Mama's Family - complete UNCUT series coming soon!

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Mama's Family - complete UNCUT series coming soon!

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

"I'll bet the neighbors are just lovin' this!"

StarVista/Time-Life brings us the complete, UNCUT series "Mama's Family" on DVD!!!

At long last----this is finally happening!!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mamas-Fami ... lans/18520
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Re: Mama's Family - complete UNCUT series coming soon!

Post by my chicken is infected »

About time!!!!
-Joey
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Finally, the day this becomes available for pre-order I'm placing my order. Brilliant show one of my all time favorites, glad they've finally come to their senses and Warner has licensed it to someone that will actually come through and release the whole series.

Just couldn't resist posting a cast shot, this has really made my day.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Finally!! Thankfully, I taped most of the series back when it was re-run on TBS, but I didn’t have all the episodes and would love to own an uncut version! I’m still kind of shocked it isn’t re-run on TV right now anyway. Love Vicki Lawrence in this. :D
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Good news! It will have the Alistar Quinn intros!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mamas- ... date/18560
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

Here's season 1's box art and info that tells us that the made-for-TV movie "Eunice" will be included!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mamas-Fami ... on-1/18585

I'm still waiting on info and box art for the complete series (which will probably come in a few weeks) but at least this is a start.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

I hope they tweak the art a bit before it's released, but can't wait for the release of the complete series. Also great news that Eunice is being included was a Brilliant special.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

Official press release: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=18620

Official website: http://www.mamasfamilydvds.com

It's up for preorder now-----shipping in September!!!

I already placed my order!! I can't wait until September!!
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Very excited to see that they'll include sketches from "The Carol Burnett Show."

Granted, I'd rather have all 31 included, simply for a *complete* Mama, but they are horses of a different color in regards to the television continuity.

I'm hoping the "Sorry!" sketch are among the ones included. Then again, given its popularity, I'm sure it will be.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmdfSXWVW1M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLVgPPF40M[/youtube]

IT WAS A SEVENNNNNNN!!!!!

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

According to the official website mamasfamilydvds.com, only one "Family" sketch will be included. It's the one titled "Family Reunion" with Roddy McDowall. It is also the very first "Family" sketch ever made.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

tlc38tlc38 wrote:According to the official website mamasfamilydvds.com, only one "Family" sketch will be included. It's the one titled "Family Reunion" with Roddy McDowall. It is also the very first "Family" sketch ever made.
The official website only seems to offer a partial listing of what's on the "Volume 7" set, since the press release makes note of several items not listed there, namely the Vicki Lawrence/Carol Burnett interview, the Betty White interview, the Bob Mackie interview, the "Vicki Lawrence interviews Mama" featurette, and the plural "key Family sketches." And the Eunice TV Movie, which we already know will be with Season 1.

Of course, those could all be features spread out across the season sets. We'll just have to wait until September. :)

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

So, I got my set in the mail today and was thoroughly impressed. It includes multiple mama sketches from the Carol Burnett Show. The mentioned first sketch with Roddy McDowall, the sketch with Maggie Smith when Eunice and Ed's son is beating up his school mates and Maggie Smith is his teacher that puts Ed Eunice and Mama in their places. One of the sketches with Betty White as Ellen.

Also it is stockpiled with interviews, almost a dozen new featurettes on the show. Star Vista/TimeLife have done an amazing job on this set. Well worth it to all Mama's Family fans, also of course if you don't want to spend the $200 MSRP at one time, they have an option to break it up into 5 monthly installments with free FedEx ground/home delivery shipping.
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Disney Guru wrote: The mentioned first sketch with Roddy McDowall, the sketch with Maggie Smith when Eunice and Ed's son is beating up his school mates and Maggie Smith is his teacher that puts Ed Eunice and Mama in their places
I have never seen anything but clips of The Carol Burnett Show, so I never knew Maggie Smith had been in a Mama sketch. :o
Also it is stockpiled with interviews, almost a dozen new featurettes on the show. Star Vista/TimeLife have done an amazing job on this set. Well worth it to all Mama's Family fans, also of course if you don't want to spend the $200 MSRP at one time, they have an option to break it up into 5 monthly installments with free FedEx ground/home delivery shipping.
Where can you buy it for $200? Amazon has it priced at $325, which I just refuse to pay although I love the series and Vicki Lawrence and would love to see it uncut + all these amazing bonus features I have never seen. Although I personally think $200 is still too high (I don't think it should be over $150 at the most, tbh), I'd be willing to deal at that price.

Does anybody know where you could get it for $200 or less?
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

From Timelife.com.
~Jayne Meadows Allen~