Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by Farerb »

Andrew Burnap Talks About His Role in Disney’s Live-Action ‘Snow White’
"That was something that I did the old-fashioned way. I auditioned for it and they said they liked me, so that was quite an easy yes. I think being a part of something as grand and iconic and beloved as Snow White is another dream come true. I get to play a whole new character which is so fun and working with Rachel and Gal was an absolute dream and Marc Webb, our director, is such a great guy and has such a clear vision for this beloved fairy tale. It’s a new story in the sense that it’s no longer a princess waiting to be saved by a prince, but a princess waiting to be saved by herself and finding her voice, her strength and her courage and actually, in the end, saving everyone around her. So I just had an absolute blast working on that. And I think Rachel is truly a once-in-a-generation talent and I hope people will be as moved by what she did as I was."
"I would say that Jonathan is less of a full-on prince and more of a reluctant hero. I guess that’s all I can say right now.”
https://thedisinsider.com/2023/04/14/an ... now-white/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

So, he's still a prince in the remake? Then I don't understand why they're presenting him as a new character. Why can't he be a reinvented version of the same old one like Snow White?
Disney's Divinity wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:28 pm I actually think it confirms they will be there. From the title, it sounds like it's later in the film, when Snow White realizes the error of her ways and recognizes that waiting on wishes to simply come true isn't enough, that she'll have to do something, too. Sort of the counterpoint to "I'm Wishing" early in the film. I don't think they'd make a song like that one unless they wanted it there to counterbalance the other songs.

At least I hope so. I don't care about SMPWC, but "I'm Wishing / One Song" is the best song in the movie for me.
That would be a clever way of including the original songs. I hope you're right about it. However, like I recently said about Wendy and Tinker Bell's rivalry in the Peter Pan & Wendy thread, I don't know if Disney is willing to keep something considered problematic in a remake nowadays, even if the message is "corrected" later in the film. They might be worried little girls could sing the songs on their own, for example, and get the wrong message.
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Well, looks the latina actress who plays Snow White and made sure everyone knows she won't wear make up to be pale like Snow White is supposed to be, isn't happy about Nani being a light skinned hawaiian as she liked tweets who criticize the casting saying race is important in Lilo and Stitch :lol:

Not that I disagree about nani, but the hypocrisy is what gets me :lol:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

She comes across as such a rhymes with witch!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:52 pmSo, he's still a prince in the remake? Then I don't understand why they're presenting him as a new character. Why can't he be a reinvented version of the same old one like Snow White?
I don't think he'll be a prince at all. Just a Robin Hood rip-off. I hope I'm wrong though and he turns out to be a prince in disguise or something like that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:45 pm I don't think he'll be a prince at all. Just a Robin Hood rip-off. I hope I'm wrong though and he turns out to be a prince in disguise or something like that.
I thought that by saying his character was "less of a full-on prince and more of a reluctant hero" he was confirming it was still a prince, but maybe I'm misinterpreting that line.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Now that everyone is done with The Little Mermaid, we can finally focus on bitching about this one until it comes out :P
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Farerb wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:14 pm Now that everyone is done with The Little Mermaid, we can finally focus on bitching about this one until it comes out :P
Here am I; send me.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This one always looked better than TLM though because of Gal Gadot being involved, so that film makes me think this one is less likely to be terrible after that one. But overall I'm not attached to SW like I am other films. Even in non-Disney versions of the tale, the Queen has always been the only interesting part of it. I'd say the Queen in Walt's version is actually one of my less favorite versions even if she's still the highlight of that film--I like Sigourney Weaver's, Lana Parilla's, and Charlize Theron's versions of that character better, tbh.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Rachel Zegler revealed the other day that the forest scene where Snow White is scared will be in the movie. So we now have confirmation of two sequences that will be in it; this one and "Whistle While You Work".
it was honestly exposure therapy for me but yes it’s there in all her scary forest glory!
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyLABR/status/1 ... 8169273347
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

What is exposure therapy? How was the scary woods that for her?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Ooooo, nice!!! I love that sequence in the animated movie. I'm really excited they included it in the remake.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I always loved that combination of animation (Snow White was so beautiful even scared out of her mind) and music.
When I was little I used to play the music LOUD and run around the house with a blanket safety pinned around my neck like her cape, pretending to be Snow White- do ya think my parents had a clue then that their 8 year old son was queer?🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m sure the live action will f**k that sequence up!
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

Apparently this is the first póster
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs79ulBOkJf ... I4NDBkZg==
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^That's fan made.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

That explains everything because I only saw it in that ig profile
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I also thought it was official, it's very well made.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I wondered if it could he real, too. I thought it was a good poster.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I agree with all of you, it was a nice poster.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

A sneak peek at the ‘SNOW WHITE’ live-action remake has been showcased at CineEurope.

A first trailer can be expected to release within the next weeks.

https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/sta ... DmTxg&s=19