Aladdin Ride

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Aladdin Ride

Post by Angeldude98 »

You guys remember the Magic Carpet high-speed scene in Aladdin when they're trying to get out of the Cave of Wonders? Wouldn't it be awsome if that sequence was turned into a high-speed roller-coaster ride (or virtual coaster ride) putting the rider in that magic carpet?

Or it could be a dark ride telling the Aladdin story that incorporated a high-speed sequence during the above-mentioned scene.

I've often wondered why they never created an Aladdin attration, considering how successful that film was. I'd love to see one pop up in the parks! :D
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Re: Aladdin Ride

Post by MeerkatKombat »

There is an Aladdin attraction at Disneyland Paris. It's like the Dumbo ride except you sit on a flying carpet.

It's in the studios park.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I believe it's called 'Flying Carpets Over Agrabah'? And it features in a few parks I think.

Paris also has an Aladdin walk through dark ride as well.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin is also found in MK's Adventureland at WDW. But in no way is it a thrill ride.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Haha, yes it isn't really a thrill ride; maybe for little ones though.

I do often wonder why one of the most action packed Disney films hasnt ever been made into a ride. Maybe a dark ride is too tame? Instead we have Snow White / Pinoccio / Peter Pan / Alice in Wonderland / Winnie the Pooh / Mermaid! Mermaid had a lot of potential to go all out epic, but they made it a true Disney Dark Ride.

Gosh, can you imagine if they had created the Mermaid ride on the scale of Pirates?! :shock: With real water, epic Ursula slaying scene and so on?!