Are You 23? (Disney's D23 Fan Club Discussion)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
cornelius
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cornelius »

stitchje1981 wrote:
cornelius wrote:Please can somebody tell me how long the winter issue (Tron cover) of the magazine has been out? I'm in the UK waiting for mine so I realise it will take a bit longer to get to me.
It's been released since november 2nd!
It'll be there with you soon, I haven't received mine either, but it doesn't take long to get here after the release. I live in Belgium btw...
Cool thanks!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Ok so whoever is already a member, what do you think of the club?
I love in New Jersey, 20 minutes away from NYC by car, train 45 minutes to an hour. I do like the train ride though into NYC lol.

I mean what is the benefit for me to join? I was looking at some of the stuff, not really worth it to me. I am not a pin person. How can I get to the events if I live in Jersey?? Do they ever have events in NYC?

Also, is the magazine worth an extra $40.00 to join? They have it where you can join for $34.99 now instead of the $74.99 and you don't get the magazines. I mean do I really need magazines for $40.00 bucks? lol

So what do you think?
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

So I tried to pick up the new issue in the store today and failed. My local Barnes and Noble told me they had the new issues in the back in a box but they aren't unboxing them and putting them on the shelf until the Fall 2010 issues are sold. There are lots of that issue on the shelf. Needless to day I wasn't too happy.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

Does anybody knows when the Disney Store is going to sell the Winter 2010 issue?
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

AladdinFan wrote:Does anybody knows when the Disney Store is going to sell the Winter 2010 issue?
I don't know. I've been looking but I haven't been able to find it.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Various D23 2011 Special Events Announced including January Pre-Screening of New Disney Jr series, Jake and the Never Land Pirates
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10040630.asp
blackcauldron85

D23 makes tweaks & improvements as Disney's official fan club heads into 2011
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... -2011.aspx
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:D23 makes tweaks & improvements as Disney's official fan club heads into 2011
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... -2011.aspx
You know, I really like what I hear about the fan club, but it's just too bad that to actually reap many of the benefits of being a member, you have to live near or around the parks or some metropolitan area, or at least be willing to shell out the cash to travel there.

Well, maybe someday...
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Okay...I got one heck of a surprise in the mail today

The Mail came to the door and my Dad got it and then handed me a D23 welcome to the club....so I open it up and there is a chip and dale luggage tag, a new D23 Watch and the new first D23 issue of 2011...and no membership card included,

The thing is....I never ordered any of this...I haven't re-newed my membership yet (waiting for taxes to do that later this month). So I called Disney Store Online 1-800 number to make sure of my sanity....and After I told them what I got (I didn't even give them my name nor did they ask for it) They said it was sent out by mistake however since it was a goof on their part I may keep the stuff....so I guess to still be in the club I got to pay $80 and I asked would I still receive a membership plus the kit and they said YES.....so be on the look out because it sounds like to me this is more widespread than just me... :float: :D :D :pink: :thumb:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I got all that in the mail today too, but I'm not a new member either! In fact my membership EXPIRES with the Spring issue! I will be renewing, though...
Last edited by carolinakid on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

Congratulations disneyboy20022!

I didn't renew my membership either...
.so be on the look out because it sounds like to me this is more widespread than just me...
*Anxiously waiting for the mail*
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
Phil Johnson

Post by Phil Johnson »

Yep, I got the same mistaken package in the mail. Mine doesn't expire until June, but I couldn't remember exactly when I'd re-upped.

The watch is pretty nice. :)
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I renewed mine and got the package in the mail yesterday, but what's odd is mine didn't come with the luggage tag. Hmm...

Also, is Disney not going to offer a case for their Volume II (2010) issues? The Spring issue for 2010 came with a pamphlet you could send in with a check to get a snazzy case for the Volume I (2009) issues. I was hoping we'd get the same thing for Volume II as the case keeps the magazines secure and with enough room to stick in the extra goodies the issues come with.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Spring 2012 Issue of Disney Twenty-Three Magazine:

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2012/01/b ... ted-films/

The cover looks AMAZING :o
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Woah! That's gorgeous! I can't wait to get this issue. I see that one of the articles is about Wreck-It Ralph. I bet we'll finally get to see some art!!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I'm not a D23 member (too expensive), but this is one issue of the magazine I think I'll need to pick up. Anyone remember the old Disney Magazine? I miss that one. :(
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Just got my latest issue of D23 :)

blackcauldron85

Thanks for posting that! Are most of the DACs mentioned in the article?? And how long is the main title article??
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

@NeverLand: Could you please scan the pages with the "Wreck-It Ralph" article?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Sotiris wrote:@NeverLand: Could you please scan the pages with the "Wreck-It Ralph" article?
Yeah,I am curious on the progress they are having on that movie because I can't wait until its released.I hopefully can see if before the cursed date of December 21,2012. :lol: