Epic Mickey

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

But won't this give people a bad impression of Oswald...unless at the end of the game he realizes that Mickey isn't bad?!?

And if it's about forgotten Disney characters and films, The Black Cauldron so has to be involved and I will have to watch the game being played in YouTube videos or something!
MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

THEY NEED THIS FOR THE PS3!!!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:But won't this give people a bad impression of Oswald...unless at the end of the game he realizes that Mickey isn't bad?!?

And if it's about forgotten Disney characters and films, The Black Cauldron so has to be involved and I will have to watch the game being played in YouTube videos or something!
Knowing Disney and Spector, I am sure that near the end of the game on of the following :
- We learn that Oswald was really controlled by someone else
- Oswald realizes that Mickey isn't his enemy, that both came from the same creator
- Just as Mickey is about to erase him, he takes pity on him and decides to forgive him and both restore both worlds to their former glory

Since this is a Disney product I doubt it will have a sad ending.

Disneyjedi: I think it might get a E10+ rating. Yes it might have a darker, edgier look than most Disney games, but it has the same kind of macabre whimsy as The Nightmare Before Christmas, which Disney has embraced fully.
ImageImageImageImage

pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Today's Game Informer update might not look like much, but does offer some valuable tidbits. First, it features the game's music, the first we hear it. Second, it confirms that the game will indeed have very crazy character design. Finally, it shows a tiny bit of Mickey's new design.

You can watch the video here:
http://gameinformer.com/games/disney_ep ... 24611.aspx
ImageImageImageImage

jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Wow, looks really dumb to me (then again, I said that about the first look at Kingdom Hearts) :roll:

Looks like Psychonauts meets classic mickey with some weird WDW parade floats as bosses. I really can't imagine who this is aimed at but we'll see.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

jpanimation wrote:Wow, looks really dumb to me (then again, I said that about the first look at Kingdom Hearts) :roll:

Looks like Psychonauts meets classic mickey with some weird WDW parade floats as bosses. I really can't imagine who this is aimed at but we'll see.

Perhaps it is aimed at the people in waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 to be released even though Junction Point made this game and Square Enix made Kingdom hearts.....you gotta know that they are both soemwhat connected....with one word: Disney

So with that being said....it could be a terrible game and I agree that it does sound like not your classic simple game (atlthough what Video Game now a days is Simple except Wheel of Fortune Video Game :P )

Again this game could be bad....im not getting overly hyped up about it....however I am very curious about the game....I am sure in the coming months we will know a lot more about this game I.E. Reviews previews spoilers etc
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
MadHatterDesign

Post by MadHatterDesign »

GameInformer started a webpage where they will be updating with new info on the game throughout the month. There is already staff interviews and new concept art. If this has already been posted sorry :P

http://gameinformer.com/mag/mickey.aspx

I am so excited for this game! In the beginning I was kinda skeptical but once that image popped out with the Ink Blot and Disneyland attractions being involved my excitement went through the roof!
Kossage
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kossage »

The idea of putting Warren "System Shock/Deus Ex" Spector and Disney together is quite fascinating. The actual screenshots aren't as awe-inspiring as the thrilling concept art but it's nice how Spector is trying to bring back the "lost" nuances of Mickey in this game and how he's mixing the ideas of freedom etc. introduced in the likes of SS and DE to Mickey's ongoing struggle in the dark world. Spector seems to be a huge Disney fan and he has quite innovative ideas, so I'm sure Epic Mickey will end up being an interesting addition to Mickey games.

I'm not exactly happy about the new version of the Phantom Blot, though, because he differs quite a bit from his original persona. I was quite surprised by Spector claiming that the original Blot was "dull"; if we're being honest, the Blot's first few appearances were anything but dull. If Spector's referring to the way certain later artists portrayed the Blot, however, I can understand his frustration.

Still, the idea of Oswald, Blot and Mickey in one game is interesting. I hope that the game turns out to be a success because it certainly has potential and originates from one of the most creative minds in the gaming industry. :)
Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Thanks for the scans, Super Aurora! :)
Kossage wrote:The actual screenshots aren't as awe-inspiring as the thrilling concept art but it's nice how Spector is trying to bring back the "lost" nuances of Mickey in this game and how he's mixing the ideas of freedom etc. introduced in the likes of SS and DE to Mickey's ongoing struggle in the dark world. Spector seems to be a huge Disney fan and he has quite innovative ideas, so I'm sure Epic Mickey will end up being an interesting addition to Mickey games.
I have to agree. The concept art was really dark and incredible, I couldn't wait to play a game like that, but looking at the screenshots, it looks like some of the darkness and zaniness had been a little bit watered down (kind of how Mary Blair's concept art for Cindrella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, etc. was lost when it made it to film). Still, the game looks crazy! You can definitely tell how big a Disney fan Spector is based on the characters he's using and the concepts he's doing, I really am excited to see how this game turns out.

Also, I can't wait to play an RPG as Mickey Mouse himself! Kingdom Hearts was a tease since you didn't get to play as Mickey, even though he was there. I haven't played a Mickey starring game since Mickey's Magical Wands for the original Game Boy (a.k.a. the Nintendo brick).

p.s. This was my favorite quote in the article: "Disney scared the pants off me when I was a kid. Disney needs to scare kids!"
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I also want to add that Oswald is using Malificant's Throne room as his sanctuary. It's in one of the videos. Also there is Stain-glass windows of Malificant, Scar, and Hades
Last edited by Super Aurora on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Kram Nebuer wrote:p.s. This was my favorite quote in the article: "Disney scared the pants off me when I was a kid. Disney needs to scare kids!"
I loved that too!!! :D
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

I agree that the screens look tame in comparison to the concept art leaked a few months ago. But remember...

- Concept art is meant to try and capture the idea of a product. Like, "How twisted can we make the Disney universe?". From there they decide what works or doesn't work. Note that a great deal of the concept art made it onto the game, though in a less haunting manner (I bet Zombie Goofy was a sketch as to how present the robotic Mickey characters in the game).

- This is still an early beta. Games in general go through many phases in development. In early betas the game design is very simplistic because the developers want to see what ideas work best, and heavily play test it so they add onto it or eliminate things. In other words, these early screens are likely only one small part of what looks to be a big game/

My only concern is that there seems to be only one type of Beetleworx (the car and Hades one). Hopefully, more types are made, one that incorporate other characters.
ImageImageImageImage

Babaloo
Gold Classic Collection

Epic Mickey...

Post by Babaloo »

Hey everyone!

I don't know if I'm just really bad at searches but I couldn't find any discussion to Epic Mickey, Disney's Wii exclusive game. And I have no idea if it fits into this category (Disney Discussion), but I had no idea where to put it. So if there is a thread already for this, sorry! But if there isn't I'm very surprised...

Here's an article I found:

More Epic Mickey Details: Inspired by Mario and Zelda
http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2010/0 ... _and_zelda

I think it's great that Disney is bringing back the mischievous Mickey back, and reintroducing him to a new generation...
IagoZazu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by IagoZazu »

There was a thread for this a while ago.

I'm definitely looking forward to Epic Mickey. :D It's nice that there's going to be a solid Disney video game that isn't Kingdom Hearts.

One of the things that has me pumped for this game is that there's going to be a lot of classic and modern Disney references throughout the dark landscape of the forgotten world. If it's supposed to be a land for forgotten cartoons and movies, then I hope characters and elements from The Black Cauldron appear! That movie is completely forgotten in today's day and age. It would be very hypocritical of them not to put it in the game!
Say no to moldy, disgusting crackers!
Cosmic Creepers

Post by Cosmic Creepers »

Has anyone seen those really weird promotional [or concept art - I'm not sure which it would be called] for "Epic Mickey" of the Disney Princesses looking evil and like zombies? There is one really good one of Snow White as a zombie with all of the Dwarfs as monsters that she has on leashes! I would post a picture of one or all of these but I don't even have enough posts to get an avatar. :mickeyface:
IagoZazu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by IagoZazu »

Cosmic Creepers wrote:Has anyone seen those really weird promotional [or concept art - I'm not sure which it would be called] for "Epic Mickey" of the Disney Princesses looking evil and like zombies? There is one really good one of Snow White as a zombie with all of the Dwarfs as monsters that she has on leashes! I would post a picture of one or all of these but I don't even have enough posts to get an avatar. :mickeyface:
:o That's freaky! But I like it!

If Epic Mickey will go that far for creepiness, imagine what would become of the villains!
Say no to moldy, disgusting crackers!
Babaloo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Babaloo »

Cosmic Creepers wrote:Has anyone seen those really weird promotional [or concept art - I'm not sure which it would be called] for "Epic Mickey" of the Disney Princesses looking evil and like zombies? There is one really good one of Snow White as a zombie with all of the Dwarfs as monsters that she has on leashes! I would post a picture of one or all of these but I don't even have enough posts to get an avatar. :mickeyface:
That sounds great!!!!! Finally people will stop thinking of Disney as only for little kids! I think my favourite concept art has to be the one of goofy! But I do think that screen pictures don't look as good as the concept art...
Last edited by Babaloo on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Epic Mickey

Post by Disney Duster »

Moderators, help?

I'm sorry, this was posted before, and we like reviving old threads:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... light=epic

But I did not know that this was to be like how Mickey used to be. To be honest, I think I like how older Mickey sounded more than today's! Good find, now I'm way more excited!

By the way, the Twisted Princesses were NOT for this game. They are fanart:

http://jeftoon01.deviantart.com/gallery ... d-Princess

I would love to see the princesses in the game though...
Babaloo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Babaloo »

Sorry guys about the new thread. I searched in the search box, but I couldn't find anything about Epic mickey only from other threads, maybe I was looking for the wrong thing.