Favorite Character and Work: Andreas Deja

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Your favorite Andreas Deja character?

Gurgi
3%
Roger Rabbit
8%
King Triton
8%
Gaston
No votes
Jafar
33%
Scar
15%
Hercules (Adult)
5%
Lilo
26%
Mama Odie
3%
Tigger (WtP, 2011)
No votes

Total votes: 39

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Favorite Character and Work: Andreas Deja

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I couldn't list everything an animator has worked on in the poll, so I just put the major characters. Here's a mostly full list if you need it. (If anyone has a better source to refer to, that'd be great.)

Which character is your favorite? And which character do you think was Andreas Deja's best work? (They don't have to be the same. :up: ) Do you have any specific pieces of animation that are your favorite?
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Re: Favorite Character and Work: Andreas Deja

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Lilo is definitely my favorite character that Deja created, but I think his best work might just be Jafar.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Jafar and Hercules are my two absolute favorites among the characters Andreas Deja created. I voted for Jafar though.

Jafar is my favorite among all the Disney villains, his design, costume and movements are fantastic. And Hercules is a great hero. He is so naive and sweet (and handsome;)
Last edited by Prince Edward on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Lilo for me. She is one of the sweetest little creations by Disney; a lot of that obviously comes from her writing, but she's animated so beautifully considering her dimensions. A joy to watch.

Jafar and King Triton are both superb also.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Call me predictable - but Jafar.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I didnt notice you could vote for 2 options. I voted Hercules but would have also voted for Scar...
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I couldn't list everything an animator has worked on in the poll, so I just put the major characters. Here's a mostly full list if you need it. (If anyone has a better source to refer to, that'd be great.)

Which character is your favorite? And which character do you think was Andreas Deja's best work? (They don't have to be the same. :up: ) Do you have any specific pieces of animation that are your favorite?
I like his work for Scar. You could really feel the passion and energy that he put into the character (due to his love for "The Jungle Book". I also like Jafar, Hercules and King Triton. He certainly had fun with Jafar. Hercules has a good design and Triton is fine.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Making a topic on animators was hard for me, because I'm never sure what qualifies (as far as--should I only put characters they were supervising, or should I put everything including those they worked on with other people?). It's kind of confusing me, especially throwing in that it's hard to be sure who did what (for me, anyway), but I thought it would an interesting subject.

Of course, Hercules, King Triton, and Scar are my favorite characters of his (in that order), just based on script/story. As far as animation goes, Scar definitely looks the best to me, followed by Roger and Jafar. I definitely love Scar's animation in the stampede scene--and at the end when Simba returns. The reason I've never been a fan of Jafar is mostly for design reasons (the way he looks in the more comical scenes) which isn't really the animator's fault, so I'll admit he definitely looks fantastic in the more serious scenes--like the opening, for instance, he's...dare I say it...a little bit handsome there? I'm not sure, did Deja also do most of the work of Jafar as a Cobra and a Genie, too?

Still I think he did a great job with Triton as far as visualizing such a wide array of emotions--uncertainty, doubt, rage, etc.--even if that character's outshadowed by the glamourous villains. He just hits the mark there, so that even though you can see everything going on inside Triton's head he still never loses that intimidating quality. I'm not a fan of Lilo the character, but she's very well-animated.
unprincess wrote:I didnt notice you could vote for 2 options. I voted Hercules but would have also voted for Scar...
I thought I made it so you could re-vote?
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"