Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Sotiris »

From Disney Movie Club's Stories.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/stories/disne ... 843322103/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Between these out-of-the-blue releases, Hunchback Legacy Collection coming out of nowhere, the break from the buddy roadtrip formula in Encanto, and the Disney Princess line being refreshed back to what the original characters are actually like rather than gaudy, glittery nonsense, you can definitely feel the impact that new leadership has had on the company. What a breath of fresh air. I'm not sure who to thank, whether it's Jennifer Lee or the guy who replaced Iger or a combination of both--but thank God! I can't wait to see how this shift will positively impact Kingdom Hearts, too.

It's too bad hand-drawn animation had been so completely wiped clean from the studio while Lasseter was there. If there were some substantial remnant of what used to be, I would even have hope for another hand-drawn film being attempted or an extended hand-drawn segment in one of their films or a film attempt at the Paperman technique, but alas. :( I don't even think Menken is being blocked out anymore since he was allowed to work on Ralph Breaks the Internet; unfortunately I think it will come down to directors requesting him as in that case for him to get film work there though, but at least Lee wouldn't refuse to allow directors to choose him. That's something. It's too bad M&C are gone, they would have picked him.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ "Far From the Tree" used something like the "Paperman" process, didn't it?
Disney's Divinity

I looked the pre-order pages on DMC while I was on there cancelling the newest Featured Title, and I noticed there's no release date listed?

I had thought about going ahead and pre-ordering it and C&D together now since I have 60% off a second title, which would make the total order around $56--and $28 per set is "fair" to me considering the number of episodes / seasons each. Still, I'm holding out hope that if I get a re-start pamphlet in the mail, that maybe I could get them as two of the "free" films. From what I remember, when the last volume of DuckTales on DVD came out a year or so back, it was one of the things you could choose for free on a restart pamphlet I had received around that time. I'd much rather do that if possible even if $56-ish for both would be fair.
blackcauldron85

I received a shipping notice for mine so I guess it's currently available!
Disney's Divinity

^ Wow, already! So fast from just finding out about it to coming out!! I wonder why The Proud Family is taking longer than the others.

Did you order Chip 'N Dale, too? And (if so) they both shipped?
blackcauldron85

I pre-ordered Chip 'n Dale (it's not yet available to ship) & SW&t7D; Chip 'n Dale: "Estimated Delivery Date Coming Soon" & SW&t7D: "Estimated Delivery Date 03/22/22."
Disney's Divinity

I think this set probably does include the Short Cuts. There are sixty episodes listed on Wikipedia, then you add 1 for each of the 2-hour movies. There were six two-hour movies. 66 episodes. The nine short cuts combined (all around two or three minutes each) would be the length of two episodes or less.

I was talking elsewhere about DMC and I think I was wrong to think that the TV series would be available for "free" titles, so I think I'll just go ahead and order these now. The only way to make them reasonable is if bought together, since I have the 60% off on the second title that makes them even out at around $58 -- around $30 for each set v. $40 for one set if I only bought the one. And since both series had three seasons, it's like $10 per season. I thought about waiting until I re-started my account to do that with one of the two full-priced orders you'd have to make, but I realize that I only have 60% off because I'm VIP. I don't think that would be available to a new account, so... I'm gonna do it right now. :D :D

EDIT: Just ordered now. Now my mental conflict is over, lol.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackcauldron85

I thought that pre-orders don't count towards the 60% or 50% deals?
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:I thought that pre-orders don't count towards the 60% or 50% deals?
?? Well, it listed it as $15 in the cart when I ordered. :? :? They can't retroactively charge me more, can they? :huh: C&D had a little pre-order symbol appear beside it as I ordered, but Tangled didn't--does that mean Tangled is already in-stock? That may be the difference--that only one was a Pre-Order. And I have Free Shipping on all orders automatically.
blackcauldron85

I'm just confused. For those three titles, my email receipt shows:

Rapunzel: Price - $39.95
Chip 'n Dale: Price - $19.98
Snow White: Price - $24.99
Disney's Divinity

For me, it was:

Rapunzel: Price - $39.95
Chip 'n Dale: Price - $15.98

The 60% offer does say "One time use only" and free pin. I went back to the orders, it says Tangled is processing but C&D is "on hold." I think the offer allowed anything besides the first item to be 60% off; I had thought about getting Bambi II Blu-ray along with the above two and it was listed as 9.98 in the cart before I decided against buying anything else and deleted it.
blackcauldron85

I just Googled it and blu-ray.com says Chip 'n Dale is releasing on February 15.
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=29816
Disney's Divinity

I checked my e-mail, too, and it's still listed as 15.98. It says estimated delivery date for C&D is 1/25/22. *shrug* I believe everything will turn out alright.
Disney's Divinity

I received a shipping confirmation for Tangled on the 3rd; should be here soon then. :float:

I might hold off on The Proud Family when it comes, just to see if it might eventually be put on Blu-ray. I think it's strange both these would be Blu-ray releases--but not The Proud Family, which is much newer than C&D and I assume easier to transfer to the format? :? Weird. If they never put it on Blu-ray, I will buy the DVD set.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

If anyone here could please let me know all the special features that tangled, Chippendale, and the proud family have on their complete series box sets, and the proud family includes the movie and all that’s a initially really special features, it would be truly gratefully m appreciated :-)
Disney's Divinity

^ Will do. :)
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I received a shipping notice for mine so I guess it's currently available!
How long does it usually take for these to arrive from the DMC?
Disney's Divinity

Sotiris wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:I do hope there's an art book--that would be wonderful!
Yes, an Art of/Making of book would be great. I'd love to see all that concept art in one place and learn more about alternate or cut storylines and concepts like the moon flower or Cass being an archer. But there's no chance of that happening. Disney has never released an 'Art of' book for a Disney Channel/Disney Junior TV series. The closest thing they've done is the upcoming book about the Disney Afternoon and that took them decades to publish! Maybe by the time the live-action Tangled comes out, they'll release a book covering the entire franchise.
I was just reading back through this thread, and I saw this. Now I'm wondering if an artbook for this show may not be entirely out of the cards with the show actually having received a (miraculous) Blu-ray release. The creators certainly seem attached to this show and their fans; I think them pushing for a long time got us the Blu-ray release (or at least put it to the front of the line whenever Disney might become interested in giving TV sets a chance again), and they may be doing the same with an artbook. If it does materialize, it may still be some years off though. But I have hope! :D
blackcauldron85

Farerb wrote:How long does it usually take for these to arrive from the DMC?
I ordered Rapunzel on December 28th and it came in the mail I think on January 6th. But it wasn't a pre-order.

As far as bonus features: There are none.

Disc 1 has Tangled: Before Ever After, but it's in the episode list (if you consider this a bonus feature). The other discs all have some multi-part episodes (potential spoilers in these titles): Disc 2 has "Queen for a Day" Part 1 + Part 2. Disc 3 has two two-part episodes ("Secret of the Sun Drop" + "Beyond the Corona Walls"). Disc 4 has "Rapunzel and the Great Tree" Part 1 + Part 2. Disc 5 has two two-part episodes ("Destinies Collide" + "Rapunzel's Return"). Disc 6 has "Cassandra's Revenge" Part 1 + Part 2, & "Plus Est En Vous" Parts 1 - 3.