LEGO Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

What is your favorite Lego Disney set so far?

Toy Story
27%
Pirates of the Caribbean
53%
Cars
No votes
Duplo Baby Mickey
No votes
Duplo Toy Story
No votes
Prince of Persia
13%
Duplo Winnie-the-Pooh
7%
Duplo Cars
No votes

Total votes: 15

milojthatch
Collector's Edition

LEGO Disney

Post by milojthatch »

Ok, this is the thread for all things Lego Disney. Besides the Mickey and Pooh Legos made for younger builders, Lego has come up with official sets for "Toy Story 3" and "Prince of Persia" last year, and now this year, sets for "Pirates of the Caribbean," and "Cars 2."

Any Lego fans here? Anyone play the "Lego Pirates" game? Anyone have thoughts on what should be in possible second waves for the "Pirates" and "Cars" sets? Maybe what the next Lego Disney sets should be? Feel free to share!
Last edited by milojthatch on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

ive only got the toy story legos and one set of POTC so far. i love them all! the only thing i hate is the price. the lego set of the lighthouse in POTC is $179NZD. far, far too much. gonna wait for a sale, or hopefully find them on ebay for less.

im currently playing the lego POTC ps3 game and loving it. im hoping they will make lego ts and cars games as well, that would be awesome!
big kid at heart
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

sunhuntin wrote:ive only got the toy story legos and one set of POTC so far. i love them all! the only thing i hate is the price. the lego set of the lighthouse in POTC is $179NZD. far, far too much. gonna wait for a sale, or hopefully find them on ebay for less.

im currently playing the lego POTC ps3 game and loving it. im hoping they will make lego ts and cars games as well, that would be awesome!
I agree, Legos have always been priced a bit too high, and these one, like the "Star Wars," "Indy Jones," "SpongeBob," and "Harry Potter" Legos are a bit too high in price. I hear you on that. If it wasn't for that, I'd have more by now!

I'm kind of mad at the Lego Toy Story sets,a s it seems that they are done with them, yet the Potato Heads and Slinky Dog never got the Lego treatment.

I hope we get more waves of "Pirates" sets, and that Davey Jones and the Black Pearl are part of a second wave.

I hear "Monsters Inc" Legos are a possible future set, but I'd love to see them make official sets based on the DAC. Tarzan, Peter Pan and Stitch would make great Lego mini figs.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

i think it would be neat if they did a series like the minifig singles but based on leading disney characters. i can only imagine what snow white or the beast would look like as lego.

i never reaslised they missed some ts characters. i wonder if it was a licensing issue, as barbie never got made either.
i did notice today that angelica isnt in any of the OST sets, which is odd as she was a main part, especially at the fountain of youth. how can you recreate jacks trickery with the chalices without her?

monsters inc lego sounds interesting. wonder if they will be minifig based or more like the ben 10 design?
big kid at heart
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

sunhuntin wrote:i think it would be neat if they did a series like the minifig singles but based on leading disney characters. i can only imagine what snow white or the beast would look like as lego.

i never reaslised they missed some ts characters. i wonder if it was a licensing issue, as barbie never got made either.
i did notice today that angelica isnt in any of the OST sets, which is odd as she was a main part, especially at the fountain of youth. how can you recreate jacks trickery with the chalices without her?

monsters inc lego sounds interesting. wonder if they will be minifig based or more like the ben 10 design?
Angelica is exclusively with the Queen Ann's Revenge set. Which stinks as it's the most expensive one!

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Queen-Annes- ... 945&sr=1-1

I know, how cool would it be to have Donald Duck or Alice and the Mad Hatter as Legos? I know Lego fans, like myself, have made costume mini figs if some of these characters, but I'd love officials! I myself made a custom Etch-a-Sketch to go with my Lego Toy Story sets last year, and it looks good, but I;'d rather have an official.

I wonder what "Monster's Inc" Legos would look like as well. The interesting thing, is I never read about their being Legos for "Brave."

-Walt Disney
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

ooo, didnt know that! thanks for that. will have to make sure to get that one.

id love to see pics of your custom etch if you have any? ive never done any customization with lego, not overly imaginative in that area, lol.

brave got canned didnt it? that might be why theres no legos for it. wall-e lego would be neat.
big kid at heart
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I was thinking of maybe making a video showing people how to make the custom Etch. It's not that hard.

As for Wall-E, while no official sets, he isn't to hard to make into a Lego either. Here are some different customs I've run into:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=333549

(This one goes great with mini figs!)
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=326993

(as does this one)
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=336471

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=330663

Here are some costume decals I had made a few years ago, but my custom DVD covers have taken all my time since. I'd like to get back to this later though.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=200786

-Walt Disney
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

I saw the Pirates Lego at Target last weekend and was so tempted. If the prices hadn't been so absurd, I probably would have bought them. But I opted for The Queen Anne's Revenge model ship instead.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

^^ I know, they want over $100 for the "Queen Ann's Revenge" set. Stinking Lego!

-Walt Disney
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

omg, those wall-es are gorgeous! thanks for that. :D
big kid at heart
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Pirates and Prince of Persia!
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

^^ You know at a number of stores, the Prince of Persia Legos are on clearance. Great time to pick those sets up. I saw then at my local Target for about at least 10% less then they normal sell for.

I thought this was a nice custom Dory:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3896642

-Walt Disney
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Lego Sets

Post by milojthatch »

I'm bringing this thread back up for good reasons. Besides the rather successful Disney Princess LEGO's that are part of LEGO's new girl based "LEGO Friends" collection, word is that in 2016 LEGO is rolling out Disney minifigs!

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-disney- ... -for-2016/

And there are pictures!

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/ ... ced-71012/

Apparently, the confirmed characters are:

-Captain Hook
-Genie
-Syndrome
-Mr Incredible
-Peter Pan
-Ursula

Is this not the coolest news EVER?! I don't know about the rest of you, but I want this entire series!

-Walt Disney
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: LEGO Disney

Post by milojthatch »

Here is a list of new Frozen and Palace Pets LEGO sets coming out next year in 2016. I'm personally not interested in any of these, but maybe someone on this forum is?

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Disney-P ... /year-2016

-Walt Disney
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

New Beauty and the Beast castle from LEGO coming this summer!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLg72P5 ... u.be&t=17s

The characters are really well done!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This may be the wrong place to post this, but... Does anyone else wish they would make LEGO games for Disney's animated films? I haven't played many LEGO games because most of the properties aren't interesting to me, but the games for Harry Potter (Years 1-4 and Years 5-7), The Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean are all fantastic. I wish they would do something similar with Disney films.

I know it would be hard to stretch one film out to the length of the above games, but it would be possible if they did every single scene of a film maybe? Of course, they could always make a three-way film title--perhaps leaving you the choice to play any one of three films at the Main Menu? Or maybe have a central area based on Walt Disney World where the different films intersect? :P I know, I know, it's never going to happen, but they are very fun games, and very detailed, we-done, and hilarious. It would be so much fun to play B&tB and explore the castle, Frozen, TLK, or TLM, and have a diverse array of abilities and environments, etc.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

The first image of the new LEGO Disney minifigures is up!

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/ ... ot-reveal/

-Walt Disney
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

milojthatch wrote:The first image of the new LEGO Disney minifigures is up!

They look amazing. I'll definitely be getting each and every one of these! Looks like they all pair up except for Stitch and Maleficent so I hope this means Lilo and Aurora will be coming as well.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
milojthatch wrote:The first image of the new LEGO Disney minifigures is up!

They look amazing. I'll definitely be getting each and every one of these! Looks like they all pair up except for Stitch and Maleficent so I hope this means Lilo and Aurora will be coming as well.
Agreed! I hope a Wave 2 isn't far behind. Continuing from this wave, I'd love to see Elastigirl, Dash, Violet and Frozone, Lilo, Aurora, Jasmine, Jafar, Goofy and Pluto. As for new additions, I'd love to see Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, Darkwing Duck, Megavolt, Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, Robin Hood, The Sheriff of Nottingham, and maybe Pocahontas and John Smith.

Either way, I'm really excited about this! It's about dang time I say! :D

-Walt Disney
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

milojthatch wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: They look amazing. I'll definitely be getting each and every one of these! Looks like they all pair up except for Stitch and Maleficent so I hope this means Lilo and Aurora will be coming as well.
Agreed! I hope a Wave 2 isn't far behind. Continuing from this wave, I'd love to see Elastigirl, Dash, Violet and Frozone, Lilo, Aurora, Jasmine, Jafar, Goofy and Pluto. As for new additions, I'd love to see Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, Darkwing Duck, Megavolt, Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, Robin Hood, The Sheriff of Nottingham, and maybe Pocahontas and John Smith.

Either way, I'm really excited about this! It's about dang time I say! :D
You've basically spoken my mind, because I would love to see all those characters as well. I'd also love to see Quasimodo and Esmeralda although those two are highly unlikely. If not them then other classics like Cruella, Baloo, Snow White, Oswald, the Blue Fairy, Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey