Favorite Disney Villain Song

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Favorite Disney Villain Song

Post by Farerb »

Don't you like Gaston?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It's OK, but not among my favorites. I usually don't like comedic songs that much.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

•Hellfire - iconic
•Poor Unfortunate Souls - I like that it starts out very light and amusing, but it gets serious and dark towards the end.
•Be Prepared -
•Mother Knows Best
•Gaston - It's so fun and catchy
•Trust in Me - same thing

I also like "Shinny", but not enough to include it here. And as for "This is the thanks I get", I listened to it on YouTube, I thought it was very weird, and not very villain-y. Maybe it will sound better once I see it in context in "Wish".
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

"Poor Unfortunate Souls" is the easy winner for me. And its reprise is divine, too. :P

I also really love "All Good Things Must End," "Hellfire," "Prince Ali (Reprise)," "Gaston," and "Snuff Out the Light" (a real shame that one had to hit the cutting room floor). Also, with those I'd include "Love Is An Open Door," I love that song. "Mother Knows Best" and its reprise are good, too, even if I'm not fond of the character or the scenes that accompany them, and a few of the lyrics are odd. After that is where I'd put "Friends On the Other Side," "Be Prepared," "Shiny," and "This Is the Thanks I Get?!"--all of which I like, but are a step down from those others. Keith David saves the "Friends...," no doubt, while the other three songs do at least have a fun quality to them even if they're not completely satisfying. As far as old Walt villain-ish songs, I did always like "Mad Madam Mim" and "The Siamese Cat Song." I suppose you could include King Louie's song, too, but I've never been fond of that one.

Of Broadway additions, I also love "The Madness of King Scar," "I Want the Good Times Back," "Sweet Child" (and its reprise), and "Diamond in the Rough." I guess if I had to properly rank everything, I'd say "PUS," "The Madness of King Scar," "Gaston," and "Hellfire" are all masterpieces. Then "Prince Ali (Reprise)," "Snuff Out the Light," "Love Is An Open Door," "Diamond in the Rough," "Sweet Child," and "I Want the Good Times Are Back" are very good, and the others are okay or lower. "Poor Unfortunate Souls" has several different reprises, but the only ones I like are the one from the animated film (in front of the mirror) and the deleted one from the Broadway show (that was going to be set where Ursula transforms into Vanessa).

I'm very curious to hear how the musical's song for Hades turns out, that is a hard character to imagine singing.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"