Lookin' good!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: Lookin' good!

Post by Avaitor »

Steak sauce. :)
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Who really cares about whether the Avatars and names are on the left or the right. That's one thing I liked about this new modernation. Everything is perfect and to nit-pick because you are uncomfortable with having to look to the right side of the forums instead of being right there on the left in front of you is really being silly.

I hope they can keep those offenders who don't know how to size down their photos to fit into the forum thread size. I am tired of have slide the bar across the bottom because of someone's insensitivity of how to post a picture. Now that is something to keep in mind.

Luke and the rest of his helpers did a fantastic job and I think we needed a bit of new look, and got it!!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

dvdjunkie wrote:Who really cares about whether the Avatars and names are on the left or the right. That's one thing I liked about this new modernation. Everything is perfect and to nit-pick because you are uncomfortable with having to look to the right side of the forums instead of being right there on the left in front of you is really being silly.

Luke and the rest of his helpers did a fantastic job and I think we needed a bit of new look, and got it!!!
I have to agree with junkie on this one.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

dvdjunkie wrote:Who really cares about whether the Avatars and names are on the left or the right.
I certainly don't. To be candid, I was confused by the whole discussion about it.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:Who really cares about whether the Avatars and names are on the left or the right.
I certainly don't. To be candid, I was confused by the whole discussion about it.
I think all it is is the fact that its the way a majority of forums are set up, plus the fact that it just makes more sense- we read left to right, and so it's easier to quickly scan and see who wrote what.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Cool! I'm glad polls and the search engine are fixed now. :D
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Its okay to disagree with me and prefer the other way, but at least have some kind of reasoning beyond "who cares?". Many of us spend a lot of time here, why shouldn't we care on some level about the more obvious aspects of the design/layout?

I'll curious to see how much things evolve. If at all. I mean, I expect some minor tweaks to at least make the design look a bit less stock, but maybe they could add other modern additions too. The auto resizing of large images someone mentioned is one. Another I'd like to see if their feeling more ambitious is something they have on IGN's boards: an alert system where anytime someone quotes you you get a little notification on the upper right you can click to bring you right to it. pretty innovative if you ask me. I wish every board had that feature. Its one of those things I didn't realize I wanted until I got it. They also alert you when someone "likes" your post. which is another thing that could be nice to add. Those are probably too advanced though. I don't fully understand whats possible in phpbb or how hard it is to add/change things. Obviously it doesn't NEED all this of course.The fact that polls work, and presumably the search function is an improvement.

Back to the basic stuff though, along with adjusting the margin I would like a bit more contrasting tones. The color scheme is pretty bright at the moment.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Kyle wrote:Its okay to disagree with me and prefer the other way, but at least have some kind of reasoning beyond "who cares?". Many of us spend a lot of time here, why shouldn't we care on some level about the more obvious aspects of the design/layout?

I'll curious to see how much things evolve. If at all. I mean, I expect some minor tweaks to at least make the design look a bit less stock, but maybe they could add other modern additions too. The auto resizing of large images someone mentioned is one. Another I'd like to see if their feeling more ambitious is something they have on IGN's boards: an alert system where anytime someone quotes you you get a little notification on the upper right you can click to bring you right to it. pretty innovative if you ask me. I wish every board had that feature. Its one of those things I didn't realize I wanted until I got it. They also alert you when someone "likes" your post. which is another thing that could be nice to add. Those are probably too advanced though. I don't fully understand whats possible in phpbb or how hard it is to add/change things. Obviously it doesn't NEED all this of course.The fact that polls work, and presumably the search function is an improvement.

Back to the basic stuff though, along with adjusting the margin I would like a bit more contrasting tones. The color scheme is pretty bright at the moment.
I second all of this.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
Kyle wrote:Its okay to disagree with me and prefer the other way, but at least have some kind of reasoning beyond "who cares?". Many of us spend a lot of time here, why shouldn't we care on some level about the more obvious aspects of the design/layout?

I agree to. I've had some time to think about it, and you are right. There are definitely some room for changes, but for right now today it's all good. I think the color scheme could be changed, but for gift now I'm thankful for the upgrades and the fixes that have happened. I do like the avatars on the left, but i think right now they are good as it stands.

This upgrade has been a long time coming, and thanks to Luke, EnigmaWing, and Renata for making it possible

Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Flanger-Hanger wrote:
I agree to.
And I fourth it, from saying dvdjunkie should let us talk say how to better the design to a less generic looking forum with pictures like we had before. And make the margines less wide as was also said. But thank you Luke, Enigmawing, and Rey.
disneyboy20022 wrote:I do like the avatars on the left, but i think right now they are good as it stands.
The avatars are on the left. By the way, sorry for saying I thought that one member had Aspergers. I was once diagnosed with it too, so I meant no offense. People with Asperger's have it all forms and ways, and toplaycool seemed to have a certain extreme case of it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:I was once diagnosed with it too, so I meant no offense.
What do you mean you were once diagnosed? Was it a false diagnosis and you didn't have Asperger's after all?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! New! Different!

Good job, Luke! :D
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sotiris wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:I was once diagnosed with it too, so I meant no offense.
What do you mean you were once diagnosed? Was it a false diagnosis and you didn't have Asperger's after all?
I mean I was diagnosed with it but that doesn't always mean doctors are right in their diagnoses, and in addition to that I saw a psychologist who said he thinks I don't have it. :)
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

This looks great, except I can't post any youtube videos. So I have to link it.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote: T By the way, sorry for saying I thought that one member had Aspergers. I was once diagnosed with it too, so I meant no offense. People with Asperger's have it all forms and ways, and toplaycool seemed to have a certain extreme case of it.
[/quote]

That's okay. I took no offense to it. Some people with Asperger's don't get the help or want the help they truly need. To me I hear people say how it's a tragic disease, but I think the exact opposite. It can be a gift, if used right. To me if they would have a cure for Asperger's I would never ask for it, because Asperger Syndrome makes me myself. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't be who I am right now, so even with all the negatives it can cause, there are also many positives as well.
s

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote: and toplaycool seemed to have a certain extreme case of it.
No, he's just a fucking annoying troll.

this forum still need youtube tags and spoiler tags. would love the rep system too. Brings in some hilarity.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Spoiler tags would be a nice addition.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

The main reason behind all this of course was restoring functionality; any changes made from here on out is at Luke's discretion. :)

FYI, if you go to the board preferences under your user control panel, you have the option to switch out to a skin called subsilver2. It more closely resembles the old forum than the current default. ;)
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I'm a bit late joining this party, but a big thank you to all involved for this much needed update. :eye:

EDIT: Aaaargh! My Maleficent has been downsized! :P
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Well done, team. Kudos bars for all.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"