Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Farerb »

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure will be released on Blu-ray next year, not sure if it's a wide release or a DMC Exclusive. It's probably not a DMC Exclusive since Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers isn't either.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

O happy day! :pink:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Farerb wrote:Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure will be released on Blu-ray next year, not sure if it's a wide release or a DMC Exclusive. It's probably not a DMC Exclusive since Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers isn't either.
Source? So Chip and dale rescue rangers was released on Blu-ray Publicly to?
Disney's Divinity

Wasn't able to make a long post this morning, or, rather, didn't want to on the phone. I'm so, so, so grateful this is happening (if it is happening)!!!! When I looked at the show on Amazon, if you bought it digitally that way it would cost close to $90 or more. A Blu-ray is something I should be able to get for $30-40 at some point. That's a normal price, imo. I just hope they do this with all the shows they already have available in HD format because of Disney+ (the The Little Mermaid series is one I know they have that format for, but I assume also the first 101 Dalmatians series from several years back). I don't know if the Aladdin, Hercules, New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh series are available on Disney+ at all, much less in HD? Does anyone who has the service know?

I never bought the individual DVDs, but I've had them bookmarked. It felt sort of pointless if you can't watch the whole thing in one go. :( I remember in the first series when Disney had hopes for the show and were treating it well, they put out some special version of the first DVD they released that included a diary with a cover / drawings in the vein of Rapunzel's drawings (Claire Keane). I do regret not getting that, but there's no way I could've known how much I'd end up liking the series in the end. Back when it started, it was just a way to pass the time.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DVD too?

Incidentally, this is GREAT news! First Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers on Blu-ray, The Proud Family Complete Series on DVD, a new Snow White Blu-ray with new extras, and now this!!!

Disney, KEEP. THIS. GOING!!!!!!!!!!
Disney's Divinity

They're doing The Proud Family, too?! :D Yay for everyone--and on Blu-ray at that, we're so lucky, thank God!
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Wasn't able to make a long post this morning, or, rather, didn't want to on the phone. I'm so, so, so grateful this is happening (if it is happening)!!!! When I looked at the show on Amazon, if you bought it digitally that way it would cost close to $90 or more. A Blu-ray is something I should be able to get for $30-40 at some point. That's a normal price, imo. I just hope they do this with all the shows they already have available in HD format because of Disney+ (the The Little Mermaid series is one I know they have that format for, but I assume also the first 101 Dalmatians series from several years back). I don't know if the Aladdin, Hercules, New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh series are available on Disney+ at all, much less in HD? Does anyone who has the service know?

I never bought the individual DVDs, but I've had them bookmarked. It felt sort of pointless if you can't watch the whole thing in one go. :( I remember in the first series when Disney had hopes for the show and were treating it well, they put out some special version of the first DVD they released that included a diary with a cover / drawings in the vein of Rapunzel's drawings (Claire Keane). I do regret not getting that, but there's no way I could've known how much I'd end up liking the series in the end. Back when it started, it was just a way to pass the time.
The new adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Hercules TV series [Hercules zero to hero is not currently on there] are currently on Disney+, All in HD of course, But Aladdin the series is not, So please keep suggesting it as well as Hercules zero to hero anyone and everyone who reads this! :-)
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:DVD too?

Incidentally, this is GREAT news! First Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers on Blu-ray, The Proud Family Complete Series on DVD, a new Snow White Blu-ray with new extras, and now this!!!

Disney, KEEP. THIS. GOING!!!!!!!!!!
Again, legitimate sources for this and Rapunzel’s tangled adventure Please?
Disney's Divinity

Patricier21 wrote: The new adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Hercules TV series [Hercules zero to hero is not currently on there] are currently on Disney+, All in HD of course, But Aladdin the series is not, So please keep suggesting it as well as Hercules zero to hero anyone and everyone who reads this! :-)
Thank you for responding! :) I wish I knew the exact source to provide it, but I don't. Hopefully someone will know.

Aladdin was always my favorite Disney show before Tangled's TV series. Well, I still think Aladdin is the best one overall compared to Tangled having a lot of filler, but I love how Tangled has a storyline that continues from beginning to ending as well as the great music / aesthetic. I genuinely wonder why Aladdin's TV series hasn't appeared on Disney+? I thought the property's power had been revived a bit after both the Broadway show and the live-action remake were majorly successful. I've read Jasmine's merchandise is more popular since the latter anyway. You think that would give Disney an incentive to add its TV series to Disney+ already.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Patricier21 wrote:
Farerb wrote:Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure will be released on Blu-ray next year, not sure if it's a wide release or a DMC Exclusive. It's probably not a DMC Exclusive since Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers isn't either.
Source? So Chip and dale rescue rangers was released on Blu-ray Publicly to?
There's no official source at the moment, only someone with inside info from blu-ray.com (they knew about the anniversaries releases of BatB, Hunchback, Atlantis and Brother Bear before they were officially announced).
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Seems like Chip 'n' Dale will be a DMC Exclusive after all so I'm guessing Tangled will be as well, in that case I probably won't get it:

Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

And here's the Blu-ray cover:
SRP: $39.95

For the first time on Blu-ray, delight in the adventure-comedy Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure - all 68 episodes! Rapunzel puts her coronation on hold to seek epic adventures with pals Eugene, Pascal, Maximus and Cassandra, her tough new lady-in-waiting. But when her long blonde hair suddenly grows back, Rapunzel must accept its magical qualities...and all that it represents! Includes the magical movie Tangled: Before Ever After.
Disney's Divinity

So I was right they were DMC exclusive. So excited! I'm definitely getting Tangled ASAP. I'll get Chip 'n' Dale eventually, too, although it's not a priority for me the way other TV series like TLM, Aladdin, Hercules, New Adventures of WtP, or Gummi Bears would be.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

These are the first full animated series Disney has released on Blu-ray? I sure hope they sell well so we'll get the rest of the Disney Afternoon shows, Pooh, TLM, Aladdin, Timon + Pumbaa, Hercules, Tarzan... I'll be getting these two new releases for sure.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I saw somewhere that the original DuckTales, its movie, and TaleSpin are coming out next. Can't really find an official source, but I will be there if true.
Disney's Divinity

^ I believe the DuckTales movie is already on Blu-ray, but I hope they packaged it with the series when they put the series on Blu-ray.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

This is confusing. DMC changed the cover of Chip 'n' Dale and it's not an exclusive after all, makes more sense considering some Canadian retailers have it to pre order as well:

Tangled hasn't changed yet, not sure it will.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I hope it's true it's not a DMC exclusive only and it'll be easier to get for fans outside the US. In any case, it's amazing they're releasing these classic shows on Blu-ray. I didn't think it was possible now that Disney has a streaming service and physical media is being replaced by digital more and more.
Disney's Divinity

In one way, it could be better if it's not DMC exclusive because it'll be more easily available. The downside is poor sales will be more criticized if it was made widely available. I'd rather they remained DMC exclusives and produced "satisfactory" sales for an exclusive if that's what will give them incentive to keep making these.

I hope it happens for all their shows, but the ones I'd probably want most are TLM, Aladdin, Hercules, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Gummi Bears, Kim Possible, Bonkers, Pepper Ann, Jungle Cubs, The Owl House, and 101 Dalmatian Street. I'd like the Lilo & Stitch series at some point since I never watched it back when, same with The Legend of Tarzan which I've only seen a few random episodes from. I sort of regret that now that I've come to enjoy L&S more over time than I did back then. And then there are live-action shows like So Weird, Brotherly Love, Lizzie McGuire, Jett Jackson, Phil of the Future, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Girl Meets World. There was also some old Alice show called Adventures of Wonderland that aired when I was a very small child that I wouldn't mind seeing again with fresh eyes. It would be a case of pure nostalgia, because I have very little memory of it other than I liked it back then. I'm confused on other things, whether Disney owns the rights to them or not, something like Smart Guy, for example. It'd be nice if they made a complete series Blu-ray releases for, say, Growing Pains and Boy Meets World.

I wouldn't say no to a Blu-ray upgrade for DuckTales even though I already have it on DVD. Thankfully I hadn't bought The Weekenders DVDs yet; I wouldn't want to have to double dip if it ends upgraded to Blu-ray at some point. I only casually enjoyed things like Chip 'n Dale, TaleSpin, Goof Troop, 101 Dalmatians, Timon & Pumbaa, and Darkwing Duck, but I'd buy them if the whole series were released. It was just the way they used to release them, one volume at a time with all of us knowing they'd give up on the releases before the shows were even done. :roll: Complete sets like this are such a huge improvement and much more worth supporting.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Here's our answer to Tangled:

It actually makes more sense to release Chip 'n' Dale through the DMC and give Tangled a wide release.