Lilo & Stitch 2-Disc Big Wave Edition 3/24/09

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Lilo & Stitch 2-Disc Big Wave Edition 3/24/09

Post by jrboy »

Lilo & Stitch (2pc) (Spec)
This title will be released on March 24, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz
Last edited by jrboy on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

If this is true, then about bloody time! (for Americans, at least ...)

And I've nothing more to say, unfortunately.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Took 'em long enough.
A piece of advice for those wondering if this edition is worth the double dip: DO NOT miss out. The fly-on-the-wall style making-of feature is worth every cent. One of the best movie documentaries I've ever seen on DVD format.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Better not assume it'll be identical to the UK release just yet. Disc 2 may just comprise of a "Fungasm with Elvis" activity, "Learn Hawaian in 1 Minute" game, virtual tour of Honolulu, and a rare print of "Coffee and San Francisco".
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Sweet! At the rate they were going, it could have been pushed back to 2012 for a 10th anniversary edition.
Disney-Fan wrote:Took 'em long enough.
A piece of advice for those wondering if this edition is worth the double dip: DO NOT miss out. The fly-on-the-wall style making-of feature is worth every cent. One of the best movie documentaries I've ever seen on DVD format.
Here, here! I have the UK Special Edition and whoa! it has so many goodies, it'd make the original Region 1 DVD envious!
Last edited by Sky Syndrome on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

There's a really dirty name I want to call Disney at the moment. They release this right when Blu-ray is gaining momentum. I'm not about to triple dip on this film (the first DVD, this new 2-disc set, and the inevitable BD), no matter how much I love it. I really hope there's a concurrent BD release, but at this point, I doubt it, and that ticks me off. This is the release we should've gotten years ago.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Too little too late. how long will we have to wait before it hits blu-ray?

Edit: by the way, is there an official press release on this? amazon isn't the most reliable of sources.
Last edited by Kyle on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Disneykid wrote:There's a really dirty name I want to call Disney at the moment. They release this right when Blu-ray is gaining momentum. I'm not about to triple dip on this film (the first DVD, this new 2-disc set, and the inevitable BD), no matter how much I love it. I really hope there's a concurrent BD release, but at this point, I doubt it, and that ticks me off. This is the release we should've gotten years ago.
I completely agree. L&S is one of my favorite DACs of this decade and would gladly pick this up if I hadn't already committed to Blu-ray. Hopefull there will be a concurrent BD release because I would much rather buy it and get the HD than getting L&S for a 3rd time.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Of course, it was inevitable. I had the original dvd when it was released but ebayed it when the SE was originally announced (including ads ON Disney dvds). I waited witihout it until just a few months ago and finally repurchased it. I KNEW that would be all it would take. Well, I won't sell this one off until I have the se IN MY HANDS. I'll probably just give the one discer to a nephew.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

I won't be getting it unless it's on Bluray, Disney.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Wow, this is worthy of the floating emoticon...

:float:

Though my initial reaction was this...

:jawdrop:

Of course, this better be the COMPLETE two-disc set. If they drop the trailers or anything, I'll be mightily pissed off.

And if the "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" music video is STILL that crappy 1-minute cutdown, I'll go mad. Matt will go mad. The whole world will go mad.

albert
Last edited by Escapay on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disneykid wrote:There's a really dirty name I want to call Disney at the moment. They release this right when Blu-ray is gaining momentum. I'm not about to triple dip on this film (the first DVD, this new 2-disc set, and the inevitable BD), no matter how much I love it. I really hope there's a concurrent BD release, but at this point, I doubt it, and that ticks me off. This is the release we should've gotten years ago.
I feel completely the same. I'm glad it's finally out, but I mean really Disney you've waited so long for this I praticialy forgot about it. If you do release it to Blu I'll be sure to pick up up, but for DVD only I'll be very hesitant.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

If this is true, it will be my first DAC DVD double-dip ever! So far I've only 'double dipped' by upgrading my VHSs to DVD.

I hope this is true but I won't believe it until I see a press release.

Press releases are the only thing I go by.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I'm happy to see this finally be put on the schedule again, but am also sad that there is no announcement of a simultaneous Blu-Ray release (and I'm not holding my breath for that announcement either). On the one hand, 2009 will be 6 years after the original DVD release (in the US), which is almost the 7 year rule. However, that edition never went out of print (I am assuming it will quietly be discontinued in January if it hasn't already been secretly vaulted). On top of that, there was some speculation that Stitch would be added to the Platinum line for its 10th anniversary. Since this is back on the schedule, I am assuming that the possibility of a Platinum release was either strictly rumor or has been scrubbed all together.

I'm not giving up hope on an HD release in the near future just yet, though. The format is so new and at the moment Disney doesn't seem to know how to strategically release their immense cannon of films for the HD market. My guess is that once they start releasing some of their hit animated films from the past (the non-Platinum ones), I have a feeling Lilo & Stitch will be one of the first.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Or else they'll re-name it "Platinum Edition" because they think we're stupid enough to fall for that.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I'll actually get this one. I never got around to getting the older edition (or any of it's sequels). I actually don't think I've seen ALL of the film....
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

My mouth dropped; Disney hasn't done that in years. In fact, they should give even more extras for making us wait so much.
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am so excited to see them FINALLY putting out another 2 disc STANDARD DVD for a DAC that isn't a Platinum title!!!!

For awhile it looked like it would never happen, with all the talk of Disney abandoning standard DVD to withold bonus features for Blue Ray. I'm glad to see them throwing a bone to the hardcore fans who are sticking with DVD!

Now, if they would put the 2 disc Tarzan and TENG back into print, and do a 2-disc standard DVD release for Hunchback and Hercules, the contemporary DACs would be in great shape.

There are still some Walt-era DACs that deserve 2 disc DVD releases, too. At the top of my list is Dumbo.

But anyway, thank you, Disney, for not forgetting your standard DVD buyers who are also 2-disc/bonus feature/film enthusiasts.
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

t's taken over six years and many unfulfilled rumors, but Region 1 is finally getting a two-disc DVD of Lilo & Stitch. Disney's last hit 2D-animated theatrical release will resurface in a 2-Disc Big Wave Edition on March 24, 2009, the same day that another major new animated Disney film is set to debut (more on that in about a month). Extras will include deleted scenes, music videos by A*Teens and The Hawaiian Chorus,
Lilo & Stitch Island Adventure Games, "DisneyPedia: Hawaii", "A Stitch in Time", and "much, much more!" That last component should include everything that's made it onto the film's internationally-available Special Editions.
This info is from the front page....

and I bet the other Major New Animated Disney Film that is coming out the same day is: Bolt....but that's just my guess....so I guess in a month due time we will know for sure...

Though I just thought of something...what if the 2nd disc of Lilo and Stitch is just a Digital Copy disc....boy I bet that would cause a riot here on the forums..(including Myself)..and probably a lot of nasty letters would be written or emailed to Disney if that were to happen.. :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Though I just thought of something...what if the 2nd disc of Lilo and Stitch is just a Digital Copy disc....boy I bet that would cause a riot here on the forums..(including Myself)..and probably a lot of nasty letters would be written or emailed to Disney if that were to happen.. :P
DON'T GIVE DISNEY ANY IDEAS!!!!!

:P

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?