Your Disney Story (Introductions Thread)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
candydog
Gold Classic Collection

Post by candydog »

Yes!!! I'm the 1000th person in this thread!!!
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

What a difference five years makes.

We now have THREE ( :o ) kids (7, 2, 3 months) and we are now shifting over to Blu-Rays :D
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Jim's Jewel
Limited Issue

Post by Jim's Jewel »

Hi there!
I had been lurking around this board for about a week or two now and finally decided to join.

My name is Anna, I'm in highschool and I've loved Disney films for as long as I could remember. My first Disney film I saw at the cinema was (*thinks*) probably "The Lion King", which is one of my favorite Disney movies. :) My other favorites would probably include:

1. Treasure Planet (My all-time favorite!)
2. The Black Cauldron
3. Beauty & the Beast
4. The Little Mermaid
5. Robin Hood

(Except for the first film listed, these aren't in any particular order.)

In terms of music, I have a growing collection of Disney soundtracks, (I don't have too many yet, though...) and I also like to listen to rock and Broadway Cast Recordings.

So, there you go, some random tidbits about me, so I'm going to start posting now.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Welcome, Anna! I hope you have fun here! :)

I'm Amy, and I'm glad that you listed "The Black Cauldron" as one of your favorite Disney movies!!! :)
Jan<3
Limited Issue

Post by Jan<3 »

My love for Disney started when I went to Disneyland for the first time back in 2002. I went with my friend, and when we got back we were both just in love with Disney. So we started collecting the movies. My first DVD came to me as a Christmas present back in 2005, which was The Hunchback of Notre Dame. After that I kept on collecting Disney movies, and listening to Disney music and just totally getting stoaked on it. I love watching Disney movies, they make me feel so calm and at peace, I know that sounds nerdy but haha whatever. I'm sometimes ashamed of me liking Disney DVDs because I'm a 17 year old male, and sometimes I think if people found out I loved Disney movies, they would be like "Umm, weirdo". Because not every 17 year old guy is entertained by movies like Cinderella II: Dreams Come True or The Little Mermaid? Haha, but ya. By the way, I'm Jan and I'm a somewhat new member here. [/i]
CherryLime

Introduction

Post by CherryLime »

Hello out there UD! My name is Jess and I come from the over populated state of Texas! Im 19 years old and have been a Disney freak since I was a kid.

My Disney love started with Beauty and The Beast. It’s the first Disney film I remember watching on video and I have very fond memories of it. I loved the music and would sing along to every song even dressing up as Belle sometimes! :oops:

I also had/have an addiction to one of my favorites. The Lion King. I remember the music and the fun of the movie and of course the part where Mufasa saves Simba but get trampled by the wilder beast below. I always cried at that part because it's simply a sad part of the movie.

And I can never forget The Little Mermaid. Part of Your World is quite possibly one my favorite Disney songs aside from Beauty and The Beast. The entire story about Ariel's love of the world above her always made me daydream about a possible world of merpeople. Of course it was just fantasy but it was fun when you were 5 years old and still think that Tinkerbelle might be related to the Tooth Fairy.

I am also a big fan of the Princess movies including TLM. Big fan of Cinderella! I love the songs and the dance scene because of Cinderella's sparkly gown. I am also one of the proud few who enjoyed Cinderella 2 Dreams Come True. Although I only care for the first and last stories but I still like it. And yes I enjoyed Cinderella 3 a Twist in Time. Sleeping Beauty and Mulan are also favorites. I know Mulan isn’t considered a Princess because her Prince Charming is actually a General but still.

Ok now I’m just rambling. But as you can see I’m a big fan of Disney from the princess movies to Toy Story and Monsters’ Inc. To be honest I’m not a huge fan of live action/new school Disney but some of the shows are watchable.*Kim Possible* What?! It was a cute show!

So that’s my Disney story .l Not the most interesting one by far I’m sure but it’s all mine.
:)
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Welcome to UD, Jess! :)
CherryLime

Post by CherryLime »

PeterPanfan wrote:Welcome to UD, Jess! :)

Thank you! I hope to stalk everyone on the forum! :P
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

Welcome to all the new people.
That's hot.
Astera121

Post by Astera121 »

Woo hoo... my first post on UD! I've been reading the forums for the past year or so, finally bothered to register. :P I'm 16, the name is Charity, the "121" stands for my birthday, January 21st!

I'm known as the Disney fan in my class, I've loved watching Disney movies ever since before I can remember. I had a lot of Disney videos as a kid and I like to collect them now too. I have twice as many now than I did when I was little. The oldest one I own is a copy of Pinocchio from 1986.

Let's see... what else...

Eh, that's all I can think of. :/
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Welcome to UD, Charity! I like that name...there's a character with that name in Anything Goes! She's one of Reno Sweeney's four Angels, haha.

Anyway, I'm Daniel and welcome again.

:)
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Hello, everybody! I already made a few posts before I learned about this thread, I hope you don't mind.

Anyway, my name is Muamer (or Mooky), I'm 23 years old and have been in love with everything Disney ever since I can remember. The first Disney film I saw was "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (how appropriate :) ), I was 5 or 6 at the time.

My favorite Disney films are "Beauty and the Beast", "Aladdin", and "The Little Mermaid". My least favorite Disney film is "Chicken Little" - words can't describe how much I loathe it, I even try to refrain myself from calling it a Disney film.

I'm a student of Economics and my majors are Banking and Insurance - it's the most boring thing in the world (for me, at least), but what can you do - those are the most lucrative careers here in B&H. I'm pretty good at drawing (or that's what I tell myself :) ) so I thought of pursuing a career in arts, but the urge for money was stronger :) .

My other interests (beside Disney) are superhero movies, fantasy films, pop-rock music of the '80s and '90s, books (I love Harry Potter and Agatha Christie's novels) and toys :oops: .

That's about it. :)

Oh, and I have a yellow tomcat called Žile (whose name was Simba at first, but he soon started behaving like Scar :)).

Now I'm done.
Last edited by Mooky on Sat May 24, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

Hi. I've lurked on and off for awhile now, but finally decided to join. I am a child of the 80's. Some of my fondest memories as a kid are of my parents taking me to see all the Disney classics in the theaters. My favorite Disney movies are Aladdin and Beauty & the Beast. My favorite Disney cartoon shows are Gummi Bears and DuckTales.

As for my non-Disney interests, I am pretty big into 80's cartoons. I've gotten quite a few on DVD. My favorites are He-Man, G.I. Joe, and Transformers. My favorite 90's cartoon show is probably The Pirates of Dark Water (where I took my name from).
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Hi! I'm New!

Post by UmbrellaFish »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Hi everyone! I'm UmbrellaFish and I am very excited to be here. I've know about the forum and homepage for awhile, and I've finally decided to join. My two favorite movies are The Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins. Anyway, hi!
Ha, ha, ha! Hello everybody! You may have noticed that I haven't been on in about a month. Well, long story short, I lost my password, was unable to retrieve it through the e-mail address I had used when I signed up on UD, and I have been surfing through IMDB since. I did try to create some new accounts, but they never worked. So today I got up the gumption to e-mail Luke, and I got my account back! YAY!!!!! :pink: :pink: :pink: :party: :pink: :pink: :party: :tlm: :pink: :pink: :tlm:

Very glad to be back! I missed you guys SO much!
Juuchan17
Limited Issue

Post by Juuchan17 »

Wow, I've been posting on this site (lurking actually for about a year before finally joining) and I didn't even see this thread . . . *sweatdrops*

Anyway, I'm Juuchan17 (I've used this name on several other forums too, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've encountered me elsewhere!), and I'm currently 22 years old and a Disney fan since . . . gah, probably since I drew my first piece of legiable art at around three years old! (It was Dumbo . . . well, based on the big ears and all, it resembled him anyway!)

Ever since then, I had a goal of one day working for Disney and becoming an animator. Well, since then, I've just wanted to be a Disney fan (ever since they stopped the traditional animation there . . . *sigh*), and boy have I!

I've visited Disneyland/CA Adventure twice, Walt Disney World (and its many parks) three times, and I have been collecting Disney merchandise for as long as I can remember.

I have a soft spot for sequels, strangely (although I loathe 2/3 of Cindy2 with a passion . . . guess which part I do like?). Some of my favorite Disney films currently are part of the line of sequels/midquels/prequels/etc . . . which are:

- TLK2: Simba's Pride (I like Kiara . . . I know, her character's overrated)
- TLM2: Return to the Sea (Hey, it's the Little Mermaid! But I really just like it for Melody)
- Cindy3: A Twist in Time (I was doubtful at first, but this surprised me as a nice twist to a classic love story)
- Lady & the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure (Scamp/Angel forever . . . but seriously, they needed to use the right names for Scamp's siblings though . . .)
- Bambi 2 (One of the best DTV midquels ever. Seriously it is)
- . . . I'm saving this spot for TLM:Ariel's Beginning, which I am awaiting in less than two weeks!

But yeah, when it comes to the classics, I prefer animation to live-action (although I do have a fondness to several live-action films, both recent and classic).

The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, The Black Cauldron and . . . probably Lady and the Tramp are my all-time favorite Disney animated films. The Witch Mountain series (I prefer the first over the second somehow), Bridge to Terabithia, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, and . . . I can't think of any more right now . . . but yeah, I like those live-action ones.

Yeah, that's about it. I still draw Disney stuff for fun (mainly Ariel and Melody or anything TLK related) and I write stories too (the only Disney-related ones I have so far are TLK ones).

Again, nice to meetcha!

- Juuchan17
~ Return to the Sea . . . Return to the Little Mermaid! ~
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I realized I had never posted my story, and see it's sort of "customary" to do so. :P

So, as you hopefully know, I'm Daniel. I'm fourteen, and have always been a huge fan of Walt Disney. It all started when my grandma bought me the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs VHS. I used to rent it once every other day from Video Circus that the workers there just sold it to us for $5. So you know my favorite Disney movie is Peter Pan, obviously. I first watched it when I was around...three or four. Anyway, I loved it from the moment Peter said, "Off to Neverland!". It just captivated me. I also used to have a crush on Wendy, but that's beside the point. :lol:

My first visit to Walt Disney World was when I was one and a half years old. We only went to the Magic Kingdom, and I refused to go anywhere but Fantasyland. Seriously. The only exception is when my brother wanted to go on The Haunted Mansion, so we went on that. I closed my eyes the whole time, and the only time I opened them, was coincidentley when the ghost was on my shoulder. So, yeah, I refused to go on that until I was about ten. We've since visited WDW eight times.

As I stated before, the theme parks are my absolute favorite thing about Disney. Followed closely by the music and movies. They're tied.

I stumbled upon UD one day after I received my Peter Pan: Platinum Edition DVD early last year. It has since become my favorite website, and in addition to visiting it more than five times a day ( :oops: ), I have made some great friends here. I regularly talk to Tim, Chris, and Brendan, and talk to Aaron, Amy, Reuben, and Albert sometimes. I just wanted to thank UD for being a fantastic community and an impact on my life!! :)
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Hi! I'm New!

Post by Escapay »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Very glad to be back! I missed you guys SO much!
Yay, UmbrellaFish is back!
Juuchan17 wrote:although I loathe 2/3 of Cindy2 with a passion . . . guess which part I do like?
The end credits? :P
Panfan wrote:and in addition to visiting it more than five times a day ( :oops: )
Hey, now, don't be ashamed of that! When I was a more regular poster (as in, like, more than 20 posts a day instead of what in the last few months have become 20 posts a week) I would always have the UD forum on an open window on my old laptop, and refresh it every so often to see if anything was going on. Geez, no wonder newbies would think I'm a mod (*shudders at the thought*).

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Merryweather__

Post by Merryweather__ »

Hi, I am new. I am Carol, I'm 21 and obviously my favorite Disney film is Sleeping Beauty :)
I think Cinderella and Who Framed Roger Rabbit tie for second.
When I was little I wished I looked like Jasmine from Aladdin HAHA
Umm I guess my Disney Love started when I was 2 and I would dance to the music whenever Cinderella was on.
I don't watch Disney Channel much anymore (mainly since it became 24 hour Hannah Montana channel, I really used to like that show) My favorite Disney show ever is probably That's so Raven.
I've only been to Disneyland once and it was for my graduation present (though the people who took me treated it as THIER gift rather than mine so I didn't get to do much while there) my favorite ride was the Roger Rabbit car Toon Spin :)
Nice to meet you all!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Welcome to UD, Carol! I hope you have a nice time here!
DisneyLuver
Gold Classic Collection

Hi!

Post by DisneyLuver »

Hi, UD!
Finally my account has been activated (thanks a LOT Luke!)
I have visited this forum everyday for like, months, and now I can be part of this! :D
So ya.
Intro? :lol:
I'm a 13 year old boy, and from the username... you can tell I love Disney.
So, hi peoples!!

EDIT: Sorry, I should've posted here. http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242
Sorry :(