest in Wish, he is interested in this movie.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

I havent been so excited for a Pixar movie since Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4. Its the only one that really deserved a sequel since I2, although the execution was kinda meh. Wasnt bad tho. Inside Out 2 really has the potential to be great, maybe even better than the first, especially since Teens are the most dramatic and emotional and desperately try to fit in.
PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:00 pm When we look back into Mom's head in the trailer, we do in fact see that she does not have the extra emotions in her head. I guess this all but confirms that these extra emotions do not survive to adulthood. I can't wait for this film's climax where we get to see Joy and team killing off Anxiety. :) :) :) :P
I thought so too. Those new emotions will fade or rust over the years, but its still kinda weird if they completely dissapear, since i believe that Adults even in their 30s or 40s can feel anxiety and embarassment, not as strong as teens, but still. :eyebrow: :eye: lgm
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 pm How old is Riley in this movie and how old was she in the original?
in the first she was 11 and in the sequel 13

And Since fear was gonna be the twist villain in the first, I wonder if he might Team up with Anxiety and the other Teen emotions, since Fear and especially Anxiety are one of the most powerful emotions during Teen years. Im really really curious about the emotional hook of the storyline, since they cant play it off like in the original that Joy and the gang has to learn that those teenage emotions are valueble, because unlike sadness, those arent benefitial at all, since they lead to spontanious decisions out of anxiety and more.

Also Joy was usually in charge of my head, but a few months ago Ennui and Anxiety kidnapped all the emotions and teamed up with Sadness to rule the small kingdom of lil brainy.๐Ÿ˜ฑCome on guys you can still make it out of that Dungeon.๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’” Ok just kidding in charge of my head is quirky๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅต :pink:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 pmWhat strikes me the most about this trailer is how it has a different tone than the original, seems to be more high school comedy while the original had a little bit weight to it with all the family drama, I'm not sure they'll be able to repeat the same emotional resonance as the original, like what's going to break Riley this time?
I noticed that too. It seems much more slight in thematic heft and more derivative with the whole 'teenager having to choose between her old friends and the new cool girl' plot which has been done to death. It looks more like your average teen story than a Pixar film. Also, is it me or does the animation look a little off? Is Pixar using non-photorealistic rendering to some degree for this film?
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 pmI also wonder if they are going to feature her boyfriend or explain what happened to him.
I doubt her boyfriend will be featured. The film looks very female-relationship-focused. Hopefully, he'll at least be acknowledged in some way for continuity's sake.