Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by Thumper_93 »

There is a photo of Gal’s doll with a better quality but I can not find it. Her crown is like iridscent and I don't like it at all
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here's a better look at the alleged Snow White doll: https://twitter.com/brancadenevebra/sta ... 8448235582

According to some fans, Mattel is taking down the pictures, which could mean they're legit. I don't know about the Evil Queen doll, though.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Those pics are better. Damn it, I kinda want it.

Amazed that the oldest Disney movie is going to have the most faithful costume design in its remake, at least with Snow White.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Imagine this film honoring the animated film's costumes but nothing else ...
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

An ugly crown. What is that in her hand? A wand?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I guess it's a scepter. What I don't know is what that green thing under her chin is. Is it a bird? A ghost?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

D82 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:41 pm I guess it's a scepter. What I don't know is what that green thing under her chin is. Is it a bird? A ghost?
Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s symbolic of envy.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Oh, yes, that's very likely.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That is an ugly crown. But the outfit itself is quite lovely. Snow White kinda looks like the original one.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The film cost over $200 million to produce and that doesn't include post-production or marketing. :shock:

Why Disney’s ‘Snow White’ Remake Must Gross $340 Million
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinere ... 0-million/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

They need to stop spending so much on these movies, then getting surprised when they dont bring in that much. This didnt need to cost that much.
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Sotiris wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:19 pm The film cost over $200 million to produce and that doesn't include post-production or marketing. :shock:

The budget is 168 not over 200M, it says that they had a tax break and that happens with all movies, the final budget is the one reported, so 168

And yes that includes post production, the budget always includes post production

Such a basic thing to know
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Some fans have noticed the Snow White doll wears a heart-shaped pendant necklace. We could see the chain of the necklace in the set photo of Rachel Zegler in costume. I guess it'll have some importance in the story. Perhaps it's a gift from her mother or father?

Regarding the Evil Queen doll, if that's indeed her official outfit, I find it a bit underwhelming. And it's true the crown is a bit weird and too big. It reminds me of the White Witch's crown from Narnia. Although, it's just a doll; perhaps it will all look better in the film. Plus, she's rumored to wear several dresses during the movie; maybe the others will be better.

I don't think this has been posted either; according to the DisInsider Alan Tudyk has been added to the cast in an unknown role, which they think could be the Magic Mirror. Apparently, they also said the following songs from the original would be in the remake:

- Heigh Ho
- Whistle While You Work
- I'm Wishing
- With a Smile and a Song
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Sotiris wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:19 pm The film cost over $200 million to produce and that doesn't include post-production or marketing. :shock:

Ouch. :lol: :lol: :lol: It might have a chance. People might be turned off by Rachel Zegler and the woke magical creatures, but who knows. This might still have a chance. If Disney knows how to market it properly.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Pokenonbinary wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:37 pmThe budget is 168 not over 200M, it says that they had a tax break and that happens with all movies, the final budget is the one reported, so 168.
The reported production budget so far is $209.3 million. Any tax credits or rebates Disney gets are not subtracted from said budget. They are simply used to calculate profitability thresholds. Almost all of Disney's live-action movies get them, but those amounts are not subtracted when reporting on a film's budget. For example, despite Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania getting a tax break in the amount of $36 million, its budget was still reported as being $200 million by the trades.
Pokenonbinary wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:37 pmAnd yes that includes post production, the budget always includes post production.
It only includes the post-production done up until that point, but it's common knowledge that costs for post-production in VFX-heavy or blockbuster films increase the closer a film gets to its release deadline, something that was even stated in the article I posted.
Its costs are likely to rise sharply as more than a year of post-production still had to be done after the date of the financial statements.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I just saw an article on Facebook talking about Rachel Zegler in the new Hunger Games movie. Does the movie's director actually think she's gonna be better than Jennifer Lawrence? I mean, really? :lol: :lol: :lol: She's a good singer, but a mediocre actress at best.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Better look at the Evil Queen doll. Well, people say the other photo was of a prototype and this is the final doll. Here she has a vulture on her arm instead of a crow, and we can see the back of her cape. Also, it seems her crown is made of stained glass. I have to say I like the look more now.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

D82 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:45 am Better look at the Evil Queen doll. Well, people say the other photo was of a prototype and this is the final doll. Here she has a vulture on her arm instead of a crow, and we can see the back of her cape. Also, it seems her crown is made of stained glass. I have to say I like the look more now.
Me, too. I’m hoping the raven with the last version and the vulture with this one mean both birds will be in the remake as they both appear in the animated movie.