X-Men: The Animated Series

All topics on all things Marvel.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I went to every store in town that sells DVDs yesterday trying to find these, but came up empty handed. Either nobody bothered ordering them (unlikely) or even in my small town these DVDs are selling like hot-cakes.

The rest of the series is pretty much guaranteed.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Widdi wrote:The rest of the series is pretty much guaranteed.
I know! Isn't it wonderful?!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
JamesDFarrow
Gold Classic Collection

DMC Canada - X-Men?

Post by JamesDFarrow »

I received the monthly flyer/card this month and it has the 2 X-Men collections listed in it.

I went to the DMC Canada site and I will be damed if I can find them there.

Is it possible that the flyer is out and the website not updated yet?

Can anyone tell me if they are listed on the US site?

Thanks,

James
James D. Farrow
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
JamesDFarrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JamesDFarrow »

I am trying to buy them. I got my monthly DMC Canada flyer but I will be danged if I can find them on the website.

Grrrrrrr!!!!!

James :x
James D. Farrow
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Don't worry James, I'm sure you'll find them.

God, I just finished watching Night of the Sentinels part 1 & 2...

Over time you forget how bad the animation is, especially by today's standards, but they're just so bad ass you don't care! This is the true X-Team, ladies and gentlemen, in all their glory.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Re: DMC Canada - X-Men?

Post by jrboy »

JamesDFarrow wrote:I received the monthly flyer/card this month and it has the 2 X-Men collections listed in it.

I went to the DMC Canada site and I will be damed if I can find them there.

Is it possible that the flyer is out and the website not updated yet?

Can anyone tell me if they are listed on the US site?

Thanks,

James
It's not on the us site. You may have gotten the flyer early, the site should be updated when they add the new feature title which should be Tuesday.

P.S. what the next feature title?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Are there any bonus features on the two volumes?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JamesDFarrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JamesDFarrow »

Thanks!

For the DMC Canada it's "Bedtime Stories".

James :)
James D. Farrow
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

None.
xxhplinkxx wrote:Btw, it also sucks that there were no bonus features. It would be nice to get some interviews or audio commentaries for future Volumes. Perhaps some with Stan Lee? He's always a riot and so enthusiastic. Also Chris Claremont would be great, though too bad they didn't have it for these volumes which feature Days of Future Past, but they can do it for the next one hopefully that will have The Dark Phoenix Saga!

I love Siren!
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

sotiris2006 wrote:Are there any bonus features on the two volumes?
No. It is pretty much just a straight transfer like DuckTales and most of the other Disney Afternoon sets. Hopefully, X-Men doesn't get abandoned with one volume to go like most of them did. The episodes do seem to be uncut, so that is nice. They look like they are selling fast in my town, too. They were sold out in the new release section of Best Buy, but I found some in the tv section. Unfortunately, mine had no slipcovers.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

This set has slipcovers????
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

CampbellzSoup wrote:This set has slipcovers????
slipcovers
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Aw, you have one of the Marvel Mighty Muggs! :D

I'm ordering the Cyclops one. :)

I love Siren!
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I haven't watched this show since I was a kid, but I have interest in seeing it again. Would those of you who have purchased these two volumes recommend them to a casual fan of the series?
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Then you should definitely pick up these sets! Support it so Disney releases the rest of the series! :D

I love Siren!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

goofystitch wrote:I haven't watched this show since I was a kid, but I have interest in seeing it again. Would those of you who have purchased these two volumes recommend them to a casual fan of the series?

Being a casual fan myself....I would for sure recomend getting these...I also think I have not watched this show since I was a Kid (excluding being on Disney XD or episode comiplations such as about Wolverine)

I didn't understand the series when I was a kid...all I remember is Wolverine being my favorite and that's about it....but when I watched Night of the Sentinels I remember thats the first one I ever watched and I really didn't get the story at all when or the characters (I was 5 years old when I watched that episode)

So Buy and SUpport... :D You won't regret your purchase
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Thanks for the input. I just ordered both volumes from the Disney Movie Club for $7.18 each with their current promotion of by 1 at full price, get the rest for 60% off.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I'm a casual fan of the series and since Disney XD airs this at the most ridiculous time of the day (really late at night like 11 PM or 12 AM) I'd highly recommend the DVDs.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Does these "X-Men" DVD's did include the pilot "Pryde of the X-Men" from around 1987 or so? This pilot was featured on one of the New World VHS tapes that we used to have since I was a youngster. The intro was pretty cool, let's give it a watch.

X-Men Intro (Pilot)
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

No. The pilot wasn't for this series. It was for, as you said, Pryde of the X-Men. It never got picked up though. This series is just X-Men, and it has nothing to do with the former.

I love Siren!