Pocahontas problems on blu-ray player?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Pocahontas problems on blu-ray player?

Post by dizfan »

So I decided to watch my 10th Ann. Pocahontas DVD for the first time since I bought a Blu-Ray player and every 10 seconds or so the picture shifts sideways completly like it was on a loop. This is the only DVD that does this.

Does anyone have a Sony machine that could test there Pocahontas DVD on?
MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

I just popped it into my PS3 and it works fine, I hope that helps you. Good Luck!
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Can you take a picture or something?

Maybe it's just a problem with the DVD.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
thatartguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by thatartguy »

Does your player have the latest firmware update? Sounds like an isolated problem to me.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

If your Blu-Ray player is an early model, it may need to be updated. You don't say which model you own, so it is hard to diagnose exactly what might be going on.

I have an LG Network Blu-Ray player and I tried my copy of Pocohontas on it and it works just fine.

If your player is equipped for the BD system, and was made after July 2008, then it should be okay, and you have a disc problem. If your player is an early model of the Blu-Ray, it may not be compatible with some of today's new technologies. Look in the book that came with your player, and see what manufacturer's date is on your player, and then go from there.

:D
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

There is no reason that a Blu-ray player of any make or model should have a problem playing a standard DVD disc. I think you probably just got a defective disc. Try it in another player, and if it still doesn't work, call Disney and they will probably exchange it for you.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>