Mean Girls 2

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Mean Girls 2

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://tommy2.net/content/?p=17634
Paramount Famous Productions has begun principal photography on its latest motion picture, Mean Girls 2, in Atlanta, GA. The long-awaited follow-up to the 2004 hit Mean Girls goes back to high school for more catty comedy with a cast that includes Meaghan Jette Martin (Camp Rock 1 & 2) as Jo and Jennifer Stone (Wizards of Waverly Place) will co-star as the independent-minded Abby. Maiara Walsh (Cory in the House) also stars as mean girl Mandi, along with Nicole Anderson (Jonas) and Claire Holt (H2O: Just Add Water) as the school’s ruling trio of “The Plastics.” Additional cast includes Latin pop star Diego Boneta (Pretty Little Liars) as Tyler, Jo’s love interest and Tim Meadows (Grown Ups) who will reprise his role as the school’s principal, Mr. Duvall.
Long-awaited? :lol: I love Mean Girls as much as the next person, but this sounds unnecessary. BUT, I am liking the cast, so hopefully the script will be decent so the talent isn't waisted. I'm definitely curious about this one, but my hopes are not high...not yet, anyway. I think I assumed that it was DTV, but I guess the blurb doesn't mention that.

And the plot on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Girls_2

It doesn't sound half bad, actually... And if nothing else, it'll be fun seeing all those Disney girls together.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

No, no, no, noooooo! :(

I like the original, but you just can't do this- especially without Tina Fey!!

Must be a DTV, though. Ugh. Does this mean Mean Girls is the new Bring it On?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Yeah, that's totally a direct-to-video cast. Good to see that Tim Meadows has made an opening in his schedule for it, though.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

It actually looks more like an ABC Family movie... or... a Disney Channel one? :headshake:
Duckburger
Special Edition

Post by Duckburger »

No Tina Fey, and no original cast, means a no-view from me. And the direct-to-video part also doesn't sound very promising.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

I was just about to say that! Looks like an ABC Family movie. Sadly, I don't have access to any TV right now. Then again, I probably wouldn't catch this. The first Mean Girls was good, though I wasn't in love with it, but God it had some gorgeousness in it! Lohan, actually, was a goddess in that movie, and to this day I worship Amanda Seyfried. As for this new one, I don't know about most of this cast. Jennifer Stone? Really? Not that I dislike her or anything, but I would more likely expect Selena Gomez in a Mean Girls movie over Jennifer Stone. She's got the looks AND the chops. Don't care to see anyone from Cory in the House in anything though. However, any chance to see Meaghan Jette Martin, Claire Holt, and Nicole Gale Anderson is something I'd jump for, so I probably WILL buy this when it comes out, ha.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

This might explain this...well....Nintendo DS Game

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=76992

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

*Of course* it is happening! What else would Hollywood turn out? An original movie??! :lol:
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

disneyboy20022 wrote:This might explain this...well....Nintendo DS Game

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=76992

I'm not sure what sort of gameplay this involves, but my head is reeling at the possibilities! :twisted:
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I still haven't even seen the first yet.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Mean Girls 2 is happening...

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:http://tommy2.net/content/?p=17634
Paramount Famous Productions has begun principal photography on its latest motion picture, Mean Girls 2, in Atlanta, GA. The long-awaited follow-up to the 2004 hit Mean Girls goes back to high school for more catty comedy with a cast that includes Meaghan Jette Martin (Camp Rock 1 & 2) as Jo and Jennifer Stone (Wizards of Waverly Place) will co-star as the independent-minded Abby. Maiara Walsh (Cory in the House) also stars as mean girl Mandi, along with Nicole Anderson (Jonas) and Claire Holt (H2O: Just Add Water) as the school’s ruling trio of “The Plastics.” Additional cast includes Latin pop star Diego Boneta (Pretty Little Liars) as Tyler, Jo’s love interest and Tim Meadows (Grown Ups) who will reprise his role as the school’s principal, Mr. Duvall.
Long-awaited? :lol: I love Mean Girls as much as the next person, but this sounds unnecessary. BUT, I am liking the cast, so hopefully the script will be decent so the talent isn't waisted. I'm definitely curious about this one, but my hopes are not high...not yet, anyway. I think I assumed that it was DTV, but I guess the blurb doesn't mention that.

And the plot on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Girls_2

It doesn't sound half bad, actually... And if nothing else, it'll be fun seeing all those Disney girls together.
I think they should have unknown actresses to play some roles and a few stars to keep it interesting,but this looks like a Disney channel movie. In fact,to make the sequel more interesting,they should have the movie revolving around a male character to make it more original.It should be about how teenage boys misjudge hot girls in high-school.The chicks should be attractive yet with different characteristics.( such as bitchy-ness,insecurity,honesty,pride,humility,sensuality,congeniality etc......)
The girls can't be all bimbo.They must have some sort of modesty or there would be no conflict in the movie.(In other words,the main character would just be getting laid throughout the movie.)
Does it sound too much like RJ Berger?
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Wasn't there also a spin-off in production? Something like Mean Moms?

Update: found it!
Much like "Mean Girls," "Mean Moms" will be based on an advice book by Rosalind Wiseman. Wiseman's "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World" was the basis for the Lindsay Lohan flick. The new film will take on the subject of the author's 2006 book, "Queen Bee Moms and Kingpin Dads: Dealing With the Parents, Teachers, Coaches, and Counselors Who Can Make — or Break — Your Child's Future."

According to Variety, Dara and Chad Creasey will write the "Mean Moms" screenplay about a "happily married mother of two who moves from small town America to the high class suburbs and is faced with confronting the cut throat world of competitive parenting."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163953 ... tory.jhtml
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

ugh! Stop trying to make Mean Girls 2 happen, it's not going to happen... :wink:

uh-uh... so fetch.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

supertalies wrote:Wasn't there also a spin-off in production? Something like Mean Moms?

Update: found it!
Much like "Mean Girls," "Mean Moms" will be based on an advice book by Rosalind Wiseman. Wiseman's "Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World" was the basis for the Lindsay Lohan flick. The new film will take on the subject of the author's 2006 book, "Queen Bee Moms and Kingpin Dads: Dealing With the Parents, Teachers, Coaches, and Counselors Who Can Make — or Break — Your Child's Future."

According to Variety, Dara and Chad Creasey will write the "Mean Moms" screenplay about a "happily married mother of two who moves from small town America to the high class suburbs and is faced with confronting the cut throat world of competitive parenting."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163953 ... tory.jhtml
If there are a lot of single women who are older it might as well be called Mean Cougars :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

No. Just plain no.

Just becuase one movie was really great, DOES NOT MEAN IT ABSOLUTLEY MUST RIGHT NOW WHILE ITS HOT have a sequel.

End of conversation.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

OMG, I so can't wait for this! I love Mean Girls 1, and now they are making a second one! :D

Hmm, maybe not. ;)
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

And both sequels don't have Tina Fey on board.

She like *invented* Mean Girls, you know what I mean? :P
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

supertalies wrote:And both sequels don't have Tina Fey on board.

Actually, Mean Girls was based on a book. But, yeah, Fey along with Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams were the main reasons why Mean Girls was so good. I actually put off seeing it for many years and then I finally got around to watching it about a year ago and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

It's because of Mean Girls (in addition to Parent Trap, Freaky Friday and A Prairie Home Companion), that I'm one of five people on the planet who still think Lohan is capable of delivering some more great performances.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Yes this cast REEKS "straight to video". And no Tina Fey or Lindsay Lohan means an instant "no thanks" from me. MEAN GIRLS was an unexpected hit; I can't see lightning striking twice, lest not with a second-string cast...

The original is one of my guilty pleasures.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

estefan wrote:
supertalies wrote:And both sequels don't have Tina Fey on board.

Actually, Mean Girls was based on a book. But, yeah, Fey along with Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams were the main reasons why Mean Girls was so good. I actually put off seeing it for many years and then I finally got around to watching it about a year ago and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

It's because of Mean Girls (in addition to Parent Trap, Freaky Friday and A Prairie Home Companion), that I'm one of five people on the planet who still think Lohan is capable of delivering some more great performances.
Yes, I know MG was based on the self-help book, but all the characters and the story were created by Tina Fey.

And here is also one of the five people on this planet. :P
I actually was a fan of Lohan and I truly believe she has talent. If only she could get a chance to proof it!

That's also why I think it was so unfair they didn't include her picture on the DS game cover! She was the main character, for crying out loud!

And Cordy, the original MG is everyone's secret pleasure. They just don't want to admit it! :wink: :P