The Tinker Bell Film Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Re: The Tinker Bell Film Series

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Atlantica, will you be seeing 'Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast' next week?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I'm starting to like Fawn's new design. It has grown on me. I've always liked her best of the faires.

The opening song was cute, though. Not the best of it, but still engaging and haunting.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Managed to get all five previous Tinkerbell films on DVD for £15 last week - thanks Black Friday. Very pleased with that. Sadly no blu-ray 5 film collection or I would have got that.
Looking forward to Neverbeast now.
My favourite film keeps changing after re-watching them. How would everyone else rank them? Mine is currently 4,5,1,3,2 so will be interesting to see where Neverbeast comes.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Saw it and LOVED it ! Packed cinema as well, and all seemed to really enjoy it as well which always adds to it doesnt it ?

Loved it more than 'Pirate' I think. And Ginnifer is fab too. Big thumbs up from me :up:
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

I'm so happy to read that! I can't wait to see it too!
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Atlantica, I completely forgot to ask you... Does this film work as a conclusion to the series? Were there any homages to 'Peter Pan' in it? Thanks in advance and happy Christmas!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Sorry I didnt see your message Fish Tale ! No, it doesn't work as a conclusion at all.

If this really is the last film I will be heartbroken. Speaking of....is there any further news on this for the next Tink film or short ? Or is this really it ?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

A new clip featuring Fawn and the Beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XMFQEo0Fmc

Fawn is drop dead gorgeous :)
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

I just saw 'Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast' and I thought it was absolutely charming! Considering Fawn had already been voiced by America and by Angela, I think Ginnifer did a really good job! And I hope we get more films because I want to see everyone again.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

So, as we've already mentioned:

1. 'Tinker Bell' highlighted Tinker Bell.
2. 'Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure' highlighted Terrence.
3. 'Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue' highlighted Vidia.
4. 'Tinker Bell and the Pixie Hollow Games' highlighted Rosetta.
5. 'Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings' highlighted Periwinkle.
6. 'Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy' highlighted Zarina.
7. 'Tinker Bell and the Pixie Hollow Bake Off' highlighted Gelata.
8. 'Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast' highlighted Fawn.

Unless they want to introduce us to new fairies, I think we still need three more films: one highlighting Iridessa, one highlighting Silvermist (and this one absolutely needs to include the mermaids) and one tying these films to 'Peter Pan'.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Joel Parod has updated his portfolio. Click here to see it. God, this man is so talented!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

anybody wonder if Toon Disney studios might be planning a new girl friendly CGI DTV series to replace the Disney fairies ones? I think one based on Alice in Wonderland would be kinda cool, maybe Alice is a little older & goes back to Wonderland and meets the son/daughters of some of the WL characters: Mad Hatter, White Queen, Red Queen, & maybe the Knave, and the Carpenter.

I know some people hate this kind of "kids of" stuff thats so popular now but I wouldnt mind seeing something like this if its done with the same quality as the Fairies films.
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

I'm really hoping that Disney is reconsidering their ending the series. They sure have been putting a lot into Neverbeast. And so much gorgeous merch! Including a Limited Edition Fawn doll. I can't help but hope they know something we don't. And maybe if Neverbeast does well enough, we'll see more.
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

But thats the annoying thing though; they have been progressively earning more money ! A huge earner was The Pirate Fairy which gave everyone massive hope that the series would go beyond the next film.

From being online, people aren't particularly happy with Disney cancelling the series; if anything, its gaining more and more of a following with the more effort they're putting into promoting them. And I agree, why bother to made a Fawn doll for a cancelled series ? They really must conclude it with meeting Peter, surely ? Thats what everything has been leading up to !
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Yep, exactly. :( I really wanted to see the bridge between the series and the film, and I think we're getting majorly cheated out of that!
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Exactly !

I guess we might be waiting on the Neverbeast release in the US to see if there is a trailer or Pixie Preview for another one ? I think thats been the usual way of finding out about each new release ? It's not even been released in France in the cinema yet though still.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Atlantica wrote:But thats the annoying thing though; they have been progressively earning more money! A huge earner was The Pirate Fairy which gave everyone massive hope that the series would go beyond the next film.

That's true. It was a big merchandising success too. This is from the Jakks Pacific's earnings call in late 2014:
Disney Fairies exceeded expectations in our third quarter, fueled by the Pirate Fairy's DVD release earlier this year. And our Pirate Fairy's Lost Gems Treasure Hunt promotion, along with TV support, should continue to drive sell-through in the fall.
Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2591405 ... transcript
Atlantica wrote:I guess we might be waiting on the Neverbeast release in the US to see if there is a trailer or Pixie Preview for another one?
There isn't one according to this Blu-ray review. Evidently, there are no features in production currently at the studio.
Steve Hulett wrote:DisneyToon Studios is also occupied by Disney Educational and the DisneyToon shorts program, which is (last time I checked) still in business. But newer Direct-To-Video features? Not so much.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... udios.html

Also, during press for NeverBeast, the director and producer have been very evasive about a possible continuation of the series.
Q: How many Tinker Bell movies are being worked on now?

A: We can’t tell you that.

Q: Are we going to see Gruff in more Tinker Bell movies?

A: We’d love that!
Source: http://www.adventuresbydaddy.com/2015/0 ... st-review/
Q: Is she going to be Fawn in the movies going forward?

Steve Loter: She is Fawn in the “Tinkin’ About Animals” short, that is attached to the Blu-ray and the DVD. And she actually sings in that, so that was an interesting experience for her.

Q: Since you’re attached to DisneyToon, my son has demanded to know if there’s another “Planes” movie coming that you guys know about. In general, though, can you talk about what’s next for DisneyToon in general and you guys in particular?

Michael Wigert: We get to go on vacation (laughter). And we are…things are happening…

Steve Loter: There’s a lot of development currently at DisneyToon, on a multitude of projects. I will go on record as saying they are very, very exciting. So yeah. We’ll see what the future holds. But for me, it’s 100% vacation. Being on a film for four-and-a-half years is a marathon. It is not a sprint. You have to pace yourself, but I don’t think I've been on a vacation for four-and-a-half years. It’s going to be fun to re-familiarize myself with my family and take some time off. Then, when I show up, we’ll see what the future holds and what the next project can be. Because we’re story-driven and driven by inspiration and not by schedules and marketing, it’s going to be interesting unexplored territory.
Source: http://www.toonzone.net/2015/03/buildin ... el-wigert/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ugh.

Straight answer please already ?!

There clearly aren't any movies in development, that seems quite plain to see. ( Though heartbreaking for me to hear :( ) But would they tell us, "Oh, we've cancelled the line, this is the very last time you can see Pixie Hollow" or just never let us know ?

I can but hope they're taking a break to then come back to it; the series is too special to be gotten rid of. But the main thing, as Sotiris pointed out, its successful for Disney. Why they'd want to chuck it away when its making them money, I don't know.

It would be ever so sad if the films end with Neverbeast. A conclusion linked with Peter is what every fan wants; then again, if they link to Peter then the series really will be over, so maybe its best to prolong it until Peter is seen. That way Tink is still involved in Pixie Hollow.

I would hope there would be a definite 'The series is done'; I suppose we can look to this non answer as being slight ray of hope that there may be something in the works ? Or are they referring to something else you think ?

And the soundtrack came to 'Lost Treasure' ! My word, its absolutely stunning. An absolute joy to listen to.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Atlantica wrote:And the soundtrack came to 'Lost Treasure' ! My word, its absolutely stunning. An absolute joy to listen to.
Agreed.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Perhaps a break isn't such a bad thing. They've been working on these films year after year since... 2006?