Disney Villains Adventure Park! - 2009/2010

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Disney Villains Adventure Park! - 2009/2010

Post by lord-of-sith »

I was at my local mall today, and decided to pay a visit to my local Disney Store. As I walk in, a few of the workers recognize me as the "Villain Guy" as I have been going there to get villain related memerobilia for a long time.

Though they tell me dissapointedly that there is little to none villain merchandise in the store (this, I was well aware of and not surprised by) one of the workers did let me in on some exciting news....

He told me about the rumors he had heard of a Disney Villains related theme park in Disney World Florida! He then told me of (and this was the exciting part) his confirmation on the subject during a visit to Florida just a few weeks back! He told me that it was expected to open near 2009 or 2010.

Now, take this with the fact that I haven't a link or any official source to site it by. But, the fact that this could really happen makes me so excited! And, I know I am not the only one here at UD that would visit this in a second were it to happen.

So, what are your thoughts?
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

This is awesome!!!!

What kind of rides do you think there will be?
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I haven't a clue, but if I had any say in it, I would have at least one giant ride that would be modeled after any of the following...

* Maleficent's Forbidden Mountains
* Chernabog's Bald Mountain
* Hades' underworld (though it would be more above ground than under)

I would also (and this comes straight from a wish-list article somebody wrote that I remember reading a long time ago) like to see a ride based on Ursula that was a lot like the Dumbo/Magic Carpet rides where you could ride in her tenticles.

Oh the possibilities.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I have heard of this rumor for years now. I think it's likely to be a valid project in the works, but I doubt that it will become a reality until around 2015 or so. I think it would be a great addition to the parks, especiallly if they cater it to the tweens and teens (similar to Island of Adventures, except Disneyfied).

Right now I think they are focusing on fixing some of the parks they have open currently, specifically California Adventure. I just read an article that they are revamping the whole park, and spending a lot of money in the process.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Villains Adventure Park! - 2009/2010

Post by Mr. Toad »

lord-of-sith wrote:I was at my local mall today, and decided to pay a visit to my local Disney Store. As I walk in, a few of the workers recognize me as the "Villain Guy" as I have been going there to get villain related memerobilia for a long time.

Though they tell me dissapointedly that there is little to none villain merchandise in the store (this, I was well aware of and not surprised by) one of the workers did let me in on some exciting news....

He told me about the rumors he had heard of a Disney Villains related theme park in Disney World Florida! He then told me of (and this was the exciting part) his confirmation on the subject during a visit to Florida just a few weeks back! He told me that it was expected to open near 2009 or 2010.

Now, take this with the fact that I haven't a link or any official source to site it by. But, the fact that this could really happen makes me so excited! And, I know I am not the only one here at UD that would visit this in a second were it to happen.

So, what are your thoughts?
There is also a rumour that California Screaming will be redone into a Disney villain motif.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
MagicMirror
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MagicMirror »

This is wonderful! I can't wait to see what rides they think up. A Cruella's car-themed roller coaster and a tour of the Queen's dungeon are an absolute must.
Princess Stitch
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Princess Stitch »

That would be neat if it actually happened. Even if it did though I doubt it will be that fast. There would probably already have to be construction going on for the park to be complete in 2-3 years...

I'm guessing it's going to be the California Adventure of the east cost. Probably more thrill rides and such....
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

This theme park and the villain mountain alternative have been rumored for years, and nothing has happened and nothing will happen for a long time. Disney is investing alot into it's current theme parks in Florida upgrading older attractions (Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination version 4) and building new ones (Toy Story Mania, Expedition Everest) and building new expansions (more highways and new hotels, shops, resturants and DVC properties). When and if a 5th theme park gets built, it won't be for at least 10 more years. Also cast member rumors are not always the best.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

If Disney world ever did get a 5th theme park, I wanted somethign similar to Disney Tokyo Sea, and I wish Disney revamp their fantasy land section like Disneyland did.

I'm just not too thrilled with a villian park. what's next? A princess park??
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Disney Villains Park

Post by Disney Duster »

MagicMirror wrote:A Cruella's car-themed roller coaster
No, how about something more similar to Fast-track? Or bumper cars! But the bumper cars would all cover a very wide area with dogs you can try to run over and bridges you almost fall off! Maybe even cars that (if you're safely strapped in) flip you over!

But yea, this park, if it comes true, sounds incredible. Thank you Disney Villain, even if this news turns out to be rumour still and it won't open for a longer time than expected.

The Dumbo rides are more for kids, though. What would be better if it was a more wild, spinning version, like the ones that really swing you and go fast, using Ursula's tentacles. And perhaps this will give a chance for another go at The Little Mermaid ride on the 2-disc DVD, but with more focus on Ursula, and perhaps you, as the rider, take Ariel's place (like the original Snow White's Adventures).
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Your welcome Disney Duster (I think), I was very excited myself at even the probable rumor of a villain park!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Super Aurora wrote:If Disney world ever did get a 5th theme park, I wanted somethign similar to Disney Tokyo Sea, and I wish Disney revamp their fantasy land section like Disneyland did.

I'm just not too thrilled with a villian park. what's next? A princess park??
lol I know

I still wonder to this day what is with everyone's obsession with Disney Villians on these forums.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

As much as I'd like to see more Disney villains in the parks, I have my doubts about this rumor. There's a lot of chatter lately about a 5th gate at Disney World and I don't doubt that Disney has all sorts of plans for one on the table. I think it's likely to be at least a few years away from even early stages and when it comes, I can't see Disney pouring money into something as "dark" and "edgy" (i.e. "risky") as a villains parks. A villains ride? Definitely. A villains land? Quite possible. A villains theme park, though? Well, I personally can see some potential in it and I do love the villains, but I can't see it happening.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

AwallaceUNC wrote:As much as I'd like to see more Disney villains in the parks, I have my doubts about this rumor. There's a lot of chatter lately about a 5th gate at Disney World and I don't doubt that Disney has all sorts of plans for one on the table. I think it's likely to be at least a few years away from even early stages and when it comes, I can't see Disney pouring money into something as "dark" and "edgy" (i.e. "risky") as a villains parks. A villains ride? Definitely. A villains land? Quite possible. A villains theme park, though? Well, I personally can see some potential in it and I do love the villains, but I can't see it happening.

-Aaron
From what I understood, I believe it was a "land" is what he was talking about, not a whole park (though he did use the word "park")
candydog
Gold Classic Collection

Post by candydog »

When I first read about this, I thought it was just the old "villain's park" rumor turning up again. It may still be just a rumor, but I think that Disney are now working on an idea for a new Park for Florida now that they have the new Harry Potter park at Universal to compete with. They need something new at Disney World to keep drawing in the crowds, and although I haven't heard anything official myself, I expect that a villain park is certainly being considered, but for some reason, I just can't imagine it. Disney Parks are never really centred entirely around Disney. The Magic Kingdom has what may be described as "non-disney" attractions such as Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain, EPCOT has it's futuristic rides and exhibits, Animal Kingdom has it's Safaris and MGM has it's movie rides.

Generally the theme for a park tends to be quite a broad theme such as Magic or Animals. This way non-disney type attractions and Disney type attractions can fit together without looking out of place and a wider range of attractions can be included. If Disney is planning on a Villain Park, they are more likely to choose a broader theme such as "Adventure" or "evil" into which the disney villains would fit nicely, without entirely dominating the parks overall theme.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Super Aurora wrote:If Disney world ever did get a 5th theme park, I wanted somethign similar to Disney Tokyo Sea

i thought they would do that too,
i know it sounds crazy but i always imagined Disney would do an actual
under-the-sea park :D (nightmare to claustrophobics and hydrophobics i know)
may be later in the future.

anyway, i don't think its a full park, may be a section of magic kingdom,
because its true that they use broad themes so they won't have to focus
over one movie or franchise.

but i think its a very cool thing to think about, and if done properly, could be a hit, and the rise of the villain franchise
Disney Duster

Disney Villains Park

Post by Disney Duster »

candydog wrote:If Disney is planning on a Villain Park, they are more likely to choose a broader theme such as "Adventure" or "evil" into which the disney villains would fit nicely, without entirely dominating the parks overall theme.
VERY smart observations and idea. I agree completely. Perhaps it could be Chaotic Land? Chaotic Kingdom?

For those who want Tokyo Disney Sea, why not just make the hub of the villains-centered park Triton's palace, with Ursula's lair (the Leviathon?) nearby. Ursula could have taken over the palace, and we can visit her inside in the throne room (it's a character greeting like Ariel's grotto). There could be a giant wave pool with whirpools that turn on every once in a while and sunken ships that have risen to the surface to play on.

And we can explore Ursula's lair because she left her lair for the palace! So we get to do whatever we want in her lair without her catching us! Making potions, recording our voices, playing with moving poor unfortunate souls. Maybe even some interactive game inside her cauldron or mirror. Maybe watch movies in her spying bubble.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

As fun as that would be Disney Duster, that still wouldn't get us Journey to the Center of the Earth, Stormrider, or all the amazing locations of Tokyo Disney Sea.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:As fun as that would be Disney Duster, that still wouldn't get us Journey to the Center of the Earth, Stormrider, or all the amazing locations of Tokyo Disney Sea.
Agreed. one of the great things I like about Disney Tokyo Sea(since the japaneses always gets the good stuff lol) is the high quality details and feel of the theme. It makes me really want to go there badly. It draws you in.

Plus Disney World (and HK but they still in development and progress) is the only resort park that doesn't have an Indiana jones ride.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney Duster

Disney Villains Land?

Post by Disney Duster »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:As fun as that would be Disney Duster, that still wouldn't get us Journey to the Center of the Earth, Stormrider, or all the amazing locations of Tokyo Disney Sea.
Oh, well, I tried to imply that some other Tokyo Disney Sea attractions were welcome. Maybe if it's under the theme of darkness or chaos, some of the scarier rides at Tokyo Disney Sea could fit in?

The Indianna Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye ride would fit in!