General Discussion Archived

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

General Discussion Archived

Post by Prince Phillip »

Do you plan on archiving any of the posts, say all the posts form April?
I have noticed that the posts pages have been growing. I think you should, that is if you want to, keep all posts so people can go back and look at those just to see what topics were being discussed and all, but I would suggest archiving them by month. For Example:
It is June, so keep all May and June posts, on the "fresh/current" board, but put a URL on the bottem that says "April" where people can access the posts from April. And then in July Archive May, otherwise it seems there will be sooo many posts, or pages of posts, it might overwhelm some people. I don't know, just a thought, keep it in mind :wink: :) :D .
Defy Gravity
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I think the way it is now is working okay, particularly since certain topics are bound to crop up from time-to-time, and it's nice to have all the discussion that's around so far.

But in any event, all discussion is here to stay as long as I'm okay bandwidth and space-wise. And I think I am. Perhaps Topics with no new posts within the last 6 months or so would be good candidates for a separate Archive Forum, but for now I think I'll just leave them as is.

If I have to start trashing old threads, I'll let you know in advance, and we can make plans to archive specific important threads. I don't see this happening anytime soon, though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I really appreciate it.