I'm so tired of Frozen

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Big One
Gold Classic Collection

I'm so tired of Frozen

Post by Big One »

Seriously...yikes.

Let me forward this by stating that I think Frozen is a fantastic film and deserves any praise it gets. One of Disney's bests in YEARS, even better than the already fantastic Tangled. Everything about it works, from the animation, music, characters, story, you name it.

It seems like not that long ago when it first came out, people saw the movie and a lot of opinions were split on it. I've seen people hate the movie, some people adore it, and some people just think it's ok. There's nothing wrong with this, and this is normal. People have opinions, because it's a healthy way of progressively thinking forward and we're all here on a forum to improve on our opinions in the long run by seeing things in other people's perspectives and having discussions with them. Then, the box office came out, and the movie was a smashing success. Again, this is great news! Disney is making more money than they need, but it's always good to see a good turnout for what I and many other people think is a great movie.

Then the numbers kept on going up and up. My aunt has never watched a Disney movie in her life, and all she can talk about is Frozen. Little girls are carrying Elsa dolls everywhere they go, obese women are wearing tacky Frozen t-shirts, and I see kids playing the Frozen: Free Fall game on their mom's iPad. By this point, I'm officially chilled to the bone. Then I see food products get the Frozen product placement, I see more fanart for Frozen than fucking Naruto and Sonic on deviantart, and I start seeing random tweens (boys and girls) singing "Let it Go" every second of their life. EVERY SECOND. By this point, I'm officially FROZED OUT. Then I see grown ass obese women singing "Let it Go" as they fucking shop in the store and their kids are screaming. By this point, I'm fucking PISSED.

PISSED

I've been this way for months now, just pissed off at anything Frozen related. I've watched the movie twice and enjoyed both movies, but because of it's overexposure making me sick to my stomach, I don't even want to go back to it.

...but then I realized, it's just a movie, what's to be so mad about it? I'm overreacting for sure, right?
Frozen has just been re-released theatrically, and the filmmakers have made a new six-minute short that will play in cinemas in the coming festive season. There are also rumours of a sequel and a stage musical. What can Menzel tell us of those plans?

“That they’re all in the works, ha ha!”

Is she signed up for them all?

“Ah, yeah sure… Not the stage show – I don’t know what will happen with that – but the movie hopefully. We’ll see. I’m just going along for the ride,” she says.
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... -Elsa.html

Meh...nothing but apathy at this point. I don't care, cause I'm so fucking tired of Frozen! I'm mentally and physically exhausted by this point.

Anyone feel the same way?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Re: I'm so tired of Frozen

Post by Super Aurora »

POSTING IN A BIG ONE THREAD!

Yeah I'm not mad or pissed or anything. I'm actually more baffled by the massive popularity of it It's a good film but I don't what made it reach the height it has reach.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Tangled
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tangled »

Big One wrote: Then the numbers kept on going up and up. [...] By this point, I'm officially FROZED OUT. Then I see grown ass obese women singing "Let it Go" as they fucking shop in the store and their kids are screaming. By this point, I'm fucking PISSED.
That's just the thing though. Other people have deeply connected with Frozen and its characters. I really can't find a single reason to be angry about that. Sure, I might not care for the movie as much as they do, but my single opinion doesn't matter. I still feel happy when I see others (kids especially) that adore something so much. I felt a similar adoration when I was little towards Aladdin, and back then, Disney still marketed their films as cashcows and pimped out merchandise like crazy. There's no difference, except that Aladdin has aged to become a nostalgic classic, while Frozen only has had a year.

Still, I was personally speculating that Big Hero 6 would take some of Frozen's spotlight away, but it really hasn't, at least not yet. Give it time. Again, it's only been a year. Nothing worth being upset about.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

I'm sorry, but I'm beyond happy that a Walt Disney Animation Studios Movie has finally some attention...

I mean, look at Wreck-It Ralph, who remembers that movie?
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Frozen was, and is, so good for Disney. Finally, a Disney film in popularity not seen since the days of The Lion King! That is incredibly great! And Disney should celebrate it very much, because it is so much worth celebrating. They should celebrate all they can.

And they are complying to the desires of the fans. It is supply and demand. Yes, perhaps some things are a little much, a little unnecessary, but only a little bit. Frozen really should be getting almost everything it gets.

They haven't yet reached where it's too much yet, I don't think. For now, I just think "It has gotten really, really big, and that is a good thing."
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

bruno_wbt wrote:I mean, look at Wreck-It Ralph, who remembers that movie?
I do!

It's quite a bit better, IMO.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

bruno_wbt wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm beyond happy that a Walt Disney Animation Studios Movie has finally some attention...

I mean, look at Wreck-It Ralph, who remembers that movie?
Me and every other person with good taste.

Disney Duster wrote:Frozen was, and is, so good for Disney. Finally, a Disney film in popularity not seen since the days of The Lion King! That is incredibly great! And Disney should celebrate it very much, because it is so much worth celebrating. They should celebrate all they can.

And they are complying to the desires of the fans. It is supply and demand. Yes, perhaps some things are a little much, a little unnecessary, but only a little bit. Frozen really should be getting almost everything it gets.

They haven't yet reached where it's too much yet, I don't think. For now, I just think "It has gotten really, really big, and that is a good thing."
I think what he pointing out is that even the previous movies who have gotten good reviews and box office never gotten the reception praise to this level. Not even Lion King last time I remember. Even Rapunzel wasn't received to this level and that was a good decent film like Frozen was.

I think that's what he getting at and I can see that.

I mean you were with me at WDW in aug, mike. Remember all that shit in MGM? rock band concert, sing a long, parade, fucking ICE RINK? I don't remember other movies(except maybe pixar ones but i'm unsure on that) receiving that much. At best as far i remember was the most it got was a parade dedicated to the new movie and maybe an opening attraction. Oh don't forget replacing Aurora in the MK parade too!

We're not saying we hate the movie nor thing it shouldn't get exposure but the over exposure to the movie to the level it reach is quite baffling.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Wreck-it Ralph is amazing. It has lots of fans actually.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

I don't know why fans of Disney get mad that a quality Disney movie has finally reached massive popularity again.

Perhaps they're trapped in their own childhoods and don't want new generations of children to experience great new Disney films like the ones they got to experience in the 90s. I swear some Disney fans were more content when Disney was making things like Brother Bear and Home on the Range because that didn't threaten their gold standard of Aladdin, Lion King, etc. God forbid Disney make another film with beautiful animation, amazing Broadway-caliber songs, dynamic characters, and Disney magic.

I guess they just want new Disney films to come and go so the classics can remain, but Frozen being the massive success that it is allows the Disney Company to be confident in creating more animated films in the musical genre, as we've seen with ramping up production of Moana.

If you don't like things like the ubiquitous merchandise and Frozen imagery in Disney-related ads, I really don't think it's that hard to avoid. I still love the movie, but I mostly only see it when I actually watch the movie or actively seek out something Disney-related.

If it wasn't Frozen, people would just be obsessed with Despicable Me minions at the moment and they are FAR more annoying and juvenile.
LADY Image CLUCK
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Frozen was a good film, ended up seeing it 3 times in theatres a lot of friends that wanted to view it.

It's just proof of how good Disney's publicity department is, with the costumes the memorabilia etc. Frozen has become a classic. I know very few people who haven't heard Let it Go at least a few times and most actually know the lyrics.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I've got to get around to watching Frozen one of these days.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I'm not personally tired of the "Frozen" mania, although I don't think it deserves it's success. I think "Lion King" was more worthy of it's success than "Frozen", since I think "Lion King" is an artistic triumph. However, I'm still glad that Disney are on a golden age again.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

I find Frozen to be an excellent example of my mantra: The good things in life become highly popular, while the *really* good things become underrated.
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

It's a good movie, yes; but people are so obsessed with the movie that they tend to overlook all these other great Disney movies. To the point that a lot of these fans are, in my opinion, ignorant.

For example: They say that Frozen was the first movie to focus on a sisterly relationship, when there was Lilo and Stitch some years back.

People say that Hans was Disney's 'Darkest Disney Villain ever'. Have you ever seen Hunchback of Notre Dame's Judge Claude Frollo? Or the Horned King from The Black Cauldron?
And as much as I hate to say it, but as far as Disney Villains go, Hans was a bit of a wimp in my opinion...

A lot of people are so obsessed over this one movie that a lot of them don't even see all these other great movies. It's fine if you like the movie; it's fine if you consider it your favorite, but completely forgetting or ignoring all these other movies? That's when it gets annoying.

Now Maleficent, on the other hand...
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Kraken Guard wrote:
People say that Hans was Disney's 'Darkest Disney Villain ever'. Have you ever seen Hunchback of Notre Dame's Judge Claude Frollo? Or the Horned King from The Black Cauldron?
And as much as I hate to say it, but as far as Disney Villains go, Hans was a bit of a wimp in my opinion...
I don't think anyone can honestly argue Hans was a dark villain. His 'big reveal' felt like an after thought to me. I feel there was more Disney could have done to hint at his true intentions. Hans was the worst written thing in the whole film for me. I bloody loved Frozen but Hans was so meh and will likely end up ranking among the more forgettable villains in years to come.
Frollo and Horned King would wipe Hans from the bottom of their shoe and think nothing of it. Apart from being good looking, is he that memorable? He didn't even get to die in a horrific way.
PatrickvD wrote:Wreck-it Ralph is amazing. It has lots of fans actually.
Wreck it Ralph was brilliant.

I am beginning to wonder when the Frozen furore will die down. I was in the Disney store yesterday and it was crazy.
Big One wrote:Seriously...yikes.
Little girls are carrying Elsa dolls everywhere they go, obese women are wearing tacky Frozen t-shirts, Then I see grown ass obese women singing "Let it Go" as they fucking shop in the store and their kids are screaming. By this point, I'm fucking PISSED.
Whilst I do agree you should try to dress suitably for your shape, I think any adult (unless in Disneyland) should probably stay away from Frozen t-shirts. There are also tons of skinny and normal weight girls belting out 'Let it go' on Youtube and in Disney stores and adding to the Frozen overexposure you complain about but you don't mention these as pissing you off.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

hah I have a Frozen shirt... a grey one with a subdued b&w Elsa on it i bought at JC Pennys. I like it, I dont care...my niece loves it. Of course I also have a Hello Kitty shirt... :P
If it wasn't Frozen, people would just be obsessed with Despicable Me minions at the moment and they are FAR more annoying and juvenile.
you make a very VERY good point. If its not this, its God forbid whatever crap Dreawmworks or Blue Sky poop out. Maybe Frozen fever will be over once those moronic yellow turds start invading theaters. :roll:
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Warm Regards wrote:I find Frozen to be an excellent example of my mantra: The good things in life become highly popular, while the *really* good things become underrated.
*coughhowtotrainyourdragon2cough*
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

I personally never had to deal with this. LOL
Maybe it's because I live in a quaint college town in Colorado. People here are just not vocal about the movie.

However, I will say this... I think it's incredibly annoying for people to just suddenly say that "Let it Go" is their all time favorite song. Because it just doesn't mesh well. I understand that some people can relate to it, but what about the nostalgia factor?

I do agree that it's incredibly disrespectful for Disney to throw away their other movies just to make way for Frozen. Like the whole Aurora on the parade thing or making this huge celebration in HS for it.
Also, don't get me started on how they ruined the world Pavilions. I've only been there once and I thought it was a breath of fresh air, no Disney stuff, just visiting different parts of the world. But now, Norway is getting turned into Frozen land, when Disney should have probably just replaced the useless Belle's house in New Fantasy Land.

To me, I don't care about the fans. They can do whatever they want. They are responsible for themselves. People wearing Elsa shirts, that's their choice and honestly, I'm just glad that people are willing to show their Disney side. Look at Hot Topic's surge in popularity, do you think only the Frozen things were bought? It probably led people to buying the other Disney merch.
Also, what's the obesity? People can do whatever they want to do and look which ever way they want to look. They shouldn't be judged. :x

The things I'm mad about are 2:
1. I don't like how Disney is treating this as a holy grail. Ignoring everything and just using it as a cash cow. They are a business and they understandable, but they also need to understand that the heart of their consumers is the fanbase, and if the fans never existed then you'll see a massive dent in Disney's profits. I mean, how many non-disney fans own an all year pass? How many go to D23? How many know of the existence of the online Disney Store?

2. I'm a fan of Dreamworks (not all of their movies) and it sickens me that this has turned into a competition. The how to train your dragon fandom should be ashamed of attacking Frozen and vice versa. Every day on Tumblr, I see someone saying how Frozen is shitty and how Dragon 2 is better. Why can't we co-exist in peace?
So annoying. People look at Animated movies as if they are made for kids only, and fandoms acting like children is not helping anyone at all. So mad!
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

If the internet existed in the early 90s, people would have bitched about the obnoxious fans and oversaturation of Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, etc. That's the only reason there are these "fandom" wars and getting annoyed with people you don't even know who are obsessed with the movie.

Complaining about merchandise and promotion is silly. Merchandise has ALWAYS been a huge moneymaker for Disney and of course they'll push their new films when they come out, and push them even more if they turn out to be hits.

Just look at The Lion King - merchandise was everywhere, complete strangers were saying Hakuna Matata to each other, developing the Broadway show began very quickly, there were two direct to video sequels, the Timon & Pumbaa TV series came out only ONE year after the movie, its presence increased in the parks including two separate Lion King shows coexisting at one point, and more. A lot of us were probably just kids then, so it seemed magical at the time, but it was actually more obnoxious than Frozen :lol:
LADY Image CLUCK
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Thought this might fit well here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd9V0Xo8tXE[/youtube]
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx