Renaming or splitting up Off-topic thread?

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Renaming or splitting up Off-topic thread?

Post by Goliath »

I have a question for the moderators. A thread in Off-topic which began with a very specific little bit of news has turned into a very broad discussion of politics of immigration, race, discrimination, extremism etc. This discussion has thus far only attracted two people: Scarred4Life and myself. I think the title has a lot to do with it, which probably leads to people not bothering to check it. This is the thread:

Sweden plans deportation of Christian-convert imam by Disneyphile
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28176

I would like to draw more people to the thread, but I think it's not gonna happen with this title. So I would want to ask the moderators to do one of these things: either ask Disneyphile if he's okay with changing this thread's title or slit the thread and starting a new thread with the old posts copied, starting with the first one not specific to the old thread's subject.

Could this be done? Thanks in advance.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

That's an excellent idea, I'd love to hear more people's inputs on the subject. :)
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I'm glad you agree, Scarred, but I'm a bit disappointed that I still haven't gotten a response from a moderator after more than a week. :(
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Did you also E-Mail them?

You can try it. Usually gets me nowhere.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

I don't know about the other moderators, but I'm back to my typical crazy schedule so e-mail is the only way you can guarantee hearing back from me in a timely manner.

Thanks! :tink:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

I just read this thread, and I'm fine with changing the title to something generic like "Discussion of race, immigration and forced deportation." Several TSA-related threads were merged into a catch-all thread, and that worked out well.
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Like Renata, the best way to reach me is through e-mail. The likely hood that I will notice a post in Feedback is very slim these days. If I get 5-10 minutes a day to spend on the forums, I am doing good. In fact, this is the first time this year I have had enough time to make a post.

If you need me, send me an e-mail. If you don't hear back from me within 24 hours, that means I didn't get your e-mail, and you should try to private message me instead. I get an average of 200 e-mails sent to my spam box every day, so if your e-mail ends up in the spam folder instead of the inbox, I will never see it. I don't have the time to look through that many e-mails on the off chance there is one e-mail that should not have went there.

Now for the topic on hand, since Disneyphile has no problem changing the title of the thread in question, I changed it to the name he suggested.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I DID split the two threads. But now I've merged them (or re-merged, as the case may be)!
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Thanks, mods! :)