Disney College Program

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Thank you but unfortunately that link was also the bearer of bad news. Turns out it is in fact a minimum requirement to be a representative of one of the countries showcased at Disney's resort. Since I'm neither Caribbean, African or any type of country person from the World Showcase I cannot apply. :(
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

There are 3 different programs the website mentions, and this one:
http://www.wdwip.com/programs_college.htm
doesn't is not for the World Showcase at Epcot, so you should be able to get in.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

THANK YOU!! :D I just naturally checked the 'How To Apply' section when I saw the minimun requirements.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

No problem! Good luck! :)
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

I need help! Where do I go to fill out my roommate preference forms?
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

toonaspie wrote:I need help! Where do I go to fill out my roommate preference forms?
As soon as you log into the WDWCP website on the Program Countdown page there should be a link about half-way down that says, "Living" on there the Roommate form.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney College Program

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I'm bringing this topic back from the dead! Muahaha! :twisted:

So, next semester, I plan on applying for the Fall 2014 Disney College Program in Florida. I know a lot of members on here are former (or possibly current) CPs, and I was wondering what advice you had about applying, interviews, and what jobs are good. I really want to work in any aspect at the parks, and I'd love to hear from you guys about how I can achieve getting into the program. Thanks in advance! :)
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Linden
Special Edition

Re: Disney College Program

Post by Linden »

zackisthewalrus wrote:I'm bringing this topic back from the dead! Muahaha! :twisted:

So, next semester, I plan on applying for the Fall 2014 Disney College Program in Florida. I know a lot of members on here are former (or possibly current) CPs, and I was wondering what advice you had about applying, interviews, and what jobs are good. I really want to work in any aspect at the parks, and I'd love to hear from you guys about how I can achieve getting into the program. Thanks in advance! :)
I did my CP last year at DAK. I LOVED it. I did QSF&B. I mostly worked at Pizzafari, which has the ugliest costumes out of any park. It was worth it, though. I'm currently waiting for a job for me to open up at DLR.

Anyway, first bit of advice: Disboards rocks. They have real interview questions to practice with, tons of people to answer your questions, unlike here. Go to the college board, and it all happens there. Best bit of advice I can give you.

I've been told it's not worth it to take college classes while you do it. I didn't take any classes, college or DCP or otherwise. I was completely happy that way.

Um, I don't know. Any particular questions?