Will Disney save Star Wars?

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Re: Will Disney save Star Wars?

Post by Super Aurora »

DisneyJedi wrote:
Super Aurora wrote: It's the dvd/blu rays releases.
That's betrayal?

No no no no no. Betraying somebody is when they tell you a secret about themselves and you deliberately blab their secret to everyone else, thus humiliating thm for life.
You don't get it do you?

Lucas promised from time to time he'd would release the original cuts in addition the the clusterfuck version that Lucas loves and keep on adding in so that the fans who hate his version at least have the option of watching the original cut. He never did it and even went back on it claiming that the original negative was "lost" or "accidentally destroyed" which was obvious bullshit. He also since then been ignoring the fans pleads for original cut to come out.

-----------------------
dvdjunkie wrote:Note exclusively to Super Aurora, PatrickvD, and Maerj:

Since I have been on these forums, which goes back before some of you were even able to not have to wear diapers,
Ok this fucking makes me LOL hard. I love how in almost every instances, you ALWAYS like to bring up age gap between you and us in any shape or form. We get that you're way older than us. We're not stupid. If anything it only makes you more of an elites arrogant asshole as if you having live longer give you the impression you're way smarter than us and must "educate" us. Also, you only been in this forum 2 years before me. That's barely anything brag about.

dvdjunkie wrote:I have told you about my job as a shuttle driver for the Hyatt Regency Hotel here in Wichita, Kansas. This goes was back to 2002 and one of the things I liked about the job, was my call to take the Hotel limousine out to the airport for special guests like Billy Dee Williams, Glenn Close, Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood, Dennis Quaid, Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, Harrison Ford, Cher, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engval, Larry the Cable Guy, Linda Ronstadt, and many, many more.
I believe that you met many of these famous people through your job and even was able to hold normal everyday conversation with them. My grandfather was similar too when he use to work for eastern airlines and met famous people like Bob Hope etc. But in your initial post you made it out as if you know Harrison Ford SO well that it's as if he's like super close friend as if you gone to his house many time etc. That helicopter statement tips it.

So when I asked for Pics, I wasn't means just you and him in a shot or anything but like actually at he fucking mansion or any of his personal invitations.

dvdjunkie wrote:I have told everyone that Wichita, Kansas is that secret hideway that was a great destination for celebrities because they were not hounded, and could walk the streets without their entourage of security. The Hyatt Regency had a guest list of over 240 celebrities who called Wichita their home two or three times a year. Over 15 movies have been shot around Wichita in the Flint Hills, and just outside Dodge City, and several other beautiful locations in the Heartland.

Many times I have been called on to extraordinary things for some of our guests. One time my Manager called me about 12 midnight, knowing that I was supposed to get off at 12:30 a.m. to ask a favor. One particular night, he asked if I could take the Shuttle out to Goddard, which is about 10 miles west of Wichita, and pick up five members of a rock band who were on their way to California. I was to get information from their bus driver about where the broken down bus was going to be taken and then give him all the information for the Hotel and I told him to call at least 30 minutes before they were to be picked up. The Band? Thought you would never ask. Sammy Hagar and the Waboritas. I received a $100 tip from for being so prompt coming to get them and making the ride to the Hotel so informative.

In 2003, I was named the Ambassador of the City of Wichita who works for the Hyatt Regency Hotel as a Shuttle Driver, and I was given a key to the city of Wichita by the Mayor. I also received the Golden Key Award at the Hyatt Hotel for exceptional work five times in the almost six years I worked there.

Why am I telling you this?
Yeah, why are you telling us this? No one cares about your life job story.

dvdjunkie wrote:Here goes the lecture.
Oh Dear.
dvdjunkie wrote:I am 73 years old, I am the grandfather of 10 wonderful grandchildren, and have been happily married for 44 years to the same woman.
We already know this since you told us this a million times.

dvdjunkie wrote:I will not stoop to being a 'celebrity chaser', looking for autographs or things like that.
I hope not. But then again, you had a job where it gave you opportunity to meet many of them. So you wouldn't even need to do that anyway.
dvdjunkie wrote:Pictures, you ask. I have enough to fill a couple of photograph books,
Then let's seen them. Let's see pics of you and Ford at his huge ass mansion and or going bowling with him.
dvdjunkie wrote:and I consider several of these celebrities to be friends and not asking for autographs is part of that friendship.
There are friends and then there is acquaintanceship. Even Timon knows the difference.
dvdjunkie wrote:I have never been known to tell a lie about anything. I won't do it here on these forums. I am above all that.
Didn't you lie or made a huge error back in 2012 political debate concerning your political alignments when one of the mods was able call out hypocrisy. Yeah, no one's perfect.
dvdjunkie wrote:If a person doesn't take me at my word, then that is their problem.
And yet here you are making a huge wall of texts trying to tell us otherwise.

dvdjunkie wrote:So for those reasons, stated above, you can take it for what it is, or just ignore anything I said or will say in the future.
Yeah I'll take it as an over exaggeration of you just meeting him. I find it hard for anyone to ignore what you say especially when the statement seems so outlandish and ridiculous

dvdjunkie wrote:You are among those who have made me out to be some sort of idiot here on these forums,
We don't make you out an idiot, you just say stuff sometimes that is idiocy. For instance: You claim you're unbiased and that you always look both sides of the spectrum to making well rounded and moderate points, yet majority of times you only quote or give FOX NEWS as evidence and source proof supporting your claim.

dvdjunkie wrote:and I just let it fall off me like the menial trash that it is.
OR you have a difficult time accepting when some proves you wrong. This has happen numerous times in political debates.

dvdjunkie wrote:I am sorry it has come down to this. So like it or lump, I don't really care. I have had a very fulfilling life and have had some very rewarding jobs. I have shared most of this before back in the late 90's when I first joined these forums.
[/quote]
I read that this site didn't open til 2001 so how the hell were you able join the forum before the site's creation? Also why it say you joined in 2004 if you said join much much earlier?

Also If you didn't care you wouldn't even bother responding.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Since I have been on these forums, which goes back before some of you were even able to not have to wear diapers
I was on this forum before you and out of diapers for a good decade and a half. Please stop playing your senior card as if it gives you credibility and authority over others, that's not how that works. Constantly reminding people that you're 73 does not somehow equal intelligence and it won't gain you respect. It will only annoy people.
dvdjunkie wrote:I have never been known to tell a lie about anything.
I recall you bending the truth in all kinds of directions in the political topics on this forum and on the internet one quickly loses their one shot at credibility once they've been caught in a lie. So forgive us for being even the slightest bit skeptical when you claim big things like hanging out with A-list Hollywood stars with no proof to back this claim up.
dvdjunkie wrote:I will not stoop to being a 'celebrity chaser', looking for autographs or things like that.
And yet somehow If I were friends with Harrison Ford, I would not really tell this to anyone because that makes me look like a leach of a friend who enjoys throwing this fact randomly into a conversation... online (of all places)... just to seem interesting.
dvdjunkie wrote:I am sorry it has come down to this. So like it or lump, I don't really care. I have had a very fulfilling life and have had some very rewarding jobs. I have shared most of this before back in the late 90's when I first joined these forums.
Not sure which place you're referring to.... the late 90s? Was UD around back then?

The funny thing about my experience in working with celebrities is that the golden rule is you not invade their privacy in any way. Talking about your interaction with them online is a no-no. If you tell the truth, I suppose we have a different view on professionalism.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I'm not going to question if junkie's story is true or not, because none of us are him. I'll take it at face value and I won't question his story.

The uncle of a friend of mine from High School was in the Matrix, and more recently in Man of Steel. His name is Harry Lennix and he played the general in Man of Steel. I don't think we should question his story as it's not our place to do so.

To stay on topic, it's the worst kept secret in Hollywood that Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford will be returning in Star Wars Episode 7.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Since I have been on these forums, which goes back before some of you were even able to not have to wear diapers, I have told you about my job as a shuttle driver for the Hyatt Regency Hotel here in Wichita, Kansas. This goes was back to 2002 and one of the things I liked about the job, was my call to take the Hotel limousine out to the airport for special guests like Billy Dee Williams, Glenn Close, Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood, Dennis Quaid, Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, Harrison Ford, Cher, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engval, Larry the Cable Guy, Linda Ronstadt, and many, many more.

I have told everyone that Wichita, Kansas is that secret hideway that was a great destination for celebrities because they were not hounded, and could walk the streets without their entourage of security. The Hyatt Regency had a guest list of over 240 celebrities who called Wichita their home two or three times a year. Over 15 movies have been shot around Wichita in the Flint Hills, and just outside Dodge City, and several other beautiful locations in the Heartland.

Many times I have been called on to extraordinary things for some of our guests. One time my Manager called me about 12 midnight, knowing that I was supposed to get off at 12:30 a.m. to ask a favor. One particular night, he asked if I could take the Shuttle out to Goddard, which is about 10 miles west of Wichita, and pick up five members of a rock band who were on their way to California. I was to get information from their bus driver about where the broken down bus was going to be taken and then give him all the information for the Hotel and I told him to call at least 30 minutes before they were to be picked up. The Band? Thought you would never ask. Sammy Hagar and the Waboritas. I received a $100 tip from for being so prompt coming to get them and making the ride to the Hotel so informative.

In 2003, I was named the Ambassador of the City of Wichita who works for the Hyatt Regency Hotel as a Shuttle Driver, and I was given a key to the city of Wichita by the Mayor. I also received the Golden Key Award at the Hyatt Hotel for exceptional work five times in the almost six years I worked there.

Why am I telling you this? Here goes the lecture. I am 73 years old, I am the grandfather of 10 wonderful grandchildren, and have been happily married for 44 years to the same woman. I will not stoop to being a 'celebrity chaser', looking for autographs or things like that. Pictures, you ask. I have enough to fill a couple of photograph books, and I consider several of these celebrities to be friends and not asking for autographs is part of that friendship.

I have never been known to tell a lie about anything. I won't do it here on these forums. I am above all that. If a person doesn't take me at my word, then that is their problem.

What I said about the new Star Wars project, has long been broadcast to the public. Everyone knows that Carrie Fisher is on a strict diet, and guided weight loss program to lose over 60 pounds, as is Mark Hamill, although I don't think he is expected to lose that much, I think it is more of a few pounds and then a good tone-up. Harrison Ford is in excellent shape because he has a very strong work-out ethic that he maintains even when he was in Wichita.

So for those reasons, stated above, you can take it for what it is, or just ignore anything I said or will say in the future. You are among those who have made me out to be some sort of idiot here on these forums, and I just let it fall off me like the menial trash that it is. I have respect for all of those here on the Disney UD forums, but I will not ever be called a liar, or a story-teller. I save the stories for my grandkids.

I am sorry it has come down to this. So like it or lump, I don't really care. I have had a very fulfilling life and have had some very rewarding jobs. I have shared most of this before back in the late 90's when I first joined these forums.
All I was asking for was an autograph!
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

@Super Aurora and PatrickvD: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nothing more to say.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Scamander wrote:Nothing more to say.
One could say more, but I'll just let these nuggets from UD's past speak for themselves. The political issue has already been covered, and I hate to fuel the fire, but sometimes history just creeps up and repeats itself...

On Drugs and Alcohol
On January 6, 2006, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209650#p209650]wrote[/url] wrote:I have never smoked
I Don't drink alcoholic beverages of any kind
On March 25, 2007, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=313853#p313853]wrote[/url] wrote:I have never smoked once in my 67 years of life on this earth. Never even been tempted to.
On May 29, 2012, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=607722#p607722]wrote[/url] wrote:I had just gotten out of drug rehab about one week before, and I may have been almost 30 years old at the time, but since they paid for the rehab I pretty much had t answer to them for everything I did at the time. They didn't want a relapse and neither did I.
Granted, one could argue that drug rehab could have been for anything other than cigarettes and alcohol.

On Children & Grandchildren
On April 10, 2006, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=229162#p229162]wrote[/url] wrote:We have a son and identical twin daughters.
We have 8 grandchildren (4 boys and 4 girls)
On October 10, 2008, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=411237#p411237]wrote[/url] wrote:I have raised six children and have 13 grandchildren that I am helping raise
If dvdjunkie lost any grandchildren, then I'm heartily sorry and he has my condolences.

On Making a Living
On January 17, 2011, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=546795#p546795]wrote[/url] wrote:I used all of my resources from being a disc jockey from 1959 until 1984 and am still working on a list of what would have been considered Best Rock Songs of the Decade.
On May 29, 2012, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=607722#p607722]wrote[/url] wrote:My Dad got me a job at the local newspaper as a typesetter, which was my real vocation.
On May 30, 2013, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=641229#p641229]wrote[/url] wrote:I can only say that all my experiences years ago (back in the 60's) with the Strawberry Alarm Clock have made me watch 'American Idol', 'The 'X' Factor', and "The Voice" in a different light than most people. After all I did have a multi-million seller with "Insense and Peppermint" with the 'Alarm Clock' and their appearance in "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" was very much a moment in their career.
In reality, the producers of Strawberry Alarm Clock's albums were Bill Holmes and Frank Slay, neither of which could possibly be dvdjunkie, as Slay was older than junkie's claimed age (he'd have been 27 to 29 from 1967 to 1969), while Bill Holmes is still an active part of the music industry (according to AllMusic.com). And from the liner notes written by music historian Richer Unterberger, I don't think dvdjunkie would want to be confused with Bill Holmes, who mismanaged the band, cheated two writers out of credit for "Incense and Peppermint," and then racked up $50,000 in lawsuit bills that he later off-loaded to creditors by way of keyboardist Mark Weitz, who was forced to pay it himself.

:milkbuds:

Oh, and UltimateDisney.com began on January 6, 2001.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Escapay wrote:
Scamander wrote:Nothing more to say.
One could say more, but I'll just let these nuggets from UD's past speak for themselves. The political issue has already been covered, and I hate to fuel the fire, but sometimes history just creeps up and repeats itself...

On Drugs and Alcohol
On January 6, 2006, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209650#p209650]wrote[/url] wrote:I have never smoked
I Don't drink alcoholic beverages of any kind
On March 25, 2007, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=313853#p313853]wrote[/url] wrote:I have never smoked once in my 67 years of life on this earth. Never even been tempted to.
On May 29, 2012, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=607722#p607722]wrote[/url] wrote:I had just gotten out of drug rehab about one week before, and I may have been almost 30 years old at the time, but since they paid for the rehab I pretty much had t answer to them for everything I did at the time. They didn't want a relapse and neither did I.
Granted, one could argue that drug rehab could have been for anything other than cigarettes and alcohol.

On Children & Grandchildren
On April 10, 2006, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=229162#p229162]wrote[/url] wrote:We have a son and identical twin daughters.
We have 8 grandchildren (4 boys and 4 girls)
On October 10, 2008, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=411237#p411237]wrote[/url] wrote:I have raised six children and have 13 grandchildren that I am helping raise
If dvdjunkie lost any grandchildren, then I'm heartily sorry and he has my condolences.

On Making a Living
On January 17, 2011, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=546795#p546795]wrote[/url] wrote:I used all of my resources from being a disc jockey from 1959 until 1984 and am still working on a list of what would have been considered Best Rock Songs of the Decade.
On May 29, 2012, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=607722#p607722]wrote[/url] wrote:My Dad got me a job at the local newspaper as a typesetter, which was my real vocation.
On May 30, 2013, dvdjunkie [url=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=641229#p641229]wrote[/url] wrote:I can only say that all my experiences years ago (back in the 60's) with the Strawberry Alarm Clock have made me watch 'American Idol', 'The 'X' Factor', and "The Voice" in a different light than most people. After all I did have a multi-million seller with "Insense and Peppermint" with the 'Alarm Clock' and their appearance in "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" was very much a moment in their career.
In reality, the producers of Strawberry Alarm Clock's albums were Bill Holmes and Frank Slay, neither of which could possibly be dvdjunkie, as Slay was older than junkie's claimed age (he'd have been 27 to 29 from 1967 to 1969), while Bill Holmes is still an active part of the music industry (according to AllMusic.com). And from the liner notes written by music historian Richer Unterberger, I don't think dvdjunkie would want to be confused with Bill Holmes, who mismanaged the band, cheated two writers out of credit for "Incense and Peppermint," and then racked up $50,000 in lawsuit bills that he later off-loaded to creditors by way of keyboardist Mark Weitz, who was forced to pay it himself.

:milkbuds:

Oh, and UltimateDisney.com began on January 6, 2001.

Albert

There should be a poll question: Is this guy A) Senile, B) Pathological Liar C) Multiple Personality Disorder or D) The Ultimate Internet Troll?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Good research, thanks! :up:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

PatrickVD and I are "The BULLSHIT Terminator Brothers". When ever we smell something is bullshit, we address it. Then we destroy it. Albert like the third guy who help support us.
Big One
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big One »

Wow Escapay's post is practically a burial. I realize dvdjunkie really is an old fart and I have a lot of respect for someone as experienced as him, but any of that respect is thrown away when he's been proven to be actively a liar for several years. It's just shameful and honestly disgusting act as a human being just to even imagine the amount of lies he's told people throughout his life.

But in retrospect him being 73 and posting on an internet forum...instead of enjoying life elsewhere suggests he's rather lonely. Maybe his wife passed away and he has nothing better to do? That's kind of sad. Hey man if you're coping with age just come to us man and we got your back and are willing to be your friend, but if you're going to actively lie about stuff like this just so you can make your life seem better than it actually is then don't even waste our time. Depression is a hard thing to get through, you just have to hit the acceptance stage if you want to conquer it in the long run.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

^ Look who came out of the woodwork! We're still waiting for you to finish that Disney sequel marathon! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Big One
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big One »

Sotiris wrote:^ Look who came out of the woodwork! We're still waiting for you to finish that Disney sequel marathon! :lol:
Oh god I knew someone would bring that up as soon as I posted on here! Time to go back to the hole I live in for another two years.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Sotiris wrote:^ Look who came out of the woodwork! We're still waiting for you to finish that Disney sequel marathon! :lol:
I was the one who told him about this thread. If I didn't he probably wouldn't come back ever. lol.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Super Aurora wrote:PatrickVD and I are "The BULLSHIT Terminator Brothers". When ever we smell something is bullshit, we address it. Then we destroy it. Albert like the third guy who help support us.
Yeah this particular one broke my bullshit detector...

It was that smelly.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Is anyone glad Disney hired a good writer this time for a new SW movie? that was the flaw of the prequels a lack of a good writer and they hired the right guy to write the script.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

HarryCanyon wrote:Is anyone glad Disney hired a good writer this time for a new SW movie? that was the flaw of the prequels a lack of a good writer and they hired the right guy to write the script.
I think credit for most creative decisions right now should go to Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm. Disney's just throwing cash at people right now, nothing more.

And yes, I do believe Michael Arndt is the right guy. He is both a smart writer and apparently a huge SW fan. I think this bodes well. And after the prequel trilogy, there is nowhere to go but up in my opinion.
Big One
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big One »

HarryCanyon wrote:Is anyone glad Disney hired a good writer this time for a new SW movie? that was the flaw of the prequels a lack of a good writer and they hired the right guy to write the script.
Writing wasn't even the huge issue with the prequels even though it probably needed some editing. It wasn't abnormal for Lucas to write scripts like that if you read the early drafts for Star Wars which were even more dull and boring than the prequels with inhuman dialogue with no emotion or depth or anything. It's after being rejected for so long and getting to a dumbed down product like the original Star Wars, that his original vision shined with audiences. The prequel films didn't really have that filter as it was like, "Oh it's George Lucas, let's give him COMPLETE CONTROL" rather than the producers actually being involved and filtering out the garbage.

It doesn't help that Hayden is a terrible actor and the direction was terrible cause Lucas wanted the acting to be as stiff as possible rather than having human emotion. "But that's not how Jedi act like." yeah right, I guess the Jedi in the original trilogy weren't true Jedi, huh? It's just stuff like that which held the prequels down. The concepts and the actual plot was fine, it was just the execution that was just utterly awful. Still to this day I consider Episode II to be one of the worst films of all time when it comes to acting.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Stop it!! Lucas created the prequels for the fans and what does he get for it? slapped in the face by people who wine and complain he can't do this or that, complain ANakin's life is boring with Luke's is boring because Anakin's was first. Lucas can write and direct just not to some people's unrealistic standards. I got in trouble for bad mouthing stuff on another site. I can't hate one thing and everyone gets to hate whatever they want.
Big One
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big One »

bradhig wrote:Stop it!! Lucas created the prequels for the fans and what does he get for it? slapped in the face by people who wine and complain he can't do this or that, complain ANakin's life is boring with Luke's is boring because Anakin's was first. Lucas can write and direct just not to some people's unrealistic standards. I got in trouble for bad mouthing stuff on another site. I can't hate one thing and everyone gets to hate whatever they want.
I just took a shit, and I did it just for you, bradhig. I guess that means you appreciate it, right?
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I'm pretty optimistic about Disney and Star Wars. So far Disney's done great things with the Muppets (although it did take them a while to really get the ball rolling lol) so I can see them doing well with Star Wars. The fact that they got J.J. Abrams to direct is a great sign. And I like all this news I've been hearing about how they plan on using lots of practical effects and models and such. Anything real will always be better than CGI.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Disney will release the original theatrical cuts on Blu-ray of the original trilogy at some point. I mean, c'mon, it's not like these aren't guaranteed sellers. Everybody's been wanting the original cuts since 1997.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.