uhh....new addres for the forums now?

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

uhh....new addres for the forums now?

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Uhh...I'm guessing there's a new address for the forums.....what's going on? is it still going to be the UD forums or the DVDIZZY Forums or the UD/DVDIZZY forums.....also i'm sure Luke is in the process of doing this but mention that the the forum site has changed for people who are still typing in www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/ since that get's me to old billy boy lost where..... :P

I don't mind the change....it's the people using the computers that chat on the forums and are on this site I come here to talk with...the name doesn't matter so much..because there is a lot more out there than Disney right now...so call it' Luke's Corner i'll still come if I can to post and join in discussions with the people who are here already and new people who are not spammers....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Name change, I don't care- it's still the same great site!

I'm just glad to see the forum up and running again! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Right now, every existing forum page is being redirected to the new address, with two troubling exceptions, one being the one you posted (without the final /, which I'm going to add to yours). I'm looking into correcting these ASAP.

The reasons for the domain change are complicated and not really worth going into, but suffice it to say that for now, the address for the forum and the front page change are all I see changing now.

Please let me know if you are experiencing any problems or nuisances from this, aside from the two currently broken redirects. Thanks!
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

Dang, now I'm going to have to type more letters in the address bar before autocomplete gets me here... :P

I don't think I have any other 'U' sites, so all I had to do was type 'u' and ultimatedisney.com/forum would come up...

DVD, on the other hand.... DVDAF, DVD Planet, DVD Beaver, and now DVDizzy!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I'm not concerned about the name change either, it's the content on the site I care about. :) Though I imagine some of the staunchiest "this site is Ultimate DISNEY" fans will be annoyed that Ultimate Disney content now has to be accessed via DVDizzy. But I think it makes more sense now to have everything all under the umbrella "link" of DVDizzy rather than continually separating certain UD links and certain DVDizzy links. The two are one and since all the UD content is still available, I see no problem with it being hosted under the DVDizzy name.

And since we can still type UD links and have it automatically redirect, most bookmarks really won't need to be changed. :)

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I don't see a problem with the name change. And I do like how it redirects from ultimatedisney.com. But I'm glad the forum is up and running now- I missed it yesterday afternoon!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Hmm... I've been having a couple technical problems with the site since the change...

Everytime I go to the forum index page, all the images are red x's. Sometimes, when I log in, the images come back, sometimes not, and this goes for the entire rest of the forum. Also, I've been having to type in my user name and password a couple of times before I'm actually logged in, and when that happens, all the new threads appear as "read" instead of "unread". And when it does work, and I click on the "unread" icon, all it does is take me to the start of the page where the new posts are, instead of taking me directly to the newest post as it did before.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Glad to hear people are okay with this.

UmbrellaFish, what is the address you are visiting at?

It should be http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/

If you're missing that last slash, you are redirected to a version of the forum that works but probably in the way you're describing. Still trying to figure out how to fix it, but reluctant to try anything that messes up the rest of the order that's been restored.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Luke wrote:Glad to hear people are okay with this.

UmbrellaFish, what is the address you are visiting at?

It should be http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/

If you're missing that last slash, you are redirected to a version of the forum that works but probably in the way you're describing. Still trying to figure out how to fix it, but reluctant to try anything that messes up the rest of the order that's been restored.
Well, that makes sense. I wasn't including the back slash. However, that one little problem with the "unread posts" icon is still there, but at least I don't see red x's anymore! :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Tangled, Brave, now this!
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Disney Duster wrote:Tangled, Brave, now this!
My thoughts exactly. Well, it'll always be UD to me. But I do admit, I'm not a huge fan of the name change. It is, however, a more accurate representation of what the site's become. I mean, for goodness sakes, look at the banner. I mean, there are only 3 real Disney movie on it at all, and they're mostly relegated to corners. I'm starting to think of this more as just a random movie site that just happens to have some Disney fans hanging around. So, in that regard, I guess DVDizzy really does fit a little better.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I was just trying to be funny. The forum itself, and a good enough amount of times on the front page...it still feels like THE place to be for Disney news and discussing. I think it always will be for me. I agree I think it needs to go back to being as Disney as it once was in address, banner, and front page, but...it still is my home for Disney. I still love this place Luke! Thank you!
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Don't get me wrong, I love it, too! I'm just saying, you know... It isn't really Disney-oriented enough to have Disney in the address anymore, I suppose.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hmm...I think the forum is still Disney enough for it.

Speaking of, LUKE, the forum cannot be accessed when typing in ultimatedisney.com/forum, and some links to it that aren't on the front page don't work, either. Will these be fixed...?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disney Duster wrote:Hmm...I think the forum is still Disney enough for it.

Speaking of, LUKE, the forum cannot be accessed when typing in ultimatedisney.com/forum, and some links to it that aren't on the front page don't work, either. Will these be fixed...?
The slash-less issue is something of a stumper for me and for my host. And unfortunately, it looks like many of the hand-coded links for the forum are lacking that slash (one dang slash and it doesn't work). I wish I knew how to fix it with just a couple of lines of code (like the other redirects). Anyone with expertise on this kind of thing is welcome to help.

I've been updating the formatting on various reviews since about last November and I've barely made a dent. At least the forum links from my master scripts are functional. Correcting individual links is just a massive undertaking that I'm not sure will be worth the time it requires. I would hope people faced with that error page could figure out how to search for and find the forum (but knowing human nature, I'm sure many don't bother).
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh. Well then maybe I can mention it in threads where people who might know how to do it can help. But if that doesn't work I hope someone comes in here and sees the problem who can help.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hey I just tried to add this to my signature:

"LUKE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HAND-CODED LINKS, CAN YOU HELP HIM? LOOK IN THE FEEDBACK SECTION OF OUR FORUM!"

And it said I needed to fill in the required fields. I guess those are the ones with the * by them, but some of those are only for changing my password or E-mail, which I don't? What gives?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Just re-type your password in "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" whenever you need to update your profile. It's a weird glitch, but is only a minor inconvenience.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

UmbrellaFish wrote:And when it does work, and I click on the "unread" icon, all it does is take me to the start of the page where the new posts are, instead of taking me directly to the newest post as it did before.
Luke I'm glad this has been fixed! As usual- great job with the site! :D
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Questions Luke or Scaps or someone...

If your inbox in 100% full, you can't get any new messages anyone sends you?

And

When you save a mesaage in your ibox, does that remove it from your in box so you can get new messages, seperate from saved messages?