Disney Books

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney Books

Post by Mooky »

Sotiris wrote:
Mooky wrote:Did anyone order and receive this book? I'd like to order it but I'm afraid it'll be a lot of fluff and little substance. How informative is it?

The Disney Princess: A Celebration of Art and Creativity
Perhaps this review will be of help.

“The Disney Princess” Is the Ultimate Dreamy, Definitive Disney Princess Book
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... cess-book/
Thank you! I ordered it the other day and this review alleviated any doubts I had left. I'm very much looking forward to reading it.
unprincess wrote:another thing, I wonder if that Disney Prince art book we were supposed to get a long time ago was cancelled due to them feeling that it was weird that they would release a Disney Prince book before a Disney Princess one. Maybe after this Disney Princess book is out they will finally release that Disney Prince book as a companion?
I really hope you're right. This would be the perfect opportunity to release the Prince book as well.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Mooky wrote:
unprincess wrote:another thing, I wonder if that Disney Prince art book we were supposed to get a long time ago was cancelled due to them feeling that it was weird that they would release a Disney Prince book before a Disney Princess one. Maybe after this Disney Princess book is out they will finally release that Disney Prince book as a companion?
I really hope you're right. This would be the perfect opportunity to release the Prince book as well.
I hope she's right too!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I got the book yesterday and it looks good, I haven't read it yet but it has 240 pages and each princess has approximately 20 pages dedicated to her. It is filled with concept arts, designs, animation and stills, none of that vapid DP clip arts. Overall seems like a really great book and I'm glad I bought it.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Lucky! My copy has been shipped more than a week ago but there's no telling when it will actually arrive. I'm still waiting on several other orders, some from even as far back as May. But enough of me lamenting about it, enjoy reading your copy! The book sounds amazing.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Thank you :) I hope your copy arrives soon.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The Disney Princess: Interview with Charles Solomon
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... s-solomon/
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney has released a new Alice in Wonderland book, with updated, movie accurate illustrations. As far as I know, it's only available in France, in the Disney Hachette collection. Here is a sample of the book. The artwork is really beautiful.

If you guys are interested, you can buy it here
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Now that this thread has been bumped up again, I want to make a remark regarding The Disney Princess: A Celebration of Art and Creativity book. Since it was meant to include all the Princesses, it`s a pity that it doesn`t have it`s own section about Raya. Considering that she`s a Princess too, it should`ve included about Raya as well. And since it doesn`t mention neither Anna nor Elsa, it`s clear that they`re not meant to be included in the Princess franchise.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The book was released months before the release of Raya and the Last Dragon, it makes sense that she won't be featured because that would probably have spoiled things about the movie. Maybe she'll be featured in future books.

And I think it's a shame that Anna and Elsa are not there, and I guess I would have liked to read about other heroines as well.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

farerb wrote:The book was released months before the release of Raya and the Last Dragon, it makes sense that she won't be featured because that would probably have spoiled things about the movie. Maybe she'll be featured in future books.
Fair enough. But it could`ve been possible to release the book after Raya`s release.
And I think it's a shame that Anna and Elsa are not there, and I guess I would have liked to read about other heroines as well.
To be honest, I`ve always thought it was contradictory to make Anna and Elsa princesses and not having them on the official Princess franchise, after all. Since they were after all made for the Franchise (let`s face it). But I know that I`m repeating myself.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

To be honest I'm not really bothered with who's in the line or not, but I understand your point. For what it's worth I think they'll eventually be a part of the princess line at some point, they are practically already a part of that Wretched Princesses thing or whatever.
blackcauldron85

This looks like a neat book!

“Disney Villains: Portraits of Evil” Gives Fans a Closer Look at Favorite Disney Villains
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... -villains/
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Awww, nice! This book will be released around my birthday :D
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Got some Disney books this week plus the steelbook of The Princess and the Frog, which I got because I don't like the standard edition's cover. BTW - I noticed that they omitted Louis' trumpet from the original poster of the film for some reason:

So now I have the art and making of books of:
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Mulan
The Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Frozen
Moana
blackcauldron85

That's weird about Louis' trumpet!! You got some great books there- enjoy!!!!

I finally ordered the last 2 art books I was missing, TLK + THOND. I am pretty sure I chose ones that are NOT the mini versions, so fingers crossed. I got good deals on them.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

That's good to hear! I hope you get what you want.
Some of the books I have are used so their dust covers are a little bit torn or wrinkled, but the pages are in good condition.
By the way did you manage to get Luca's? Did you order Encanto's and what else do you own?
blackcauldron85

A lot of mine are used as well! As long as the pages are decent, that's what matters! Yes, I just ordered Luca's recently- I saw that it came in stock again. I pre-ordered Encanto, but it's not releasing until I think November 16. I'm not at my bookcase but I have a lot. I have books about the business side, like Disney War and Storming the Magic Kingdom, books on Walt, Roy, Roy, and Michael Eisner, books on Roger Rabbit, John Carter, "Who's Afraid of Song of the South," "The Art of Walt Disney" by Christopher Finch, your Disney Films book, Mouse Under Glass, The Disney That Never Was, Disney Lost and Found,
"Ink and Paint" by Mindy Johnson, the new Princess book by Charles Solomon, some theme park books, both versions of Art of Animation by Bob Thomas, Frank + Ollie's The Illusion of Life and The Disney Villain, Before the Animation Begins, the big green Pixar one, and Hans Bacher's book. I have the making of books for Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia X2, Bambi, Fun and Fancy Free, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (and also one of Eyvind Earle), B+tB, Aladdin, Hercules, Tarzan, Fantasia 2000, Dinosaur, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range. I have the art books for Meet the Robinsons through Raya, with TLK + THOND coming, and for Pixar art books, I don't have them for all of the films, but a good chunk of them. I know I have more books...I have a lot of Disney magazines too. I'm in bed and don't want to go to the bookcase! Books on Disney records, Eric Larson biography, The Vault of Walt books...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Wow! You have an impressive collection!
Thank you for sharing :)
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Wow you guys have some amazing collections. Here are some pics from my library (not my own pics cuz it would take way toooo loooong to snap those pics so I'm just gonna google them :lol: )

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ The "They Drew As They Pleased" books are so well-done- I forgot to include them in my list but I have those. So much concept art in those. Very nice collection!!