Looking for "Saludos Amigos" (Archive Collection)

Post your lists to trade or sell products to other forum members.
Private Pluto

Looking for "Saludos Amigos" (Archive Collection)

Post by Private Pluto »

Hi there. I have the 2-movie collection of "Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros" but as you may know this release is a real stub.

Does anyone have the "Exclusive Archive Collection" of these two movies (which was released in 1995 on Laserdisc) and would be able to make a copy of the bonus material which wasn't released on DVD yet?

Thanx!
Private Pluto

Post by Private Pluto »

I was able to get a copy of that release on DVD.
mvd24
Limited Issue

Post by mvd24 »

May I ask you how/where you got this dvd? I would be interested in seeing this material too.
Still looking for a copy of the Beauty and the Beast laserdisc on dvd too.
Private Pluto

Post by Private Pluto »

A collector who has this Laserdisc made a DVD-copy for me. Don't ask me how he did this, but it seems to be possible.
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Sure it's possible.

You just need a set-top DVD recorder and a laserdisc player.

A friend of mine (Mollyzkoubou, also a member of this forum) has the laserdisc, as well as a few other ones (Cinderella, the NOT SCREWED UP COLORS version, etc)

I've got a pretty good quality transfer of it. Though I think the only differences are that the cigarette was edited out in the DVD release? At one point I had intended on making a cross between the two, using the laserdisc for scenes with that cigarette and the DVD for the rest.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
Private Pluto

Post by Private Pluto »

drfsupercenter wrote:Though I think the only differences are that the cigarette was edited out in the DVD release?
The film itself was recently released uncut on the DVD "Walt & El Grupo" (including that cigarette scene). But the Laserdisc includes tons of bonus stuff which isn't available on DVD.
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

The film itself was recently released uncut on the DVD "Walt & El Grupo" (including that cigarette scene). But the Laserdisc includes tons of bonus stuff which isn't available on DVD.
Really?

Is that a region 1 disc or international? Surprised I haven't heard about this.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
Private Pluto

Post by Private Pluto »

It's an U.S.-release, available almost everywhere (Amazon.com and even at the Disney online store).